Super Moderator

Default Yost's "MODOK: Assassin" May Be Designed for Killing <i>and</i> Kissing

Chris Yost discusses how his series fits into the "Secret Wars" picture, and why romance may threaten to derail everything the villain believes.

Full article here.

M.O.D.O.K is great.
    Yost is great, i haven't read a lot of his X-Books stuff, but i loved his Scarlet Spider series.
    This will be great.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

If Yost was a fan of the Marvel Super Hero Fan cartoon then MODOK's secret sweehart just has to be Carol Danvers

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I was thinking given Secret Avengers it might be Maria Hill, but then they're suggesting that all the heroes are dead so I would assume it to be a female villain. Given the possible assassin types that could suggest Silver Sable or Mystique or others. Interesting that they're confirming that the border domains are getting involved too - I figure it'll be the Sentinels of DOFP and some 2099 characters of the three mentioned.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

MODOK is clearly designed for pooping noted by the fact that he's always squatting. It's funny though how I read arguments from all sides about how character popularity is a game of chance more or less yet here we have everyone's favorite MODOK. I probably won't pick this up. I like Yost's writing a lot but I'm condensing during SW to titles that are direct to the main myself. If they had gotten Jhonen Vasquez back though I would have pulled it without blinking.
    I make love, you make me sick.

I'm....probably going to give this a go.

I've been loving MODOK so much in Secret Avengers that I could definitely do another dose of him.

Ultimate Member

It's not going to be Maria Hill is it, because that would be hilarious.

This feels like exactly the right book for Yost. He's usually either a bit too immature for a dark and serious book, or too prone to uberviolence for a light and funny one. Here, he can be as bloodthirsty as he likes, and there's no expectation for any of us to take it seriously because it's ****ing MODOK. Buying it.

Also, my pick for MODOK's love interest is Jean Grey. The real one. It would be beyond hilarious if this is what finally got her resurrected.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Mystique should I think be able to use her talents to run wild in the Secret Wars Battleworld. She could probably manipulate half the planet to go to war with each other.

BANNED

I want MODOK to become a hero actually. He's so adorable.

Incredible Member

Not Elektra, so... Gamora?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    Not Elektra, so... Gamora?
    Or Marvel could go really weird and have some younger alternate version of Peggy Carter.