Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 2709
    The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Here they are:
    Heroes Reborn Fantastic Four is the best version of the 4 ever
    Spidergirl (May Parker) is a Mutant
    Deadpool is overrated
    The Proudstar brothers should get a series of their own
    Gwen Stacy is more interesting than Mary Jane
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    Yes to this one, especially!

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Reed Richards makes Lex Luthor look like a saint

Exiles was the best X-book

Mockingbird needs an ongoing series

The Terrifics is what the Fantastic Four should have been

I agree with the two above me:
    Spidergirl is a mutant
    The Proudstar brothers need their own series they could be Marvel's answer to Supernatural & the Hardy Boys (for old schoolers)
    Last edited by Captain Britain of Earth 20; 09-02-2023 at 08:51 AM. Reason: forgot something
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by red winter
    Here they are:
    Black SCIENCE is the best fantastic 4 book ever written (though planetary is notable)

Spidergirl (May Parker) is a Mutant, but the "Born a mutant" thing really needs to go away and die in a fire.

Deadpool fills a space in comics that needed to be filled and no one has come close since. most of his detractors engage in hispterism disliking something popular for the sake of being "anti"

Deaths make most things more popular. Be it Gwen stacy, The winter soilder, or 2pac... the distance make them remebered more fondly.

This is unequivocal genius.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Jeff Parker's Agents of Atlas is the best Marvel comic book of the 00s.

Agents of Atlas - The Complete Collection v01-335.jpg

Amazing Member

I really wish that they still kept the Marvel Max line specially for the Punisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Black SCIENCE is the best fantastic 4 book ever written (though planetary is notable)

Spidergirl (May Parker) is a Mutant, but the "Born a mutant" thing really needs to go away and die in a fire.

Deadpool fills a space in comics that needed to be filled and no one has come close since. most of his detractors engage in hispterism disliking something popular for the sake of being "anti"

Deaths make most things more popular. Be it Gwen stacy, The winter soilder, or 2pac... the distance make them remebered more fondly.

This is unequivocal genius.
    AGREED 100% on the Black Science take
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    "Shipping" is weird and people take it way too seriously - like scarily so.
    One thing I can never respect about shipping is whenever fans want characters together at the cost of another being screwed over, and there are cases where both don't benefit from it.

It's essentially someone brute forcing a shitty relationship and not wondering if it actually works.

Marvel has had no long term plan since Secret Wars.
    You gotta be specific here .

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Jessica Drew and Peter Parker should have nothing to do with each other. Jessica should not be a part of the Spider-Man family whatsoever. She excels so much more as a character when she is not connected to Spider-Man, and all the recent stories of her being part of SpiderVerse and everything else has made her boring in my eyes.
    I'm not sure how controversial this opinion is, at least among Jessica fans I've seen them not really wanting her to get too involved, and Spidey fans generally don't care about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Agreed. Julia Carpenter was also great not having anything to do with Spider-Man and his universe. As "derivative" heroes (heroines), IMHO, they stood out on their own two feet,

Peace
    After I read a bunch of old stories Julia was in, I can definitely say that her being a part of Spidey's world is bad for her.

Spidey is very much like Barry Allen with the way his derivatives get treated, meaning that they get scraps while he's all the focus, and Julia is a great example of this, since she used to be an Avenger, or at least around other heroes, but since Grim Hunt she does little more than be an annoying precog.

I do like the potential of the mix of her powers with Madame Web's precognition though, since it's something no other Spider has, and Julia does need to have more stuff to compete with the other Spiders and not be redundant, but that's only if she gets to be an active hero, which she hasn't been in years, so the Madame Web role has been actively damaging for her, and since she's not really a popular character, the chances of her recovering from this are minimal.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    After I read a bunch of old stories Julia was in, I can definitely say that her being a part of Spidey's world is bad for her.
    I agree that both Jessica and Julia have not benefitted at all from any ties to Spider-Man.

I liked the idea that Julia essentially had *one* power, to create 'psychic webbing' which she could use to swing, to cling to things, to wrap people up, to coat herself in a protective layer, to exert (slightly) superhuman force, etc. That was cool enough, and lent itself to all sorts of creative applications. Adding a bunch of Madame Web stuff, IMO, just muddled her (and got rid of both old lady representation and disabled character representation, that's also a choice).

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I agree that both Jessica and Julia have not benefitted at all from any ties to Spider-Man.
    Jessica has it better at least, she still gets to show up, and be part of, other comics, even join other teams and/or get her own comics, so she's not as actively screwed over and sometimes it can feel like she's not affected that much.

