Default Baron Helmut Zemo's activities

Hey everyone. I was wondering if anybody in the know could kindly fill me in on the Baron's activities following the mini series 'Born Better.' I know he's shown up several times since then, and I was a huge fan of the character during the Thunderbolts days. I'm now reading Avengers Undercover and am happy to be re-united with my favorite reformed Nazi. How did he get to Begalia from Born Better?

I haven't been following all of his appearances to really answer your question, but if you're just looking for other appearances he's had recently to better understand where he stands, you could check out the listings here (after Born Better, obviously).

http://comicbookdb.com/character_chr...1805#year_2014

Quote Originally Posted by Petotto Parkavius View Post
    Hey everyone. I was wondering if anybody in the know could kindly fill me in on the Baron's activities following the mini series 'Born Better.' I know he's shown up several times since then, and I was a huge fan of the character during the Thunderbolts days. I'm now reading Avengers Undercover and am happy to be re-united with my favorite reformed Nazi. How did he get to Begalia from Born Better?
    To my knowledge there have only been two significant appearances of the good Baron since Zemo: Born Better. He put Winter Soldier through the ringer in Captain America No Escape, to force Bucky to prove he was worthy of the Cap mantle. The second was Hawkeye: Blindspot; where he tormented Hawkeye for what happened to Karla at the end of Avengers/Thunderbolts: Best Intentions.

Two "minor" appearances would be another Captain America arc where he was working with A.I.M. or Madam Hydra, I forget. The second was he helped Sin at the prelude to Fear, Itself; BUT made it clear he owned her a debt, and didn't want any part of her craziness. All the writers, so far, have not undone the incredible work Fabian performed. Zemo remains an anti-hero.

Thank you both! I was basically trying to determine if he'd been reverted to an out-and-out villain, and I'm very happy to hear that's not the case. His speech at the end of Avengers Undercover 4 sure sounded like the Zemo I remember. It seems that Hopeless will be doing the character justice.

He's currently featured in Avengers Undercovered, although we havnt dived into him yet

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

After Born Better, he returned to antagonize Bucky, after that he teamed up with Queen Hydra.

What was he doing with Madam Hydra? Also, why was he allied with Sin, of all people? She's one of the most evil people in the Marvel Universe.

BANNED

What was he doing with Madam Hydra? Also, why was he allied with Sin, of all people? She's one of the most evil people in the Marvel Universe.
    Zemo doesn't believe in such labels ("good" and "evil"). but they weren't technically allies. i'm pretty sure that one of them got hosed in the deal.

ahh, found it. Zemo was repaying a debt of some sort.
    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-s...Skull+Zemo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
    Zemo doesn't believe in such labels ("good" and "evil"). but they weren't technically allies. i'm pretty sure that one of them got hosed in the deal.

ahh, found it. Zemo was repaying a debt of some sort.
    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-s...Skull+Zemo.jpg
    Thank you much, kind sir. Oh, I know Zemo is beyond all that good and evil stuff, I was just curious what possible use he had for Sin. I shall do some research. Really excited to see how this story plays out in Avengers Undercover.

BANNED

in my opinion, Helmut's problem (and i'm looking at it from his standpoint) is that he has piqued. he has accomplished everything he set out to do and shook his personal hang-ups. and it got him absolutely nowhere. no one gives him credit for saving the universe. his dear old dad isn't around to appreciate Helmut eclipsing him. and guys like Osborn are ripping off his ideas without so much as a courtesy shout-out. so Helmut has just started to screw with people. i don't know that he has a gameplan or motive anymore. he goes through the trouble of resurrecting Barney Barton and forcing Trickshot to train him. for what? was it to inspire Clint Barton (the logical conclusion)? he gets Bucky arrested and tarnished in the press. why? to force Steve Rogers to suit back up as Cap? and now he's after the failed youth of the Avengers Academy. but to what end? to force the adult Avengers to deal with them? is this all one big cry for help?

I don't want to derail this thread too much, but what are the best/must read stories for Zemo. I've always liked the character but am struggling to think of stories that I have read of him outside of some Thunderbolts, Under Siege, and Captain America: No Escape. Born Better sounds like it is well regarded story.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
    in my opinion, Helmut's problem (and i'm looking at it from his standpoint) is that he has piqued. he has accomplished everything he set out to do and shook his personal hang-ups. and it got him absolutely nowhere. no one gives him credit for saving the universe. his dear old dad isn't around to appreciate Helmut eclipsing him. and guys like Osborn are ripping off his ideas without so much as a courtesy shout-out. so Helmut has just started to screw with people. i don't know that he has a gameplan or motive anymore. he goes through the trouble of resurrecting Barney Barton and forcing Trickshot to train him. for what? was it to inspire Clint Barton (the logical conclusion)? he gets Bucky arrested and tarnished in the press. why? to force Steve Rogers to suit back up as Cap? and now he's after the failed youth of the Avengers Academy. but to what end? to force the adult Avengers to deal with them? is this all one big cry for help?
    I think Zemo's motivation may now actually just to be a douchebag. Conquer the world? Eh. Make you feel bad about yourself? Score!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cap10nate View Post
    I don't want to derail this thread too much, but what are the best/must read stories for Zemo. I've always liked the character but am struggling to think of stories that I have read of him outside of some Thunderbolts, Under Siege, and Captain America: No Escape. Born Better sounds like it is well regarded story.
    That's most of it. Maybe throw in Bloodstone Hunt, although it's not the best showing for him.