Super Moderator

Default Cap, Spidey and Inhumans Attempt to Prevent "Cosmic Collateral Damage"

"Jimmy Kimmel Live" writer Jeff Loveness talks about bringing disparate heroes together to confront the threat of one of Marvel's oldest characters.

Full article here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Loveness
    Medusa is at the forefront of my story. She's struggling to come into her place as the new ruler of the Inhumans in the absence of Black Bolt. I'm also playing around with the newer characters they're using: Naja, Iso, Flint and Inferno. I really enjoy writing the Marvel Universe from the perspective of teenagers who have no idea what's going on. [Laughs] I believe they've been superheroes for about 6 minutes -- they wouldn't even call themselves superheroes. There will be some small appearances from Triton and Gorgon too.

I miss Karnak though! He was my favorite. I'm kind of sad he's gone. Lockjaw too! He doesn't pop up in this one -- too busy hanging out with Ms. Marvel -- but he's in great hands over there.
    Crystal fans are going to be pissed that she doesn't even get a mention. I've never been hardcore attached to her, but I can see why her fans are starting to feel like she's fallen into a time warp or something.

Astonishing Member

That art is definitely looking a bit rough.

Red Raven is "kind of a pulp hero"? I guess like all golden-age comic book superheroes, he was printed on cheap paper like the pulps. Otherwise, not really sure what kind of definition of "pulp" he is using. Most people tend to use it for non-powered characters who tended to wear suits and maybe a cape and some kind of mask and who fought Nazis (which was not generally true of the actual hero pulps), none of which applies to the Red Raven. And, we've seen the Red Raven since his original appearance, we know a bit of what he has been up to, what motivated him to retire from super heroics, etc. What about how he feels concerning the death of his daughter?

Interestingly, Street and Smith did publish a "Red Raven Library" dime novel series in 1905. Dime novels were the precursors of the pulps. The Red Raven here is the name of a ship whose crew hunted famous pirates. Is this where Joe Simon got the name (maybe his dad had a couple of these laying around)? Or was it a fairly common term largely forgotten about today? http://www.bc.edu/libraries/about/ex...imeNovels.html

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    That was a lot of fun to craft because we're using a character that is older than the original Captain America himself, and there's not a lot of continuity for this guy. The continuity that does exist kind of conflicts with itself, so in a way, I could write a fresh take without having to worry too much about decades of backstory.
    How exactly did Red Raven's continuity "kind of conflict" with itself?

Wonder if they're making the original Red Raven

separate from the guy who was in the Liberty Legion and also later fought Angel of the X-Men and Namor in the "present day"?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Wonder if they're making the original Red Raven

separate from the guy who was in the Liberty Legion and also later fought Angel of the X-Men and Namor in the "present day"?

Marvel has treated 1940s Red Raven and modern Red Raven as a single character for decades.

The Wild West Red Raven, however, has always been treated as a separate character.
    Last edited by Kpop; 03-03-2015 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpop View Post
    Marvel has treated 1940s Red Raven and modern Red Raven as a single character for decades.
    But that doesn't mean somebody won't try and separate out the two at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpop View Post
    The Wild West Red Raven, however, has always been treated as a separate character.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

So... What about the X-Men? Will they not be doing anything during this event to stop collateral damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    So... What about the X-Men? Will they not be doing anything during this event to stop collateral damage?
    They're too busy caving each others' heads in to notice.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!