Page 179 of 181 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181 LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 2708

Henry Pym is a disgrace for Marvel Comics and should stay dead or in comic book limbo forever... except for a mandatory cameo each decade or so, just to prevent the trademarks from expiring.

Getting real tired of Ewing bringing up Tarot or metaphors every other book he writes.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    Getting real tired of Ewing bringing up Tarot or metaphors every other book he writes.
    When they said that Immortal Hulk was Marvel's Swamp Thing, he truly believed he was Alan Moore.

I liked the Avenger Academy and Initiative additions. They felt more diverse in powerset and personalities than the Champions era to me.

So I feel like the ideal new characters would be a mix of both eras-diverse in powerset, origins, ethnicity/sexuality and so on.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-28-2024 at 04:24 PM.

They really need to stop "Enter the ____verse." It was fun the first time or two with Spider-man and that one Exiles storyarc with all the Wolverine's but the gimick is stale. Did we really need to see all those Miles Moraleses and Jessica Joneses teaming up?

The X-men stopped being heroes quite a while ago. Now they only seem to look out for themselves and "their people."

Nomad (Monroe) was a more interesting former Bucky than Winter Soldier.

Mayday is the best alternate Spider-person we've ever got.

The Ultimate Universe was very much a product of it's time and it's worth trying to bring back.

Thanos isn't nearly as deep a character as a lot of his fans say he is. He just talks a lot.

Heroes are better with secret identities than without. (For the most part. There are few exceptions.)

There are way too many Ghost Riders. For that matter, two heroes should NOT share a codename. If you want to introduce a new Captain America, Ironman, Darkhawk, or NFL SUper Pro, you need to put the other one in limbo and if you want to bring him back out of limbo, the other guy needs to change his name.

I would much rather read about a hero gathering whatever ragtag group of weird loners they can find than have them team up with a "family" of similiar characters. Stories like Maximum Carnage or Revenge of the Sinister Six wouldn't be nearly as good if he could just get Silk, Spider-woman, Miles, and whoever. The fact that he was dealing with heroes like Deathlok, Morbius, Ironfist, and maybe one Avenger that happened to be in the area made the stakes feel higher.

Idk. . . the edge was the selling point for lots of people.
    The Ultimate Universe was weird in a lot of ways. "Here's your heroes, except now they all wear tactile gear and leather and act like absolutely horrible people... oh yeah, and also Spider-man."

Hickman's 6160 feels like a blander Flashpoint.

There are way too many Ghost Riders. For that matter, two heroes should NOT share a codename. If you want to introduce a new Captain America, Ironman, Darkhawk, or NFL SUper Pro, you need to put the other one in limbo and if you want to bring him back out of limbo, the other guy needs to change his name.

I would much rather read about a hero gathering whatever ragtag group of weird loners they can find than have them team up with a "family" of similiar characters. Stories like Maximum Carnage or Revenge of the Sinister Six wouldn't be nearly as good if he could just get Silk, Spider-woman, Miles, and whoever. The fact that he was dealing with heroes like Deathlok, Morbius, Ironfist, and maybe one Avenger that happened to be in the area made the stakes feel higher.
    Agreed and the latter is common in Shonen anime like BLEACH, One Piece etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    The Ultimate Universe was very much a product of it's time and it's worth trying to bring back.

The Ultimate Universe was weird in a lot of ways. "Here's your heroes, except now they all wear tactile gear and leather and act like absolutely horrible people... oh yeah, and also Spider-man."
    I feel like the Ultimate Universe would've worked better as an imprint like 2099 was- more of a reimaging than an update.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-28-2024 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yes to this one, especially!
    I'd love this to happen too. Even if it were just a mini there is a lot of untapped potential with these two characters.

Amazing Member

The MCU can should have its own comic line. 616 should not be like the MCU and vice versa.

Apocalypse as a character has been all but ruined, and hasn't been in anything good since like The Further Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix. Everything in the 2000's from being mixed up with Dracula, the Eternals and the Celestials has been a disaster for the character. He was a fav of mine as a kid and he's a shadow of that now.

Ka-Zar needs a proper book again, and he needs to lose Shanna the She-Devil and his child killed off. Ka-Zar could have an incredible run full of savage adventures, swords and sorcery etc, without being saddled as a doting father and neutered husband.

Johnny Storm should be allowed to mature and take over the FF as leader. Reed should be the team's science & tech man, but Johnny should lead in them in the field and on adventures.

Tigra should not have a tail.

The fact that no one seems to mind or be concerned that Annihilus has a foothold in the 616 universe is beyond mind-boggling. This incredibly powerful lunatic insect-man had devastated virtually the entire known galaxy and now he and part of his horde seem to be left just hanging out on a world to themselves, doing God's know what.

