Page 125 of 181 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2702
    Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Thats not controversial thats just wrong
    Savage ______
    Baby Thanos

Thats not controversial thats just wrong
    Well, to be clear, in a universe where a masked vigilante and a rampaging monster weren't treated as heroes because the universe contorts itself in knots to make them seem less dangerous than they realistically should be while villifying those that dislike them.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Well, to be clear, in a universe where a masked vigilante and a rampaging monster weren't treated as heroes because the universe contorts itself in knots to make them seem less dangerous than they realistically should be while villifying those that dislike them.
    Except Spiderman is demonstratibly a hero and Jonah literally wastes millions of dollars on a personal grude and corrupts his own journalistic ideals for the sake of a petty grudge. Also he created Scorpion who is easily worse then Spiderman.

Ross on the otherhand wastes BILLIONS of dollars and hundreds of lives on fruitless Hulk searches and attacks that never work, ignoring that (savage) Hulk has hurt barely anyone and that by antagonising him you make him worse. Also he attempted to coup the American Government.

Except Spiderman is demonstratibly a hero and Jonah literally wastes millions of dollars on a personal grude and corrupts his own journalistic ideals for the sake of a petty grudge. Also he created Scorpion who is easily worse then Spiderman.

Ross on the otherhand wastes BILLIONS of dollars and hundreds of lives on fruitless Hulk searches and attacks that never work, ignoring that (savage) Hulk has hurt barely anyone and that by antagonising him you make him worse. Also he attempted to coup the American Government.
    That's what I meant by "the universe contorts itself in knots to make them seem less dangerous than they realistically should be while villifying those that dislike them."

Spider-Man is a vigilante who wears a mask (in a world where most superheroes have public identities) and the idea the Hulk has barely hurt anyone is nuts when one look at what a typical Hulk attack results in. The idea that the Hulk is sympathetic despite the fact that making him angry causes him to start breaking things and, yes, hurting people is nonsensical. Especially when in many cases the "antagonizing" is a response to the Hulk already being aggressive. Even if Savage Hulk isn't dangerous his other personalities clearly are. Joe Fixit was a mob enforcer for crying out loud.

The hulk one I agree with, I think tge never hurting anyone thing is an odd retcon but eh. However Ross still wastes endless lives and money on a fruitless chase. Whats a platoon of dudes and some tabks going to do that other Superheroes can't ? Plus you know, the whole coup thing.

As for Spiderman, mask or no hes still clearly a hero. Jonah is a seller of Fake news and (again) created the Scorpion, a guy who is much worse then Jonah's claims about Spiderman

Astonishing Member

The hulk one I agree with, I think tge never hurting anyone thing is an odd retcon but eh. However Ross still wastes endless lives and money on a fruitless chase. Whats a platoon of dudes and some tabks going to do that other Superheroes can't ? Plus you know, the whole coup thing.

As for Spiderman, mask or no hes still clearly a hero. Jonah is a seller of Fake news and (again) created the Scorpion, a guy who is much worse then Jonah's claims about Spiderman
    Not to mention the Spider Slayers.

It's rather ironic that not only is Hickman basically making the X-Men Inhumans now but all the things X-fans said made the Inhumans unlikable is being positively received now that it is applied to mutants.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-09-2019 at 10:05 PM.

Danny needs his friends more than his friends need Danny.

spider-man should commit more crimes
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

It's rather ironic that not only is Hickman basically making the X-Men Inhumans now but all the things X-fans said made the Inhumans unlikable is being positively received now that it is applied to mutants.
    This right here
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Try to make Inhumans more like mutants and it doesn't work.

Try to make mutants more like Inhumans it works.

Looks like Inhumans are just doomed to fail .

Astonishing Member

I feel that Superior onwards is the nadir of Slott’s run of Spider-Man.

You know that thread about killing off deadwood characters. Remember how we all said that it was a horrible idea that never should be implemented. Well, Spencer was just praised for doing it in his Hunted storyline, and it annoys me to no end.

I love MJ but she has gotten completely overrated lately. OMD only served to martyr her.

I wish Marvel didn’t focus so much on crossovers and team ups. It would give superheroes a better chance to properly flesh out the cast members. Too many team ups feels like filler and a crutch to me.

Steve's "no you move" speech in Civil War is one of the stupidest, most unintentionally horrifying things ever spoken because it has no moral parameters. Steve could have been defending segregation and not a word out of his mouth would change.

I honestly don't see why Matt Murdock still has a secret identity.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I feel that Superior onwards is the nadir of Slott’s run of Spider-Man.

You know that thread about killing off deadwood characters. Remember how we all said that it was a horrible idea that never should be implemented. Well, Spencer was just praised for doing it in his Hunted storyline, and it annoys me to no end.

I love MJ but she has gotten completely overrated lately. OMD only served to martyr her.

I wish Marvel didn’t focus so much on crossovers and team ups. It would give superheroes a better chance to properly flesh out the cast members. Too many team ups feels like filler and a crutch to me.
    I thought Hunted's reception was mixed at best. And killing off deadwood characters wasn't Hunted's specific goal anyway.

Ultimate Member

Steve's "no you move" speech in Civil War is one of the stupidest, most unintentionally horrifying things ever spoken because it has no moral parameters. Steve could have been defending segregation and not a word out of his mouth would change.
    It is funny in the sense that it is *exactly* the opposite of democracy. The majority voted a way I don't agree / approve? Well, I'll just stand against them 'cause I know better!

OTOH, a Captain America who mindlessly embraced the majority opinion of the day, even if it was pro-Registration, or pro-let's-build-more-Sentinels-and-round-up-all-the-mutants-'for-their-own-protection', would be utterly horrifying considering how ignorant and hateful the average person is in the 616 universe.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It is funny in the sense that it is *exactly* the opposite of democracy. The majority voted a way I don't agree / approve? Well, I'll just stand against them 'cause I know better!

OTOH, a Captain America who mindlessly embraced the majority opinion of the day, even if it was pro-Registration, or pro-let's-build-more-Sentinels-and-round-up-all-the-mutants-'for-their-own-protection', would be utterly horrifying considering how ignorant and hateful the average person is in the 616 universe.
    Nothing is ever Black-and-White. That’s why I both agree with the quote and hate it at the same time.