Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Her Red Lantern costume with it's red (well, duh) and black fitted very well with her frustration and anger at the moment she got the ring. It gives a nice visual cue to her inner workings and the tone of her adventures of that moment and when she overcame her darker impulses, she switched to happier colours. A rather hefty amount of symbolism that cannot be easily ignored. Life is filled with ups and downs and comics as a very visual medium has the opportunity to show it through more than just words.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

So, did she finally ditch the blood barf ring or does she still have it?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    So, did she finally ditch the blood barf ring or does she still have it?
    Yes, the thrice-damned ring is finally gone. Destroyed, actually.

*Pauses to dance on the ring's grave.*

Kara's returned to Earth, where she's actually going to *gasp* make some friends and start learning how to move on in her life! If you're interested in seeing her make some superhero friends, I recommend checking out Justice League United, where Kara will be on the same team as Stargirl and this new girl, Equinox.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post

Kara's returned to Earth, where she's actually going to *gasp* make some friends and start learning how to move on in her life! If you're interested in seeing her make some superhero friends, I recommend checking out Justice League United, where Kara will be on the same team as Stargirl and this new girl, Equinox.
    Stargirl and Supergirl might make for a fun duo. I still wish she hooked up with Babs though
    Last edited by ceroxide; 08-29-2014 at 05:32 AM.

Fantastic Member

Is Justice League United any good?

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post
    Stargirl and Supergirl might make for a fun duo. I still wish she hooked up with Babs though
    Yeah, I would've liked to see her team up with Babs as well. Especially now that Babs is going to be fun again. I'm also holding out hope for the eventual rekindling of the Kara/Stephanie Brown friendship, as well. I loved seeing those two having fun together pre-Flashpoint so much it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinius View Post
    Is Justice League United any good?
    I think it's excellent.

It's gotten off to a bit of a slow start, but the dialogue is great. Jeff Lemire is on of the best writers in comics right now. The stories are also just FUN. It's just a fun book. We need about twenty books like JLU in Marvel and DC each.

Best of all for Supergirl fans, Lemire has stated it clearly that he wants to have Kara come to see the JLU as her new home. She'll be surrounded by all kinds of great heroes who can do far more to help her become a more positive person than the Red Lanterns ever could. Plus, the JLU features two other heroines in her age range, so yay, friends!

I highly recommend giving it a look.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

a bit off topic but am I the only one that wishes Ale Garza was drawing new52 Supergirl... that belt looked really cool

Spectacular Member Carmen_Rider's Avatar

That's great art. Now Supes is dizzy from looking at her underwear. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen_Rider View Post
    That's great art. Now Supes is dizzy from looking at her underwear. LOL
    I don't think that's why he's dizzy, given how pissed SG looks I bet Sups is thinking "so this is how Gotham goons feel after Batman beats them to a pulp"

this is one of those pics that while she looks somewhat sexy the overall look and posture makes her look rather imposing and badass. I wish more artist took this route when drawing SJW acceptable drawings instead of taking the "boobs are EVIL" route

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post
    I don't think that's why he's dizzy, given how pissed SG looks I bet Sups is thinking "so this is how Gotham goons feel after Batman beats them to a pulp"
    Actually, that art is a piece of cover art from Supergirl's previous book in the pre-Flashpoint universe. It was supposed to be speaking of Kara's (mistaken) belief at the time that she had been sent to Earth to kill Kal-El. Her memories were all scrambled after she woke up, and she had a false memory that had her believing that her father sent her after Kal-El to kill him.

This piece is also one of my go-to examples of why you should never put too much stock in cover art. Whenever I see someone getting really upset about what a piece of cover art for an upcoming issue implies, I reference this pic. This cover makes you think that the issue is going to be a BIG fight to the death between Kara and Superman. I believe the solicit implied this as well.

Then you get the issue, open it, and read it? Guess what? Superman is only in the last two pages of the issue and the only physicality between him and Kara is her HUGGING him!

Never. Trust. Cover art.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

That's good news, I dropped Supergirl completely when it was revealed that she was getting the Blood Barf Ring. Maybe I will start picking up her series again. Any suggestions on what issue I should look for in regards to after she ditched it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    That's good news, I dropped Supergirl completely when it was revealed that she was getting the Blood Barf Ring. Maybe I will start picking up her series again. Any suggestions on what issue I should look for in regards to after she ditched it?
    Issue #34 is the first arc after she destroyed the ring. It kinda sorta ties into the Superman: Doomed event, but not in any significant way. If you want to avoid even a minor connection with Doomed, then the next issue should be completely free of it.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Alright, I'll look into Issue #35 than as I don't really want to get into an event since to me the Blood Barf Saga was a very long and drawn out event...

Incredible Member

Super girl made a mention of Power Girl massive chest size in one issue when they were flying along. I remember reading it... don't remember what issue though. All I remember it was before her solo book started. SG said something like "you can fly with better coordination because of your unusually large ballast" PG replied with some smirk. Don't really remember what PG said. SG ended the page saying "just give me a few more years, then you'll see" I know this was before new 52. Sometimes in the time frame in all likelihood of 2003-2006.

Anyone can help me with this. Not being able to find it or remember it fully is driving me nuts

Fantastic Member

Yeah, I would've liked to see her team up with Babs as well. Especially now that Babs is going to be fun again. I'm also holding out hope for the eventual rekindling of the Kara/Stephanie Brown friendship, as well. I loved seeing those two having fun together pre-Flashpoint so much it hurts.

I think it's excellent.

It's gotten off to a bit of a slow start, but the dialogue is great. Jeff Lemire is on of the best writers in comics right now. The stories are also just FUN. It's just a fun book. We need about twenty books like JLU in Marvel and DC each.

Best of all for Supergirl fans, Lemire has stated it clearly that he wants to have Kara come to see the JLU as her new home. She'll be surrounded by all kinds of great heroes who can do far more to help her become a more positive person than the Red Lanterns ever could. Plus, the JLU features two other heroines in her age range, so yay, friends!

I highly recommend giving it a look.
    Will do, thanks

When I first heard of Supergirl wielding a Red Power Ring I thought the idea stupid to say the least, however her presence really made the Red Lanterns more interesting as they now had someone with much more innocence with them and a reason to reconsider their brutal course of action, also to see such a archetypical heroine in this situation so far out her comfort zone, was in fact quite interesting. And I really liked the talk between Bleez and Kara, that part was the best scene in the entire Red Lantern ongoing up until the moment of this post and a piece of genuine quality writing (at least in my humble opinion). I really would like to see them interacting more even if Kara doesn't have a red ring anymore and actively tries to talk Bleez and the other into abandoning rage.