Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default RUMOR: Drew Goddard Reportedly Sony's New Spider-Man Writer/Director

According to the latest Sony/Spider-Man rumor, frequent Joss Whedon collaborator Drew Goddard is moving from "Sinister Six" to Spidey himself.

Full article here.

Fantastic Member

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    TeekVids <-- Check out the news every Sunday

All-New Member

if this rumor related to iron man is true, then i think this is what the huge reveal RDJ have been talking about

BANNED

I will be so happy if the movie is called Spectacular Spider-Man. I've been hoping it was

Spectacular Member

Best of both worlds for Marvel and Sony really. Sony's long term plans don't change too much beyond replacing actors (and Marvel helping them to not kill it with bad rewrites), and they get to capitalize on directors and producors who have already collaborate well in the past. And they get Robert Downey Jr to boost sales.

Great for Marvel since they get Spider-man, the producor/director collaboration as stated above, and RDJ will be kept busy not trying to get himself in every other movie and someone else paying him his huge salary.
    Last edited by LordRyus; 03-02-2015 at 02:42 PM.
    Current Pull List (updated for ANAD): Star Wars □ Darth Vader □ Lando □ Chewbacca □ Kanan □ uh... alot of ANAD but I still have decided what yet, lol

BANNED

To the writer of the article:
    Of course Sony will deny its true. They denied that talks with Marvel were happening to share Spider-Man in the first place even though we had literal emails from the company proving that wasn't true.

BANNED

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Ultimate Member

Although it probably won't help to silence the "Iron Man is overexposed" complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Although it probably won't help to silence the "Iron Man is overexposed" complaints.
    Why are they saying that? He hasn't appeared outside the Iron Man and Avengers movies, so how's he over exposed? He literally has one more movie than Thor or Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Why are they saying that? He hasn't appeared outside the Iron Man and Avengers movies, so how's he over exposed? He literally has one more movie than Thor or Captain America.
    He showed up in Incredible Hulk and is slated to be in Cap 3.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    He showed up in Incredible Hulk and is slated to be in Cap 3.
    The after credits cameo doesn't really count. That's like saying First Class counts as a Wolverine movie.

BANNED

The after credits cameo doesn't really count. That's like saying First Class counts as a Wolverine movie.
    Are you saying it doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    Are you saying it doesn't?
    It really doesn't. Okay, that cameo bites him later on in Days of Future Past, but still.

Ultimate Member

The argument is that he gets a preponderance of focus even in the team films. That he got the big arc in The Avengers, and "saved the day" by taking out the Chitauri. Also he got the best lines/moments. And now he's a main focus in AOU because he creates Ultron. And then he's playing a major role in Cap 3.

I didn't say that I AGREED with the complaints. Well he did get more focus in Avengers than Thor (which is weird since it's his brother who was the main villain), Hawkeye, or Hulk. I'll give them that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The argument is that he gets a preponderance of focus even in the team films. That he got the big arc in The Avengers, and "saved the day" by taking out the Chitauri. Also he got the best lines/moments. And now he's a main focus in AOU because he creates Ultron. And then he's playing a major role in Cap 3.
    He got the best lines, but then he's the witty/talky one. The other characters definitely had some great scenes though (Hulk tore stuff up!). I'd certainly disagree, seemed pretty even-ish, with Iron Man coming out just a smidge ahead and Thor just a mite behind the rest.