Page 131 of 181 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2702
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    Just started with Strange Academy #1... again with the compulsory introductory fights... it sucks the life out of me.
    Reading New Warriors 2014 #2... again with a stupid introductory unnecessary fight. Well, I'm done with that.

Default シン・ウルトラマン

This may be unpopular only insofar as I imagine very few people actually care about it, but the only comic that I'm currently reading is Marvel's Ultraman stuff.

And it's by far the best thing that I think they're currently doing.

And like the song says...

In a super jet he comes
    From a billion miles away
    From a distant planet land
    Comes our hero, Ultraman

And of course looking forward to THE TRIALS OF ULTRAMAN in March.

Like Steve Jobs, this is all going to be insanely great.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    This may be unpopular only insofar as I imagine very few people actually care about it, but the only comic that I'm currently reading is Marvel's Ultraman stuff.

And it's by far the best thing that I think they're currently doing.
    The problem I have with that is that they're using the annoying US comic tropes in their writing.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    This may be unpopular only insofar as I imagine very few people actually care about it, but the only comic that I'm currently reading is
    As a big Ultraman fan this is the only comic I collect the variant covers of.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

From what I've seen so far, people highly praise Matt Fraction's Hawkeye run and I even see some go as far as saying it's the best and quintessential Hawkeye run. I highly disagree of them. While I enjoyed some elements of Fraction's run, I feel that it reinvented Clint's character - for the worse. It changed his characterisation into this goofball who’s not taken seriously and simply exists to get some laughs at the expense of himself when he’s not in the spotlight. Such a far cry from the old school Clint Barton who’s cocky, brash, very serious about his Avengers title and uses his wits and skills to extricate himself out of any difficult situation. He usually does not think about what he should’ve done to not land himself in the situation, he comes up with solutions to get himself out of it because there’s no use crying over split milk. He's proud of his marksman skills and he delivers them. Thompson, Kott and Lemire took inspiration from Fraction's run and further mishandled his character. They made him into some bumbling and incompetent fool that sometimes makes you wonder 'how did he became an Avenger/ SHIELD agent again'? I also don't really like how him being a 'human disaster and failboat' is so celebrated to be honest.

X-fan base really needs to let go of their grudge against Wanda, seriously people the woman has been through enough already and done pretty much everything including to being stabbed in the back by Rogue as penance, LET IT GO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    X-fan base really needs to let go of their grudge against Wanda, seriously people the woman has been through enough already and done pretty much everything including to being stabbed in the back by Rogue as penance, LET IT GO!!!
    What makes you think that this grudge still goes on? I had the impression that it smoothed down.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I would agree with that. They seem to love Magneto, Apocalypse and Namor... who are directly responsible for a lot more death than Wanda ever was... and they were making sane choices. Wanda was a broken shell when she screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    From what I've seen so far, people highly praise Matt Fraction's Hawkeye run and I even see some go as far as saying it's the best and quintessential Hawkeye run. I highly disagree of them. While I enjoyed some elements of Fraction's run, I feel that it reinvented Clint's character - for the worse. It changed his characterisation into this goofball who’s not taken seriously and simply exists to get some laughs at the expense of himself when he’s not in the spotlight. Such a far cry from the old school Clint Barton who’s cocky, brash, very serious about his Avengers title and uses his wits and skills to extricate himself out of any difficult situation. He usually does not think about what he should’ve done to not land himself in the situation, he comes up with solutions to get himself out of it because there’s no use crying over split milk. He's proud of his marksman skills and he delivers them. Thompson, Kott and Lemire took inspiration from Fraction's run and further mishandled his character. They made him into some bumbling and incompetent fool that sometimes makes you wonder 'how did he became an Avenger/ SHIELD agent again'? I also don't really like how him being a 'human disaster and failboat' is so celebrated to be honest.
    I read few pages of Freefall and I didn’t get it neither: it’s popular to give few flaws to a character. But, there, it’s a bit over the top: I saw someone who isolated himself from his friends, lying to them… It was painful to read.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    What makes you think that this grudge still goes on? I had the impression that it smoothed down.
    Last year, there were no less than three threads dedicated to discussing if Wanda should stand trial for her crimes. The grudge has by no means gone away.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Last year, there were no less than three threads dedicated to discussing if Wanda should stand trial for her crimes. The grudge has by no means gone away.
    Yes, but I see no longer these threads, they aren’t fed anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Trust me it's not, the whole "Pretender" thing doesn't help either.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

We must be active in very different circles because I see so many Wanda stans defending every single thing she does across the board.

People defending their character being wrecked afer 40+ years being a hero... who'd think that'd ever happen?
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I would agree with that. They seem to love Magneto, Apocalypse and Namor... who are directly responsible for a lot more death than Wanda ever was... and they were making sane choices. Wanda was a broken shell when she screwed up.
    Not true. Only the Sentinel Genosha massacre has caused more mutant deaths than Wanda’s instantaneous power removal.