Page 155 of 181 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2702
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Spider-Man should still be married to Mary Jane
    I don't think that is Unpopular and/or Controversial, still you are right.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Ok.

The X-Men's record when it comes to ethnic characters.
    But how does the metaphor affect that? Would they be less diverse without it?

There is a saying, "Don't let perfect become the enemy of good" We agree that it isn't perfect. Perfect is rare, especially in superhero comics. Where we disagree is that I think it's good. So I'm fine with it.
    Things are good, but they can be better. And tbh, I don't even think it's good.

I never claimed to speak for everyone (I wish I could that would be awesome) I was just giving my opinion on the book. I thought that was obvious this is the Unpopular/Controversial Opinions thread. But next time I will IMO it.
    Ok.

Become regent of Mars?
    That's cool, but that just happened. I mean in the last 20 years

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Spider-Man should still be married to Mary Jane
    I think a lot of us agree about that

Ultimate Member

I'm not sure if street-level vigilantism works anymore, at least in the way it did. From what I know, violent crime has decreased, and even at that, you're not likely to be mugged by somebody. A lot of street crime as portrayed in comics comes from a classist interpretation, at least from what I've seen, and Idk if there's enough of it to justify masked vigilantes regularly beating up criminals. There needs be to more understanding of why crime happens.

There is some level of underreported crime, but that affects marginalized communities. Those communities are overpoliced yet under protected. But Idk if Marvel or DC wants to go there. However, I don't think it's like the street crime portrayed in the comics.

1.Hell's Kitchen has become a cheap imitation of Gotham city, with a dude with no superpowers whose only gimmick is that he is fat and bald yet somehow inexplicably manages to be a big shot in the criminal underworld and then became Mayor in a place like NYC that should eat someone like him alive if he tried to run for public office in the place of the fun interesting villains. Much like Gotham City I don't care if the bad guys take it over.

2. Marvel has made some attempts but it's still too New York Centric and that is never going too change.

3. I still think Chicago would have been a great city for Miles.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 08-21-2021 at 07:50 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

Marvel should definitely move out of New York. Go to the west Coast, Canada or Mexico, or somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Marvel should definitely move out of New York. Go to the west Coast, Canada or Mexico, or somewhere else
    Aren't their enough super heroes in Vancouver already?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Aren't their enough super heroes in Vancouver already?
    Uh, maybe? They could always go to Toronto, or Iqaluit

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Uh, maybe? They could always go to Toronto, or Iqaluit
    I believe that was a joke. Kirby101 was possibly commenting on the CW filming there. Most of the DC CW shows were filmed there.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I believe that was a joke. Kirby101 was possibly commenting on the CW filming there. Most of the DC CW shows were filmed there.
    Oh, haha, I'm stupid. I should've gotten that one. My bad

Astonishing Member

The Avengers have some of the most dysfunctional relationships that I've seen, and I would arguably be happy if the disbanded permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    The Avengers have some of the most dysfunctional relationships that I've seen, and I would arguably be happy if the disbanded permanently.
    You are talking about a certain relationship or a few? Just asking.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

The legacy characters allows fans to experience the power set, initial premise, and themes of the hero through the lens of a more relatable (to some) or just a different character. I am not a big fantasy reader, Thor has never really interested me. A woman with cancer taking on the name of Thor to fight on earth sounds much more interesting to me. Encouraging these kinds of ventures in comics is how you get new fans of the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Seriously? More than the X-Men?

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Seriously? More than the X-Men?

Peace
    Dysfunctional relationships are the bread and butter of MU human relations, to be perfectly honest. So far only Luke Cage is pillar of stability . All the others range from "aww man" to "paiinn" to "I be friend spiderman, date matt maurdock and joined the X-men, while occasionally standing for the ff when they are on vacation" aka " genocide mode"

Fantastic Member

Honestly, the most controversial opinion I hold is that I think Steve's decision to go back to the past/create an alternate reality is super fucked up if you look past the surface-level Disney-esque happily ever after.