Page 128 of 181 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2702

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I'm not saying a rumor can't turn out to be true, but if six out of ten rumors are true, you still have four lies.

If you believe what random people say with nothing that backs them up except people who want it to be true and will find anything to justify a rumor, then I feel sorry for you.
    These reports are not from “random people”. They’re from well connected individuals who have insider sources, and have proven time and time again that their sources provide trustworthy information. The idea that any news that comes from an anonymous source is to be distrusted is not a good one.

There’s sufficient real, observable evidence out there that if you don’t believe it already, I don’t think you’re willing to believe it. So I should consider this debate at an end.

It seems to me that you’ve positioned these rumors as being an attack on the Inhumans and the quality of their stories; this, as an Inhumans fan, you feel dutybound to disbelieve and refute them. But, for the last time, I just want to emphasize that this is not the case.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    These reports are not from “random people”. They’re from well connected individuals who have insider sources, and have proven time and time again that their sources provide trustworthy information. The idea that any news that comes from an anonymous source is to be distrusted is not a good one.

There’s sufficient real, observable evidence out there that if you don’t believe it already, I don’t think you’re willing to believe it. So I should consider this debate at an end.

It seems to me that you’ve positioned these rumors as being an attack on the Inhumans and the quality of their stories; this, as an Inhumans fan, you feel dutybound to disbelieve and refute them. But, for the last time, I just want to emphasize that this is not the case.
    I don't think you understand what rumors are. It's litterally gossip. Once someone confirms them, like Hickman, it's just hearsay. You're basically taking someone's word for it because you want to believe it for biaised reasons and use selected speculation to back it up.

The idea that any news that comes from an anonymous source is automatically to be trusted is not a good one.

I actually forgot the original argument. The fact that people use rumors as facts to perpetuate online disputes nowadays is beyond me.

The X-Men(and F4) were banned from appearing in games from 2015 to 2017. Basically, Marvel wouldn't sell new games their license. They also didn't show up in any cartoons or overall promotional material. Even Wanda ended up shelved in the same way despite being on the MCU, because of Fox sharing her movie rights. This is not a "rumor", I was there(here?) while it was happening.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The X-Men(and F4) were banned from appearing in games from 2015 to 2017. Basically, Marvel wouldn't sell new games their license. They also didn't show up in any cartoons or overall promotional material. Even Wanda ended up shelved in the same way despite being on the MCU, because of Fox sharing her movie rights. This is not a "rumor", I was there(here?) while it was happening.
    And in none of them was because of the inhumans, but rather the Avengers, Defenders and GoTG (all of which had their own games, tv shows, toy lines, etc.) but everyone still blames the inhumans, hence them being scapegoats.

While I enjoy seeing Doctor Doom square off with the Fantastic Four as a whole I’d really like to see more delving into his personal problems with Mr. Fantastic and Mephisto.

Sandman should never have gone back to being a villain.

I'm more interested in a Sonyverse that mixes Spidey with the c/d-listers like Solo, Rocket Racer than just relying on Spider-people.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Agreed. I liked the idea that he was attempting to turn it around, and even would have liked if, like Atlas/Erik Josten, he had a few backwards stumbles and didn't exactly stick the landing of his face turn. Instead it seemed to come out of nowhere that he had returned to villainy.

"Dear Avengers. Thanks for sticking your necks out and taking a chance on me. But I wasn't appearing in any books and I got bored, plus Otto is really convincing and I'm totally suggestible..."

BANNED

Hydra was right.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Blame The Wizard.

It would be far more interesting to see Ghost Spider as an adversary of Spider-Man’s than an ally.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Brand New Day/One More Day revitalized Spider-Man for the better. They took what worked with Ultimate Spider-Man and brought into the 616 de-aged Peter and reintroduced a lot of his classic villains.

The consequence ever since removing the marriage of Peter & MJ is a "won't they/will they" dynamic which is way better for story telling. I keep thinking of the show Adventures of Lois & Clark, the chemistry was electric, but the moment they got together it was lost and the show became boring.

When Spencer plays up the will Peter propose to MJ he is doing the classic rom/com trope; which is great.

Also, I really love Bendis and everything he's done with New Avengers he is the godfather of revitalizing old tired franchises.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Brand New Day/One More Day revitalized Spider-Man for the better. They took what worked with Ultimate Spider-Man and brought into the 616 de-aged Peter and reintroduced a lot of his classic villains.

The consequence ever since removing the marriage of Peter & MJ is a "won't they/will they" dynamic which is way better for story telling. I keep thinking of the show Adventures of Lois & Clark, the chemistry was electric, but the moment they got together it was lost and the show became boring.

When Spencer plays up the will Peter propose to MJ he is doing the classic rom/com trope; which is great.

Also, I really love Bendis and everything he's done with New Avengers he is the godfather of revitalizing old tired franchises.
    I agree for the most part. Even if I think the stories themselves weren't so great, they swept the board clean and allowed for some awesome stories to be told.

Carol Danvers was not wrong to arrest Julia Carpenter in Civil War. Not only did Julia attack first but she'd also put several people in the hospital while trying to escape, the type of behavior that got people mad at superheroes in the first place.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Monica Rambeau was more interesting as Captain Marvel than Carol Danvers.