Page 137 of 181 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2702
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

X-men books mostly are self contained, that was how the X-franchise was developed so that would not have been a problem, the issue was marvel didnīt just push the inhumans, they did so in a way that confronted them with mutants and made it seem like it was zero sum game of us vs them. They could have used that kind of push to actually develop more stories for the characters and yes have them develop lasting links with the other marvel universe characters not just confront it them with the X-men. Itīs the difference between a storyline developed because it makes creative sense and one done with commercial reasons behind it and the result is that commercial reasons alone are not enough fuel to tell good stories.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-09-2021 at 09:29 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Incredible Member

i always assumed that the x office made the choice for the terrigen cloud to kill mutants as some sort of meta commentary on the whole replacing mutants with inhumans thing going on at the time rather than being forced to do that particular story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    i always assumed that the x office made the choice for the terrigen cloud to kill mutants as some sort of meta commentary on the whole replacing mutants with inhumans thing going on at the time rather than being forced to do that particular story.
    If this is the case the Inhumans are owed such an apology and do over.

This is not true, terrien story came from big executives

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    This is not true, terrien story came from big executives
    i knew that the terrigen cloud making more inhumans was an executive decision tied to the mcu, but were the mutants getting sick forced on the writers by executives or was it a choice the x office made themselves. I honestly don't know as they tend to use genocidal acts for their stories a little too often.
    Last edited by carmoc1234; 05-11-2021 at 01:41 AM.

i knew that the terrigen cloud making more inhumans was an executive decision tied to the mcu, but were the mutants getting sick forced on the writers by executives or was it a choice the x office made themselves. I honestly don't know as they tend to use genocidal acts for their stories a little too often.
    it was all a editorial mandate. X-office had no say on it.

Incredible Member

wow. i guess i was overestimating the intelligence of the executives. the fact that they thought using the inhumans to actually kill mutants would make them more popular instead of just permanently damaging the brand is astonishing.

Astonishing Member

Is this 100% confirmend, you have a source? Because most books didn't really follow the M-pox as much as the X books. Some did bring it up but it wasn't a driving naritive.

wow. i guess i was overestimating the intelligence of the executives. the fact that they thought using the inhumans to actually kill mutants would make them more popular instead of just permanently damaging the brand is astonishing.
    It was Ike Perlmutter that really pressed Marvel comics about Inhumans. When Feige got rid of ike on movies, he dropped the inhumans movies and it became a tv show when the TV side of Marvel was under Ike administration.

I think the intention was limit X-men while Inhumans soared. On the end it hurt both franchises, because it was a bad idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Is this 100% confirmend, you have a source? Because most books didn't really follow the M-pox as much as the X books. Some did bring it up but it wasn't a driving naritive.
    200%. Everyone know that it came from the top, on this case perlmutter.
    it must be because only mutants were being killed LOL and inhumans got a whole crop of new inhumans from the terrigen.
    This is the first time I heard of X-office inventing this idea, that makes zero sense on what is very common knowledge now
    Last edited by Rang10; 05-11-2021 at 11:14 AM.

Ultimate Member

If everyone figured it was management behind it, management should have been confronted instead attacking fans who had nothing to do with it.

Or should have came out and said "due to movie rights-we have to focus on those who we have full control over. This does not mean X-Men or FF will go away. That is not fair to those fans. Your favorites will still be around-how we normally use them will vary."

Have a few mutants active in non mutant books and spend the time rebuilding the franchise with the idea that movie rights will be solved.

Instead of writers claiming Inhumans can't be used because they ate toxic. Toxic to WHO? Not the franchise with 10-15 books out.

That makes Marvel editorial WORST than DC's editorial who did the same mess to not just Wally West but Cassandra Cain, Stephanie Brown and Green Lantern.

The logic is not there. Especially with Miles Morales around. Miles having a book, video game, movie, teen novels and merchandise hasn't hurt Peter.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If everyone figured it was management behind it, management should have been confronted instead attacking fans who had nothing to do with it.

Or should have came out and said "due to movie rights-we have to focus on those who we have full control over. This does not mean X-Men or FF will go away. That is not fair to those fans. Your favorites will still be around-how we normally use them will vary."

Have a few mutants active in non mutant books and spend the time rebuilding the franchise with the idea that movie rights will be solved.

Instead of writers claiming Inhumans can't be used because they ate toxic. Toxic to WHO? Not the franchise with 10-15 books out.

That makes Marvel editorial WORST than DC's editorial who did the same mess to not just Wally West but Cassandra Cain, Stephanie Brown and Green Lantern.

The logic is not there. Especially with Miles Morales around. Miles having a book, video game, movie, teen novels and merchandise hasn't hurt Peter.
    Lol. But Fantastic Four DID go away. You’re giving the executives too much empathy. Executive Management was like “do this or your fired.”

Most of the time, if not always, the writers are not to blame for anything problematic.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

It was Ike Perlmutter that really pressed Marvel comics about Inhumans. When Feige got rid of ike on movies, he dropped the inhumans movies and it became a tv show when the TV side of Marvel was under Ike administration.

I think the intention was limit X-men while Inhumans soared. On the end it hurt both franchises, because it was a bad idea.

200%. Everyone know that it came from the top, on this case perlmutter.
    it must be because only mutants were being killed LOL and inhumans got a whole crop of new inhumans from the terrigen.
    This is the first time I heard of X-office inventing this idea, that makes zero sense on what is very common knowledge now
    They made more Captain Marvel, Black Panther, and Guardians of the Galaxy too. I don't think the intention was to replace the X-Men because they never canceled them like the Fantastic Four, and the X-Men still had lots of books, tv shows and movies. I think fans were being gaslighted by the changes at Marvel to focus on the Avengers and it was safe for X-Men fans to go after the inhumans because they would've been crushed by Avengers fans. Ike Perlmutter was still the CEO with the X-Men push. Feige took over Perlmutter's department like around a year after the big X-Men push started. The fans used the inhumans as a punching bag for the Avengers' success, because the only thing the inhumans really had was being one element on Agents of Shield. People forget that DoX and IvX were X-Men events, and giving two events to characters doesn't equal a cancelation, or anything close to it.

It's all rumors too, because the X-Men were never canceled and the Maximoff twins because humans, not inhumans. But speculating and making up theories is a part of fandom.

I would have left Green Goblin alive at the end of the Spider-Man movie.

For whatever their faults, the Fantastic Four movies and cartoons have one good thing going for them - they aren't made by people who buy into Doom's hype.