Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

DC's editors have obviously told their writers that Supergirl is off limits for the time being. I don't think she's made a single appearance since her book was cancelled. Gone from JLU and nowhere to be found during Truth, which makes zero sense in the context of the story. I think they are probably wanting the new series to mimic the TV show, so they're waiting until it gets going to bring her back in the comics.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Who The Shock? View Post
    DC's editors have obviously told their writers that Supergirl is off limits for the time being. I don't think she's made a single appearance since her book was cancelled. Gone from JLU and nowhere to be found during Truth, which makes zero sense in the context of the story. I think they are probably wanting the new series to mimic the TV show, so they're waiting until it gets going to bring her back in the comics.
    Except she has her appearance in JUSTICE LEAGUE 3001 so *a* version is being used at least.

Cheers.

James.

Incredible Member

Oops double post sorry!
    Last edited by James Hunter; 09-01-2015 at 02:10 AM. Reason: acidentally double posted

Re member

From Mike Maihack's website:

http://cowshell.com/comics/batgirl-supergirl/

art by Leandro Matos

Quote Originally Posted by Iopy View Post
    very nice lol
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Supergirl is another character I'm a big fan of, first and modern versions anyway. I never did care for the shape shifter one.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I'm hoping we hear some news about a new title launch for Supergirl soon. With the recent wave of cancelled titles from DC, I hope they have some new titles in line to replace them, with Supergirl being one of them!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I was hoping we would get one to coincide with the show. Really confused about that and if they are wanting any kind of cross pollination. How are girls who become fans of the show supposed to find her in comics? Dont understand DC's thinking on this one at all.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I was hoping we would get one to coincide with the show. Really confused about that and if they are wanting any kind of cross pollination. How are girls who become fans of the show supposed to find her in comics? Dont understand DC's thinking on this one at all.
    This appears to be a problem that DC has consistently had going all the way back to the Justice League cartoon and the lack of John Stewart comics for people who saw him on the show could get...

BANNED

Well Kara is in the the Justice League 3001 book,and it has been said she will be around for awhile there also,and more prominent as time goes on.she is more the classic pre crisis version if that matters

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This appears to be a problem that DC has consistently had going all the way back to the Justice League cartoon and the lack of John Stewart comics for people who saw him on the show could get...
    This is something I have never understood about DC. They want more readers, they want more people buying comics...but they dont put out comics to go with what else WB is showcasing. They always seem to be running a day behind. Just like the "big" news that DC is rushing to print a copy of the New52 Supergirl #1...why is this being rushed? They've known about the show for months. I seriously do not understand their thinking in all this.

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

That's from the most recent interview on IGN, so hopefully this means we'll get a new Supergirl book and not just collections with older material.

IGN: One last question. The Supergirl show is coming this Fall, but there's no Supergirl comic book on the shelf. Are there any plans to bring Supergirl back with her own solo series?

Lee: We'd be remiss if we did not use that as an opportunity. If you look at all the shows, we've tried to do things that both tie in directly into the core mythology of the show itself. But a lot of times you see the best stories featuring, let’s say Green Arrow or The Flash, those are the ones which see the greatest lift when a show becomes a hit. I think you'll see an interesting mix of Supergirl content come out, some of which will closely mirror what's going on in the show, but there's some of the great stories that we publish that we will put out.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeUsername View Post
    IGN: One last question. The Supergirl show is coming this Fall, but there's no Supergirl comic book on the shelf. Are there any plans to bring Supergirl back with her own solo series?

Lee: We'd be remiss if we did not use that as an opportunity. If you look at all the shows, we've tried to do things that both tie in directly into the core mythology of the show itself. But a lot of times you see the best stories featuring, let’s say Green Arrow or The Flash, those are the ones which see the greatest lift when a show becomes a hit. I think you'll see an interesting mix of Supergirl content come out, some of which will closely mirror what's going on in the show, but there's some of the great stories that we publish that we will put out.
    Notice the word Lee did not use: 'Yes'. So basically all that blurb is just a long-winded way of saying 'No'. I do not expect a new Supergirl comic to be made for some time, DC clearly has no interest in making one.

Re member

Quote Originally Posted by confusiongrows View Post
    Notice the word Lee did not use: 'Yes'. So basically all that blurb is just a long-winded way of saying 'No'. I do not expect a new Supergirl comic to be made for some time, DC clearly has no interest in making one.
    The "I think you'll see" nature of that response is interesting. Considering Lee is co-publisher for DC Entertainment he shoud certainly be in the know. The fact that he wouldn't commit says there won't be anything on the shelves for the show's debut. He talks about what DC should do, not what it is actually doing. So it sounds like DC doesn't have anything in the works for after the show is on the air either.

I'm surprised at how completely DC has dropped the ball on this.