Page 135 of 181 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2702
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    The Inhumans deserve a new book by now.
    Agreed I miss them I would love to see the Inhuman Royal family again.

Controversial oppinion: I thought Stevil was a fascinating villain and could really become a great Captain America enemy. I see him as a kind of injustice Superman type of character.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-02-2021 at 09:08 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

X-gene mutants aren't the only mutants. I'm going by the definition of mutant as "born with their (latent) powers", whether it comes from an x-gene or not. Which is not the only source of powers that can be inherited.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed I miss them I would love to see the Inhuman Royal family again.

Controversial oppinion: I thought Stevil was a fascinating villain and could really become a great Captain America enemy. I see him as a kind of injustice Superman type of character.
    On twitter there were some comments on liking seeing Medusa again, although I am not sure if people still basically gun down anything Inhuman like still, hence why I am putting the comment here.

Also I also thought Stevil wasn't that bad, seeing how if Steve wanted to how he could bring much down with the his charisma, thinking, and prestige.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Controversial opinion: I thought Stevil was a fascinating villain and could really become a great Captain America enemy. I see him as a kind of injustice Superman type of character.
    It could have been an interesting look at how a dangerous cult of personality can form around someone who *seems* to be a good guy, or is riding on the good reputation of someone else and trading on that reputation to spur all sorts of badness. I vaguely recall during the first Civil War it came up that 'everyone is just automatically siding with Cap, because it's Cap, but what if Cap was wrong?' but it never really got explored that his very popularity could be dangerous in and of itself.

But, IMO, it was not handled well, and perhaps not a good time for a populist demagogue villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Geez, I'm an idiot. I haven't visited here since that post
    Eh, sometimes talking to yourself feels like the only way to have an intelligent conversation.

(I often feel that way at work...)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 05-03-2021 at 03:52 AM.

Ultimate Member

On twitter there were some comments on liking seeing Medusa again, although I am not sure if people still basically gun down anything Inhuman like still, hence why I am putting the comment here.

Also I also thought Stevil wasn't that bad, seeing how if Steve wanted to how he could bring much down with the his charisma, thinking, and prestige.
    Why do people still hate inhumans?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It could have been an interesting look at how a dangerous cult of personality can form around someone who *seems* to be a good guy, or is riding on the good reputation of someone else and trading on that reputation to spur all sorts of badness. I vaguely recall during the first Civil War it came up that 'everyone is just automatically siding with Cap, because it's Cap, but what if Cap was wrong?' but it never really got explored that his very popularity could be dangerous in and of itself.

But, IMO, it was not handled well, and perhaps not a good time for a populist demagogue villain.

Eh, sometimes talking to yourself feels like the only way to have an intelligent conversation.

(I often feel that way at work...)
    Haha. Considering who was the president at the time, I think populist demagogue villain was a reasonable idea, in theory at least

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I still love the Punisher

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Your not the only one.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member

Why do people still hate inhumans?
    Well some still use the "wannabe mutant" line.

Yes please
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Ultimate Member

Well some still use the "wannabe mutant" line.
    I get why X-fans didn't like the whole "replace mutants with nuhumans" stuff. I didn't think it was good either. But, the inhumans as a whole can still be useful. They're not my favorites, but not really deserving of continued hatred. And honestly, why bash characters for decisions made by editorial mandates?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Same here.

Extraordinary Member

I get why X-fans didn't like the whole "replace mutants with nuhumans" stuff. I didn't think it was good either. But, the inhumans as a whole can still be useful. They're not my favorites, but not really deserving of continued hatred. And honestly, why bash characters for decisions made by editorial mandates?
    I was never against he Inhumans...but the push was annoying. I get taking some existing characters and making them Inhumans like Blizzard...but others like Quake (caused by her fathers corrupted DNA) and Toro (clearly addressed as a mutant multiple times) who had already been defined as something else was just stupid to me

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I was never against he Inhumans...but the push was annoying. I get taking some existing characters and making them Inhumans like Blizzard...but others like Quake (caused by her fathers corrupted DNA) and Toro (clearly addressed as a mutant multiple times) who had already been defined as something else was just stupid to me
    Ok. Retcons can be annoying

I guess that in itself is a Controversial Opinion, but while I've always enjoyed very much The Inhumans as guest-stars in others stories (FF, Avengers, etc... ), for some reason, I've never warmed up to them in their own stories. For me, I think the veil of mystery works better for them. But, of course, it's perfectly natural that others don't feel that way.

Peace

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Though Quake didn't change to much, she never went through terrigenesis, her father's dna being messed with activated it. But ya the Toro thing I do see and agree with.