Default Batman Eternal April 2014 sales numbers through Diamond

From Diamond's numbers for the month of April, here's how Batman Eternal did:
    * 4th - BATMAN ETERNAL #1 = 96,140 copies
    * 6th - BATMAN ETERNAL #2 = 76,878 copies
    * 9th - BATMAN ETERNAL #3 = 72,457 copies
    * 10th - BATMAN ETERNAL #4 = 70,917 copies

The only books that sold better than the first issue of Batman Eternal were AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1; SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #31; and BATMAN #30.

So, overall, do people think those numbers were good or bad? It is a weekly title, so whether that dampened any interest / enthusiasm is anybody's guess. Also keep in mind those are the number of copies ordered by comic book shops; who knows how many of those were bought by readers.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    From Diamond's numbers for the month of April, here's how Batman Eternal did:
    * 4th - BATMAN ETERNAL #1 = 96,140 copies
    * 6th - BATMAN ETERNAL #2 = 76,878 copies
    * 9th - BATMAN ETERNAL #3 = 72,457 copies
    * 10th - BATMAN ETERNAL #4 = 70,917 copies

The only books that sold better than the first issue of Batman Eternal were AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1; SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #31; and BATMAN #30.

So, overall, do people think those numbers were good or bad? It is a weekly title, so whether that dampened any interest / enthusiasm is anybody's guess. Also keep in mind those are the number of copies ordered by comic book shops; who knows how many of those were bought by readers.
    they are ok numbers but I dont think they will be at the top ten by the third month

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    they are ok numbers but I dont think they will be at the top ten by the third month
    That might also depend on how many #1 or #0 issues Marvel is planning to introduce over the next few months.

I think the numbers are pretty expected. I figured the weekly would settle around 50-55K and that seems likely. Though I wonder how the numbers will look after the two other weekly series come out. Though probably by the third one the first two weekly series should have settled down.

I'm a bit more surprised at Justice League United's numbers. I thought it would do better than 68,431 for it's first issue. By it's second or third issue it is already going to be lower than where Justice League of America is currently. Not a very strong relaunch.