Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243 LastLast
    BANNED

Supergirl, the ORIGINAL Danvers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlus View Post
    A fantastic Aquafan job

To me, it is to be established that whenever the Arrowverse Barry Allen or Cisco will travel to Earth 2 again,
    they 'll meet a recently started as Supergirl Kara Danvers! Just like the one on Earth 38!
    Some evil Supergirl...

To me, this is to be the first adversary for the ORIGINAL Danvers to deal with in the all-new DC Extended Universe in the cinema!

The girl of steel to the rescue...

To me, a terrific opening scene of the first Supergirl movie set in the all-new DC Extended Universe!

Supergirl is in THE PHANTOM ZONE in Injustice vs masters of the universe:

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/0...the-resistance

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    From the Injustice vs. Masters of the Universe #3 preview:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Still don't get why people think Supergirl was terrible.
    Oh, it was -- because the plot was so silly and the acting by Faye Dunaway was so camply. Helen Slater was excellent in the part, but the story itself doomed the film.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Oh, it was -- because the plot was so silly and the acting by Faye Dunaway was so camply. Helen Slater was excellent in the part, but the story itself doomed the film.
    The wannabe evil witch angle was great IMO. She's a magic practitioner who wants real power but doesn't have it, and goes bananas when she gets it. The overall plot was so comic book I can't say it was bad.

Astonishing Member

I really like that 1970s era Supergirl logo from Adenture Comics and her very first solo comic (circa 1972). I know that current is easily recognized as part of the Superman line of comics. But that 1970s one gave her a unique identity -- and it's a good classic logo.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I love the movie more than most but let's not overstate things. She was fairly wooden and there are parts of the movie where she can barely keep a straight face reading her lines.(not that I can really blame her,lol)
    Last edited by Midnighter; 09-28-2018 at 01:23 PM.

Good issue today. Supergirl is doing a better job of exploring the whole mystery of the Circle than Superman is. Mogo’s reasons for helping Kara made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Good issue today. Supergirl is doing a better job of exploring the whole mystery of the Circle than Superman is. Mogo’s reasons for helping Kara made sense.
    Although I do get annoyed at the trope of nobody explains anything cause they don't have time or wouldn't understand (which happened twice in this issue) I still found this issue lots of fun.

Supergirl is currently a nice switch of pace from the current Super Serious Superman which I'm also enjoying.

hey would you guys be cool DC aged kara up a little? I think kara should be 20 or 21 years old, it will help the overall superfamily with clark being a older husband and father, kara a 20 year old young adult, connor midteens and jon big a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    hey would you guys be cool DC aged kara up a little? I think kara should be 20 or 21 years old, it will help the overall superfamily with clark being a older husband and father, kara a 20 year old young adult, connor midteens and jon big a kid.
    I agree. Kara has been a teenager long enough throughout all her series. I think 21 would be ideal age for her right now.

Might as well give her the Superwoman name at that point. No 20 year old is going to want to be called “girl”. I’d be fine with it but DC won’t do it because Supergirl is a stronger brand than Superwoman.

Might as well give her the Superwoman name at that point. No 20 year old is going to want to be called “girl”. I’d be fine with it but DC won’t do it because Supergirl is a stronger brand than Superwoman.
    If Barbara Gordon can still be called Batgirl then Kara Zor-El can still be called Supergirl. Besides there is already a character called Superwoman, just like there is another character called Batwoman.
    So it would be confusing to have two different characters existing at the same time with the same superhero name on the same Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    If Barbara Gordon can still be called Batgirl then Kara Zor-El can still be called Supergirl. Besides there is already a character called Superwoman, just like there is another character called Batwoman.
    So it would be confusing to have two different characters existing at the same time with the same superhero name on the same Earth.
    Barbara isn’t 20 though, at least I don’t think she is. And Lana’s powers are easily taken away, assuming anyone even remembers she exists. Her series wasn’t very popular sales-wise. But it’s a moot point, Dido isn’t aging her up and Kara isn’t changing her name.

Weren't she and Conner around the same age pre-Flashpoint?

At least once Kara Zor-El actually came back.
    Barbara isn’t 20 though, at least I don’t think she is. And Lana’s powers are easily taken away, assuming anyone even remembers she exists. Her series wasn’t very popular sales-wise. But it’s a moot point, Dido isn’t aging her up and Kara isn’t changing her name.
    Current Barbara is supposed to be at least 21 even if writers can't make up their mind how to depict her.