I'm not sure it's controversial, but Marvel editorial really really needs to stop letting cosmic Big Dogs like Galactus and the Celestials get jobbed by like, anyone from earth. No, an axe from Thor should not be able to kill a Celestial, no Avengers should not be able to take them down, Celestials should not die at all. Galactus doesn't get beat up by Thor or jobbed by Doom or whoever else. It's been out of control so many years now. Remember when it took all of Marvel's heavy hitters to just knock over a Galactus that was already near death? Remember when Odin, at full power, wearing the Destroyer armor did diddly-squat to the Celestials? That's kinda what it should be. The heroes of Earth should just barely be able to turn these beings away, at best, and not be stomping them every other month. I love Thor, he's a favourite, but he should not be a match for Galactus.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Johnny Storm should be allowed to mature and take over the FF as leader. Reed should be the team's science & tech man, but Johnny should lead in them in the field and on adventures.
    It's a trope for FF writers to 1) humanize Reed and 2) mature Johnny. In Johnny's case he has never permanently grown from his teenage boy persona. And to be fair to writers, that is an attitude that can bring color to a story. But the FF now has another teenage boy named Franklin who is fit to take over as girl-crazy impulsive teenage boy. Grow Johnny up to the point where he's the cool uncle who gets why kids' toys appeal to them and hasn't forgotten what a teenager will pull. He's grown enough to adult 99% of the time, but is still awkward in a tux. I agree. It's time he grew the f up.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Apocalypse as a character has been all but ruined, and hasn't been in anything good since like The Further Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix. Everything in the 2000's from being mixed up with Dracula, the Eternals and the Celestials has been a disaster for the character. He was a fav of mine as a kid and he's a shadow of that now.

Ka-Zar needs a proper book again, and he needs to lose Shanna the She-Devil and his child killed off. Ka-Zar could have an incredible run full of savage adventures, swords and sorcery etc, without being saddled as a doting father and neutered husband.
    When has trying to "fix" a character by getting rid of their family ever worked? More often than not, the result ends up being worse than when they had the family, especially if it involves killing the child. Ka-Zar is not going to light the world on fire if he no longer has a family and a Tarzan knockoff is not something with a lot of appeal in today's market.

Sue makes for a better leader.

Tigra should not have a tail.
    Why not?

I'm not sure it's controversial, but Marvel editorial really really needs to stop letting cosmic Big Dogs like Galactus and the Celestials get jobbed by like, anyone from earth. No, an axe from Thor should not be able to kill a Celestial, no Avengers should not be able to take them down, Celestials should not die at all. Galactus doesn't get beat up by Thor or jobbed by Doom or whoever else. It's been out of control so many years now. Remember when it took all of Marvel's heavy hitters to just knock over a Galactus that was already near death? Remember when Odin, at full power, wearing the Destroyer armor did diddly-squat to the Celestials? That's kinda what it should be. The heroes of Earth should just barely be able to turn these beings away, at best, and not be stomping them every other month. I love Thor, he's a favourite, but he should not be a match for Galactus.
    Thor is not from Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    When has trying to "fix" a character by getting rid of their family ever worked? More often than not, the result ends up being worse than when they had the family, especially if it involves killing the child. Ka-Zar is not going to light the world on fire if he no longer has a family and a Tarzan knockoff is not something with a lot of appeal in today's market.
    What's worked about having a family? Ka-Zar has languished in backburner limbo for 30yrs, not just as a title, but even in his own series. Shanna and Matthew take up too much air and give nothing back to the character, and he becomes a bland second fiddle in his own books. You say a jungle hero as little appeal in today's market, but a wholesome jungle family does? Doesn't seem that way. What worse fate could Ka-Zar possibly have if you removed them? Ka-Zar and the Savage Land have nothing but potential for great stories. They just need a writer who wants to do that style of ERB or REH adventures.

Sue makes for a better leader.
    Nah, Johhny does. Sue makes the better second in command type, the conscience, the binding.

Thor is not from Earth.
    Thor is an Earthbound/Earthrelated hero. No Earth related deities should be able to take Galatcus, not even Odin.

How have I not discovered this thread? I shall contribute. Though I don't know how unpopular my opinions are.

To start I don't like the current day format of the Thunderbolts. The Thunderbolts should always be a group of supervillains who want to try and reform. Some might make the change others might revert back but redemption for villains should always be the theme of the team. Modern Thunderbolts are just black op assassin teams where anyone joins. They don't even have to be particularly shady anymore. Thunderbolts is just a Secret Avengers style team now. I've disliked the last two teams not because they were bad but because they didn't fit the theme.

On that note, the Avengers shouldn't have a secret team or a black ops team or anything like that. The Avengers are heroes. If some of their members want to go off and do shady things, they need to have their own team name.

Luke Cage and Jessica Jones should not be married nor should they have a kid.

Jessica Jones is a one and done and has nothing to offer after her
    story was told.

Blue Marvel is boring.

The brain drain is so bad at Marvel that C list talent are now on the A list books.

The 2010s is the worst decade Marvel ever had.

Ms Marvel is a solid supporting character but will never be the star Marvel is so desperate to turn her into.

Carol Danvers was better as Ms Marvel.

The Krakoa era was the worst era in X-MEN history.

Modern Marvel is 1970s DC.

When you change a character's orientation (Iceman, Hercules) you destroy that character.

The Spider-Man line should be five books. Peter gets two books. Miles gets one. Spider-Woman gets one book. Whoever is Spider-Girl gets one book.

There should only be one Spider-Woman.

Variant covers are toxic and Marvel should quit doing them.

The X-MEN should only have two books.

Marvel should only put out twenty-five to thirty superhero titles.

SHIELD needs to come back along with the helicarriers and flying cars.

Nick Fury Jr is a terrible character.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 03-09-2024 at 02:20 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest