Page 134 of 181 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2702
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    To be fair I think Hickman is teasing us more than blaming the Avengers character but not all X-writers do that Ewing has been more fair with Wanda on his comics and Si Spurrier is doing a story that criticizes Krakoaīs inner life so itīs more a matter of the take certain writers take on the story.

But I will say this, I personally hate the way Aaron and some other writers have been taking parts of the X-men mythos only to missuse them, like the Phoenix, I donīt really see the point of making it Thorīs mother to be honest when the story of Gea being his mom was around for such a long time. That would be my controversial oppinion
    Si Spurrier is still dragging a character who has no power or say in X-franchise to be a music piece for a cult.

Aaron is a **** writer for Thor, period, I think people generally like their own classic lore for characters. JA just screams "my ideas are sooooo cooool" when they are actually ****. Like seriously, he doesn't even seem to understand established characters he is using like Agamotto. And being the Elder Gods enthusiast, I hate how he swap Gaea for Phoenix, it must sound cool in his head.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Si Spurrier is still dragging a character who has no power or say in X-franchise to be a music piece for a cult.

Aaron is a **** writer for Thor, period, I think people generally like their own classic lore for characters. JA just screams "my ideas are sooooo cooool" when they are actually ****. Like seriously, he doesn't even seem to understand established characters he is using like Agamotto. And being the Elder Gods enthusiast, I hate how he swap Gaea for Phoenix, it must sound cool in his head.
    So why doesn't the Avengers office try to fix things?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Agreed I donīt think that was neccesary at all.

Yes I wish marvel used itīs own mythos in a modern way, it was nice how they developed all those stories with the elder gods and Strangeīs characters only to push them aside or the just completely change their origin to make it more modern.

One of the reasons I liked Ewing as a writer for X-men is because he really searches the characterīs background and uses a lot of lore form the older stories and those are exactly the kind of stories I like more.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Ultimate Member

Agreed I donīt think that was neccesary at all.

Yes I wish marvel used itīs own mythos in a modern way, it was nice how they developed all those stories with the elder gods and Strangeīs characters only to push them aside or the just completely change their origin to make it more modern.

One of the reasons I liked Ewing as a writer for X-men is because he really searches the characterīs background and uses a lot of lore form the older stories and those are exactly the kind of stories I like more.
    I mean, isn't that point of having 60+ years of history? To create a mythos for the universe?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I am not sure I follow, I was talking about how it was nice to create a mythos for the stories but now, on recent years, it looks like marvel has been leaving them behind unused or radically changing them and I liked it more when they used the old mythologies like the Greek or Nordic to develop the mythos of marvel and when those characters played an important role on the stories which is not so common with recent stories.

But then again I have always liked to learn about mythologies and I feel the narratives can be greatly enriched when they include them but itīs a personal preference.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I liked Kitty Pryde when Chris Claremont wrote her. Now that it’s no longer the case… far less.
    I guess me too. I lost completely the intrest on the character when they tried too hard to grow her up.

On the Avengers/x-Men front, I also prefered when each interacted less with each other, and each meeting in itself was almost an event. I guess it really went downhill when they decided to have Wolverine (arguably the most popular X-Men of all) join the Avengers. I think the only thing that could be worse is having Cyclops (Mr X-Men himself) join it.

Peace

X-Men (Marvel mutants in general) always felt so different to me than the rest of the Marvel Universe that at some point (maybe under Morrison or as a result of House of M) they should have existed on their own earth.

Even with 1970s Claremont and with some mutants crossing over into other comics like Ice Man, Angel, Scarlett Witch, Quicksilver, Beast, and Wolverine, the mutants always felt like they were from a different editor/publisher.

From the 1960s until the 1990s, I guess the rest of the heroes were on vacation when the Sentinels attacked.

Once Uncanny started spinning off their own titles (New Mutants, X-Factor, X-Men, etc.) and had their own crossovers, and eventually an entire country with millions of mutants, the writing was on the wall that it would have been simpler and more realistic for them to live in their own world.

Stan and Jack's X-Men felt part of the original MU but after they left- not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    yes but that be so if wanda wasnt then written to be completly obnoxious and toxic towards mutants ever since childrens crusade, now she's an important lore piece for far more important and interesting characters and their stories, a shame but it is what it is!

Had she joined the x-men or at the very least not being written as the saintly and sad victim that somehow manages to become the hero in the conclusion of her victim's story, as said victims become the villains.

And then uncanny avengers, the grudge still lasts because it was entire years of stories with hundreds of issues that people read and re-read, and each time we get the saga of "wanda commits genocide, yet her victims are the assholes for hating her" and she returns, her children back her avenger status that grants her total immunanity and entitlemente and immense arrogance, as she acts like genocide is just small incovinience mutants need to get over, as she rolls her eyes condescendingly at the ANOYANCE of the consequences of her actions.
    "Omg haven't you ever commited genocide? im an avenger again so it doesn't matter what stinky mutants think, so cry harder" but in the next panels she's crying on some dude chest.

Wanda is a horrid character that deserves it, sorry if she was worth more than that writers would use her but not even an execptional series starting the phase 4 of the mcu manages to make people care.
    Oops. She now has millions of new fans due to her show.

Ultimate Member

I am not sure I follow, I was talking about how it was nice to create a mythos for the stories but now, on recent years, it looks like marvel has been leaving them behind unused or radically changing them and I liked it more when they used the old mythologies like the Greek or Nordic to develop the mythos of marvel and when those characters played an important role on the stories which is not so common with recent stories.

But then again I have always liked to learn about mythologies and I feel the narratives can be greatly enriched when they include them but itīs a personal preference.
    Oh I see. I was just talking about Marvel using its own mythos

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sForever View Post
    X-Men (Marvel mutants in general) always felt so different to me than the rest of the Marvel Universe that at some point (maybe under Morrison or as a result of House of M) they should have existed on their own earth.

Even with 1970s Claremont and with some mutants crossing over into other comics like Ice Man, Angel, Scarlett Witch, Quicksilver, Beast, and Wolverine, the mutants always felt like they were from a different editor/publisher.

From the 1960s until the 1990s, I guess the rest of the heroes were on vacation when the Sentinels attacked.

Once Uncanny started spinning off their own titles (New Mutants, X-Factor, X-Men, etc.) and had their own crossovers, and eventually an entire country with millions of mutants, the writing was on the wall that it would have been simpler and more realistic for them to live in their own world.

Stan and Jack's X-Men felt part of the original MU but after they left- not so much.
    The whole Sentinels business makes no sense in the wider MCU IMHO

Niffleheim

I love Marvel events simply because it is the only time I would read about characters that I normally don't or wont follow their ongoings and most of the time the events are a fun read.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    The whole Sentinels business makes no sense in the wider MCU IMHO
    I can't disagree on that.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I can't disagree on that.
    Mik you know you are responding to yourself right lol

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Mik you know you are responding to yourself right lol
    Geez, I'm an idiot. I haven't visited here since that post