Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I am excited to try out Kara's new solo.

I gave the "Supergirl" TV series a B+ overall (some better/worse individual episodes) and hope that her new comic can at least match (or exceed) that level of entertainment for me.
    It seems like the Supergirl comic books are taking cues from the TV show. A year after the TV show started and now the final episode has aired. It would be ironic that this is the way DC has decided to go with Supergirl if the TV show ends up being cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    It seems like the Supergirl comic books are taking cues from the TV show. A year after the TV show started and now the final episode has aired. It would be ironic that this is the way DC has decided to go with Supergirl if the TV show ends up being cancelled.
    I'm a little disappointed that they're trying to mimic the TV show, the TV representation of Kara is okay, (reminds me of puppy that keeps tripping over its own legs) but I preferred NU52 Kara she was angry and petulant at times but her reactions seemed closer to how a teenager would react given her circumstances I hope we don't loose all of it just for her to become a copy.
    Last edited by lucius121; 05-08-2016 at 03:00 PM.

BANNED

This Rebirth looks like it's going to be a huge step back for Kara. I'm so disappointed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    art by Leandro matos
    Fantastic. Her Nu52 attire was waaaay better than all of her other costumes. And her hairstyle! Argh, I'm going to miss that. D;

I found the nu52 suit terrible. Especially with that odd red patch on the bottom. I believe all they're taking from the TV show is the setting, finally giving Kara something to do one her own. Al ready there are differences. Like, Kara being in high school cause she's still 16. I'm sure working for the DEO will be the plot device that will help generate stories for her. Again, this is probably all give make her more distinct.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    I'm so glad to see Kara back in her classic costume. Orlando is a great writer, so this book should be fun.
    As am I! while i kind of liked the new 52 costume...it was just way to revealing and unrealistic, her classic costume is well classic I like how it mirrors the show but has a brighter color palette bright colors work better in comics than on the big screen. Plus Orlando done a good job with midnighter , looking forward to seeing what he does with kara.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I am excited to try out Kara's new solo.

I gave the "Supergirl" TV series a B+ overall (some better/worse individual episodes) and hope that her new comic can at least match (or exceed) that level of entertainment for me.
    I think that is a good way to describe the show, its a 8 out of 10 to me over all, it has some good moments and than ok moments but the heart is in the right place. Plus its nice to see one depiction were Kara and Clark are close....even if you do not physically seen them interact....lol

Quote Originally Posted by devil leonx View Post
    I think that is a good way to describe the show, its a 8 out of 10 to me over all, it has some good moments and than ok moments but the heart is in the right place. Plus its nice to see one depiction were Kara and Clark are close....even if you do not physically seen them interact....lol
    this, so much this this show in my opinion is far better than Arrow and I wouldn't mind if DC closed the gap between the show and the comic book counterpart. The only thing I wish they kept from the new52 though is the hair, I got used to Kara having short hair and it made more sense seeing as she's flying around all the time

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    I'm a little disappointed that they're trying to mimic the TV show, the TV representation of Kara is okay, (reminds me of puppy that keeps tripping over its own legs) but I preferred NU52 Kara she was angry and petulant at times but her reactions seemed closer to how a teenager would react given her circumstances I hope we don't loose all of it just for her to become a copy.
    I hear you kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Fantastic. Her Nu52 attire was waaaay better than all of her other costumes. And her hairstyle! Argh, I'm going to miss that. D;
    I think the same. Although I prefer Supergirl with long hair.

Bye Bye Kara..... I hope your replacement Kara Danvers is more popular.

BANNED

To me, the original Danvers will be a pleasure to behold come season 2 of the Supergirl tv series.

According to rebirth the new Supergirl #1 doesn't come out until September!

BANNED

Perhaps to coincide with the POSSIBLE starting month of the original Danvers' tv series!