Julia on the other hand... She essentially lost all contacts with any other hero, so she can't join a team like Force Works again, and if that wasn't bad enough, she's little more than a plot device, only showing up to give random warnings and not much else, she doesn't get to develop as a character to the point Rachel went to limbo for 10 years (Wiki says she showed up in webcomic so that ended her limbo trip at least), and considering that so much of Julia's character needed Rachel, this shows just how much she's a non-character around Spidey.

If Julia was more like Jessica where she can take trips to other parts of Marvel's world and keep some old contacts then she'd have it better, but the way Spidey hogs her and some other Spiders is not unlike the suffocating way Krakoa hogs mutants.

I liked the idea that Julia essentially had *one* power, to create 'psychic webbing' which she could use to swing, to cling to things, to wrap people up, to coat herself in a protective layer, to exert (slightly) superhuman force, etc. That was cool enough, and lent itself to all sorts of creative applications.
    I honestly don't like that, feels a bit too gimmicky, though it could give her a niche compared to the stock Spider-Powers, not unlike how Anya used to be (Where her main things were the carapace and an anime power up).

Though she definitely should use her Psi-Webs more, her power is potentially a shitty Green Lantern, which, while obviously far weaker and less flexible, it still allows her to use the webs other Spiders can't (By simply being able to move where it goes) and gives her a weak point they lack (She has to actively concentrate on them for the webs to be used, and her appearance way back in Iron Man#214 showed that if she uses the webs, at least Iron Man and other villains managed to track her).

Adding a bunch of Madame Web stuff, IMO, just muddled her
    Wouldn't say it muddled her since she doesn't even fight for the most part.

Hell, she hasn't touched her Psi-Webs ever since she became Madame Web lol.

The way she works right now is that she's like 90's Spidey cartoon Madame Web, where she's a vague and annoying precog who sometimes pisses off Spidey because she's vague and annoying, and what Slott missed when characterizing her this way is the context, because 90's Spidey cartoon version of Madame Web was like that because she was trying to find the best Spider-Man to defeat Spider-Carnage, essentially she was training him.

Meanwhile, Julia is like that for no reason, and it can't even be said that she has to be like this, because other precogs like Destiny from X-Men aren't like that, and Cassandra herself, unlike her cartoon counterpart, wasn't like that, whenever Spidey asked for her help, she guided him as much as she could.

Though with Mattie she was vague once in a while, but in Spider-Woman#14 vol 3 she explicitly says that she's not giving the answer so Mattie can learn how to use her own brain, which's fair enough since Mattie was a newbie:

(and got rid of both old lady representation and disabled character representation, that's also a choice).
    Huh, didn't even think of that angle.

Honestly Mattie's Spider-Woman comic had the right idea when it comes to how Cassandra could be used, although that comic's version of her felt off, sometimes she was characterized more like a less douchy silver age Xavier, but at least she got a constant supporting role, too bad the comic didn't allow her to stay old, Cassandra looks less interesting that way.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 09-12-2023 at 06:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Jeff Parker's Agents of Atlas is the best Marvel comic book of the 00s.

Agents of Atlas - The Complete Collection v01-335.jpg
    A truly underappreciated gem.

Amazing Member

If they toned down the edge, the Ultimate line would still be around.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    If they toned down the edge, the Ultimate line would still be around.
    Idk. . . the edge was the selling point for lots of people.

EXCEPT...

The went full apocalypse, never go full apocalypse. They let some writer destroy the world and kill most of the most popular characters
    probably thinking that would make ROOM for story telling about less popular characters or pet characters.
    Really what happens when you do that is you end your comic and people stop caring.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

EXCEPT...

The went full apocalypse, never go full apocalypse. They let some writer destroy the world and kill most of the most popular characters
    probably thinking that would make ROOM for story telling about less popular characters or pet characters.
    Really what happens when you do that is you end your comic and people stop caring.
    I think the edge was at best times kind of boiled down to very dated jokes and gags and nothing more. And then devolved into...."super incest siblings are ok cap you old man" also wolverine is around for some reason even if he does add or subtract nothing to the story. Still more impactfull than ultimate black panther(the literal embodiment of pointless cameo)

Ultimate Member

EXCEPT...

Same thing happened with the 2099 setting. They just washed it away with some sort of global flood, pretty much messing up the whole setting. Such a waste. Even if the current books were being canceled, there was no need to burn the place down on the way out the door.