Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243 LastLast

Supergirl on cw is in mid twenties she was 24 in season one.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Never watched it myself. I doubt comic Kara will ever even pass 20 as long as the current regime holds though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Barbara isn’t 20 though, at least I don’t think she is. And Lana’s powers are easily taken away, assuming anyone even remembers she exists. Her series wasn’t very popular sales-wise. But it’s a moot point, Dido isn’t aging her up and Kara isn’t changing her name.
    Was Barbara ever a teenager as Batgirl? In live action Yvonnne Craig was 30 years old and although the character was Barbara Wilson, Alicia Silverstone was about 20 years old at the time.

And Melissa Benoist herself is 30 years old. The character would be about 28 now, as this is the fourth season.

Yeah I'm pretty sure both of the Batgirl versions were at least 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Was Barbara ever a teenager as Batgirl? In live action Yvonnne Craig was 30 years old and although the character was Barbara Wilson, Alicia Silverstone was about 20 years old at the time.
    The Batman cartoon Babs was a teenager.

DC Super Hero Girls
    Batgirl.

Late Post-Crisis Batgirl and Post-Flashpoint Batgirl also began her career as a teenager.

Shaner’s art is some A+ stuff. Another good issue, looks like Kara might have gotten herself another Coluan boyfriend lmao. This one looks like a Peter Quill clone though, looking forward to seeing where the relationship goes.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

That had to be deliberate, it was hilarious.

I was bugged last issue that it didn't look like the title inherited the meat of the Zaar mystery. Although this one kept her in much of the same place, exploring that bar from MoS with Kara's new role was great. That fight scene has to be my favorite of Supergirl's ever. Visually I feel like this comic was perfect.

It's also kind of funny that for the initial suggestions of Zaar being Czarnian, the would-be assassin looked like his daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    That had to be deliberate, it was hilarious.

I was bugged last issue that it didn't look like the title inherited the meat of the Zaar mystery. Although this one kept her in much of the same place, exploring that bar from MoS with Kara's new role was great. That fight scene has to be my favorite of Supergirl's ever. Visually I feel like this comic was perfect.

It's also kind of funny that for the initial suggestions of Zaar being Czarnian, the would-be assassin looked like his daughter.
    No surprised it was great visually, Shaner’s art has this great timeless feel to it. That scene with Kara and Green!Quill in the cockpit felt like it was written for Maguire, but I felt Shaner did a great job with it.

The latest issue of Supergirl was great. Andreyko's version of Kara is a great fusion of all the previous versions of the character. Shaner's art was incredible it suits Kara and this kind of story and as Vordan said, it has a timeless feel to it.

I think the Han Solo Colaun is working for the villains of the story.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Very fun issue. Loved the colors in this. I loved the page of Kara and Z'NDR sitting awkwardly in the ship together while Krypto was pacing.

Speaking of Krypto. How fun is this team up with Supergirl? I don't know if I'm ever going to be able to think of one without the other after this current run.

One of my favorite imaginary stories:

Supergirl appeared in Injustice vs Master of the universe 5.. Only in this image:

Injustice Masters Universe Kara Supergirl.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-28-2018 at 02:25 AM.

Astonishing Member

hey would you guys be cool DC aged kara up a little? I think kara should be 20 or 21 years old, it will help the overall superfamily with clark being a older husband and father, kara a 20 year old young adult, connor midteens and jon big a kid.
    The Supergirl of my era was an adult -- had graduated college and was employed as a camerawoman by a local TV news station. I'm not a big fan of teenaged heroes -- so I'd be fine if she was at least 21, but I wouldn't count on that happening.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Leopard View Post
    Very fun issue. Loved the colors in this. I loved the page of Kara and Z'NDR sitting awkwardly in the ship together while Krypto was pacing.

Speaking of Krypto. How fun is this team up with Supergirl? I don't know if I'm ever going to be able to think of one without the other after this current run.
    I think Krypto has been the highlight of this arc.