Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128
Results 1,906 to 1,919 of 1919
  1. #1906
    Benefactor / Malefactor H-E-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I'm not saying a rumor can't turn out to be true, but if six out of ten rumors are true, you still have four lies.



    If you believe what random people say with nothing that backs them up except people who want it to be true and will find anything to justify a rumor, then I feel sorry for you.
    These reports are not from “random people”. They’re from well connected individuals who have insider sources, and have proven time and time again that their sources provide trustworthy information. The idea that any news that comes from an anonymous source is to be distrusted is not a good one.

    There’s sufficient real, observable evidence out there that if you don’t believe it already, I don’t think you’re willing to believe it. So I should consider this debate at an end.

    It seems to me that you’ve positioned these rumors as being an attack on the Inhumans and the quality of their stories; this, as an Inhumans fan, you feel dutybound to disbelieve and refute them. But, for the last time, I just want to emphasize that this is not the case.

  2. #1907
    Incredible Member Force de Phenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    These reports are not from “random people”. They’re from well connected individuals who have insider sources, and have proven time and time again that their sources provide trustworthy information. The idea that any news that comes from an anonymous source is to be distrusted is not a good one.

    There’s sufficient real, observable evidence out there that if you don’t believe it already, I don’t think you’re willing to believe it. So I should consider this debate at an end.

    It seems to me that you’ve positioned these rumors as being an attack on the Inhumans and the quality of their stories; this, as an Inhumans fan, you feel dutybound to disbelieve and refute them. But, for the last time, I just want to emphasize that this is not the case.
    I don't think you understand what rumors are. It's litterally gossip. Once someone confirms them, like Hickman, it's just hearsay. You're basically taking someone's word for it because you want to believe it for biaised reasons and use selected speculation to back it up.

    The idea that any news that comes from an anonymous source is automatically to be trusted is not a good one.

    I actually forgot the original argument. The fact that people use rumors as facts to perpetuate online disputes nowadays is beyond me.

  3. #1908
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    10,559

    Default

    The X-Men(and F4) were banned from appearing in games from 2015 to 2017. Basically, Marvel wouldn't sell new games their license. They also didn't show up in any cartoons or overall promotional material. Even Wanda ended up shelved in the same way despite being on the MCU, because of Fox sharing her movie rights. This is not a "rumor", I was there(here?) while it was happening.

  4. #1909
    Incredible Member Force de Phenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The X-Men(and F4) were banned from appearing in games from 2015 to 2017. Basically, Marvel wouldn't sell new games their license. They also didn't show up in any cartoons or overall promotional material. Even Wanda ended up shelved in the same way despite being on the MCU, because of Fox sharing her movie rights. This is not a "rumor", I was there(here?) while it was happening.
    And in none of them was because of the inhumans, but rather the Avengers, Defenders and GoTG (all of which had their own games, tv shows, toy lines, etc.) but everyone still blames the inhumans, hence them being scapegoats.

  5. #1910
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    503

    Default

    While I enjoy seeing Doctor Doom square off with the Fantastic Four as a whole Id really like to see more delving into his personal problems with Mr. Fantastic and Mephisto.

  6. #1911
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,853

    Default

    Sandman should never have gone back to being a villain.

  7. #1912

    Default

    I'm more interested in a Sonyverse that mixes Spidey with the c/d-listers like Solo, Rocket Racer than just relying on Spider-people.

  8. #1913
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Sandman should never have gone back to being a villain.
    Agreed. I liked the idea that he was attempting to turn it around, and even would have liked if, like Atlas/Erik Josten, he had a few backwards stumbles and didn't exactly stick the landing of his face turn. Instead it seemed to come out of nowhere that he had returned to villainy.

    "Dear Avengers. Thanks for sticking your necks out and taking a chance on me. But I wasn't appearing in any books and I got bored, plus Otto is really convincing and I'm totally suggestible..."

  9. #1914
    Astonishing Member Vegan Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Hydra was right.

  10. #1915
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Sandman should never have gone back to being a villain.
    Blame The Wizard.

  11. #1916
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    503

    Default

    It would be far more interesting to see Ghost Spider as an adversary of Spider-Man’s than an ally.

  12. #1917
    Incredible Member charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    852

    Default

    Brand New Day/One More Day revitalized Spider-Man for the better. They took what worked with Ultimate Spider-Man and brought into the 616 de-aged Peter and reintroduced a lot of his classic villains.

    The consequence ever since removing the marriage of Peter & MJ is a "won't they/will they" dynamic which is way better for story telling. I keep thinking of the show Adventures of Lois & Clark, the chemistry was electric, but the moment they got together it was lost and the show became boring.

    When Spencer plays up the will Peter propose to MJ he is doing the classic rom/com trope; which is great.

    Also, I really love Bendis and everything he's done with New Avengers he is the godfather of revitalizing old tired franchises.

  13. #1918
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Brand New Day/One More Day revitalized Spider-Man for the better. They took what worked with Ultimate Spider-Man and brought into the 616 de-aged Peter and reintroduced a lot of his classic villains.

    The consequence ever since removing the marriage of Peter & MJ is a "won't they/will they" dynamic which is way better for story telling. I keep thinking of the show Adventures of Lois & Clark, the chemistry was electric, but the moment they got together it was lost and the show became boring.

    When Spencer plays up the will Peter propose to MJ he is doing the classic rom/com trope; which is great.

    Also, I really love Bendis and everything he's done with New Avengers he is the godfather of revitalizing old tired franchises.
    I agree for the most part. Even if I think the stories themselves weren't so great, they swept the board clean and allowed for some awesome stories to be told.

  14. #1919
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,853

    Default

    Carol Danvers was not wrong to arrest Julia Carpenter in Civil War. Not only did Julia attack first but she'd also put several people in the hospital while trying to escape, the type of behavior that got people mad at superheroes in the first place.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •