Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

I think D C has a lot of plans for Supergirl
    I think most of it hinges around her television series being a hit or dud.

If it goes off with a bang and grows, than I believe we will see a comic dedicated to the show and
    we will see a new series with her in the D C Universe and wee will see some merchandise like
    statues and toys and shirts rolling out constantly.

But if the series flops.................

Re member

IANAM (I am not a modrrator) but...

... we should probably create a new thread for non "Appreciation" discussions, per the guidelines.

http://community.comicbookresources....es-Please-read!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I think D C has a lot of plans for Supergirl
    I think most of it hinges around her television series being a hit or dud.

If it goes off with a bang and grows, than I believe we will see a comic dedicated to the show and
    we will see a new series with her in the D C Universe and wee will see some merchandise like
    statues and toys and shirts rolling out constantly.

But if the series flops.................
    If they wanted there would be a supergirl comic already out, DC is launching a lucifer book because of the tv show that wasn't well received

I'm sure they will make a new SG book and they're going to use the publicity of the show to give the book a big bounce by having the comic out not too long after.
    Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Teen Titans, Astro City, Spider-Man 2099, Lazarus, The Maxx: Maxximized, Invader Zim
    There is only one Apocalypse

Re member

Quote Originally Posted by Internet-man View Post
    I'm sure they will make a new SG book and they're going to use the publicity of the show to give the book a big bounce by having the comic out not too long after.
    What you're saying would make a lot of sense. Unfortunately it's going to be hard to do since the dealer comic solicitations for December are already out and there's no mention of a new Supergirl book.

Default Pre-Crisis Supergirl Chronology

Hi,

De-lurking to tell you about a new resource I've been working on for the last few months, now finally up and available totally free for all Supergirl fans. (I also want to ask for some help too..!)

Who was Dick Malverne? How many issues of Action Comics feature a cameo by Supergirl in the lead Superman strip? When was Batgirl's first team-up with Supergirl? Why did Lesla-Lar die? What was Krypto and Streaky last appearance together in a Supergirl story? The Pre-Crisis Supergirl Chronology is a free resource that is designed to allow you to answer these type of queries with ease.

It's a highly interactive web page, documenting every pre-Crisis appearance of the Girl of Steel (AFAIK), with an easy-to-use "Web 3.0" interface. Just select the characters, places, and/or events you're interested in, and the page automatically rebuilds itself to show the relevant comicbooks, and how they relate to the Supergirl 'universe' in general. I really hope Supergirl fans will find it useful.

How can you help?

First: although there's a lot of SG material online, the information is patchy and sometimes incorrect. Therefore, I took on the task of reading (speed reading!) every one of the 400+ issues myself to compile and verify the data. (Apart from a few LotSH issues, that I didn't posses!) There are bound to be errors and omissions: if you spot any, can you please PM me? In time I hope to build a corrections/feedback element into the page itself, but for now...

Second: spread the word. This is meant to be a free resource to help collectors and fans, so the more people know about it the better. But more importantly, the more people know about it, the more errors will be spotted and corrected.

Btw, I've also started to use the chronology to write up a history of the early years of the Girl of Steel at Supergirl: the Life and Times of Kara Zor-El, as there wasn't a whole lot of detailed stuff about the pre-Crisis character out there on the web. I figured with the Melissa Benoist series coming, there might be a whole generation of new fans who would want to know about the origins of the character.

Thanks.

R5

Quote Originally Posted by Internet-man View Post
    I remember hearing that Jim lee did say there would be a new Supergirl comic....eventually.... it was in a interview though I cannot remember where....

Re member

Quote Originally Posted by devil leonx View Post
    I remember hearing that Jim lee did say there would be a new Supergirl comic....eventually.... it was in a interview though I cannot remember where....
    The closest thing to that was covered here:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...c-comics-title
    "We'd be remiss if we did not use [the show] as an opportunity...."
    So no, he didn't actually say there would be a book. He said DC would be remiss if they didn't take advantage of the opportunity. Maybe he was referring to the Comixology sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Iopy View Post
    The closest thing to that was covered here:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...c-comics-title

So no, he didn't actually say there would be a book. He said DC would be remiss if they didn't take advantage of the opportunity. Maybe he was referring to the Comixology sales.
    Thank you Lopy that was it though i read it on ign, his entire quote which can be read on ign is "We'd be remiss if we did not use that as an opportunity. If you look at all the shows, we've tried to do things that both tie in directly into the core mythology of the show itself. But a lot of times you see the best stories featuring, let’s say Green Arrow or The Flash, those are the ones which see the greatest lift when a show becomes a hit. I think you'll see an interesting mix of Supergirl content come out, some of which will closely mirror what's going on in the show, but there's some of the great stories that we publish that we will put out.

I think it's exciting to see one of the key franchises lifted and showcased and we have really high hopes for it."

Which he does not say comic book exactly just new content...which I guess I took it to mean a possible comic book but also other things.... lets just hope for something new for kara in comic book form sooner rather than later....hell how about Kelly Sue Deconnick or Brian Azzarello I think that be a good solid start to Supergirl.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Apparently there's a Supergirl digital first series in the works: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/11/...the-tp-bundle/

Everyone (myself included) kept saying "I'm sure DC will launch a new monthly Supergirl comic when the show debuts. They'd be crazy not to." Well it sounds like it kind of slipped their mind and they had to scramble to put together the digital comic. Jeezus DC.

It's nice to see Supergirl getting love, now if only it happens to her cousin as well. Seriously Superman needs some love and a animated Tv show and video game would be great. Speaking of Superman he shows up in the next Supergirl episode apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Everyone (myself included) kept saying "I'm sure DC will launch a new monthly Supergirl comic when the show debuts. They'd be crazy not to." Well it sounds like it kind of slipped their mind and they had to scramble to put together the digital comic. Jeezus DC.
    I'm honestly surprised that they didn't try a relaunched Supergirl book for DCYou...then again, given how DC reacted to DCYou, maybe it's for the best .

BANNED

After watching her show and buying a bunch of her books on comixology. I gotta say Supergirl is pretty awesome, once upon a time I use to brush her off as 'Superman with boobs'

Nope there's definitely something there. She so much more different from Clark than I realized. I'm currently reading Jeph Lobe's run.
    Last edited by Starchild; 11-09-2015 at 10:59 PM.

The shows been great so far. I'm hoping that DC will still give Supergirl a new monthly at some point. Also glad to see this appreciation thread is alive and well again!