Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

nebezial

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

nebezial
    LOL!

Also? That is THE BEST Supergirl costume, EVER! I wish she'd wear that as her standard costume. Never did understand why in the previous continuity her skirt was blue. Red is makes her much more vivid and eye-catching.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    LOL!

Also? That is THE BEST Supergirl costume, EVER! I wish she'd wear that as her standard costume. Never did understand why in the previous continuity her skirt was blue. Red is makes her much more vivid and eye-catching.
    This could be a pretty nice blueprint to build a movie costume around. I'm honestly not sure if they should skirt or not-to-skirt...

Quote Originally Posted by Fused View Post
    This could be a pretty nice blueprint to build a movie costume around. I'm honestly not sure if they should skirt or not-to-skirt...
    I would favor the skirt, obviously. It just gives her a distinct look that really sets her apart from Clark. It also just gives her that touch of femininity that really speaks of her being Supergirl.

I'll understand if they decide to NOT go with a skirt, of course. There are people who may not like it. But if DC wants MY vote, I'd say "skirt."

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member

The only real problem with doing a skirt in the movies is how they set up Superman's costume in MOS. It's a Kryptonian costume made up of alien material and it looks vaguely like armor. Given how most of the Kryptonian wardrobe was portrayed, they'd have to have a good explanation for why Kara's is essentially just cloth with a skirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The only real problem with doing a skirt in the movies is how they set up Superman's costume in MOS. It's a Kryptonian costume made up of alien material and it looks vaguely like armor. Given how most of the Kryptonian wardrobe was portrayed, they'd have to have a good explanation for why Kara's is essentially just cloth with a skirt.
    Yep.

That is another concern. Lara and those High Council people appeared to be wearing mostly cloth garments, so it's possible to say that they do exist. Thus it would be easy to say that a teenaged girl would not be expected to wear armor and may have worn something more cloth-like.

Another option would be to go with the idea that Kara has to construct her costume from Earth materials, of course. Could be like in the last reboot, when she emerges from stasis completely naked, or something, and she needs to put SOMETHING together. That obviously has some problems too. Not least of which being the matter that Earth materials should be ripped to shreds by Kara's superspeed.

But yeah, you're right. The skirt just may not fit the established aesthetic of the movies. Which is why I won't exactly be MAD if they don't do a skirt. I just want to see Kara in these movies. I'll take her how I can get her.
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 05-08-2014 at 11:36 AM.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yep.

That is another concern. Lara and those High Council people appeared to be wearing mostly cloth garments, so it's possible to say that they do exist. That a teenaged girl was not expected to be wearing armor.

Another option would be to go with the idea that Kara has to construct her costume from Earth materials, of course. Could be like in the last reboot, when she emerges from stasis completely naked, or something, and she needs to put SOMETHING together. That obviously has some problems too. Not least of which being the matter that Earth materials should be ripped to shreds by Kara's superspeed.

But yeah, you're right. The skirt just may not fit the established aesthetic of the movies. Which is why I won't exactly be MAD if they don't do a skirt. I just want to see Kara in these movies. I'll take her how I can get her.
    well these look good

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
    well these look good

Yep.

I'd take any one of those, honestly.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
    well these look good

This one is full of win.

Ultimate Member

In the MOS prequel comic, Kara was already a member of one of Krypton's guilds (the Explorers Guild) and was on an exploratory mission. In fact, she was the captain of her own ship, so it's not like she was just some girl. So unless they want to completely ignore that in the actual films (which is unlikely considering that David S. Goyer wrote the comic), they'd have to take that into account as well.
    Last edited by Punisher007; 05-08-2014 at 01:03 PM.

In the MOS prequel comic, Kara was already a member of one of Krypton's guilds (the Explorers Guild) and was on an exploratory mission. In fact, she was the captain of her own ship, so it's not like she was just some girl. So unless they want to completely ignore that in the actual films (which is unlikely considering that David S. Goyer wrote the comic), they'd have to take that into account as well.
    Eh. A comic that basically a handful of people read, LONG before a single word had been written for the script of this movie may not end up being that important.

If DC decides they'd rather stay a little more true to Kara's origin and let her actually BE a girl? Then they can disregard that book easily. Not too many people will have read it, and even fewer would really care.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Last edited by Xhatch; 05-09-2014 at 10:29 AM.

Spectacular Member

heartburn! it can affect anyone