Page 180 of 181 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181 LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 2702

Luke Cage and Jessica Jones should not be married nor should they have a kid.

Jessica Jones is a one and done and has nothing to offer after her
    story was told.

Blue Marvel is boring.

The brain drain is so bad at Marvel that C list talent are now on the A list books.

The 2010s is the worst decade Marvel ever had.

Ms Marvel is a solid supporting character but will never be the star Marvel is so desperate to turn her into.

Carol Danvers was better as Ms Marvel.

The Krakoa era was the worst era in X-MEN history.

Modern Marvel is 1970s DC.

When you change a character's orientation (Iceman, Hercules) you destroy that character.

The Spider-Man line should be five books. Peter gets two books. Miles gets one. Spider-Woman gets one book. Whoever is Spider-Girl gets one book.

There should only be one Spider-Woman.

Variant covers are toxic and Marvel should quit doing them.

The X-MEN should only have two books.

Marvel should only put out twenty-five to thirty superhero titles.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Agreed. I'd actually like to see Luke as a widowed father, but, perhaps, that idea will lose its appeal once Danielle is no longer a kid and writers begin to foccus more and more on her teenage rebellion.

story was told.
    Agreed!

Blue Marvel is boring.
    Kind of agree. I still think he has some potential, but not as the black version of the silver age Superman, which I also always found boring.

The brain drain is so bad at Marvel that C list talent are now on the A list books.
    Agreed.

Agreed.

Ms Marvel is a solid supporting character but will never be the star Marvel is so desperate to turn her into.
    Nah, I find ver completly annoying. But, yes, I doubt she'll ever be the star Marvelwants her to be.

100% AGREED!

Agreed. But X-Men hasn't been good since way before the Krakoa era.

I actually think 70's DC was WAY better than modern Marvel.

When you change a character's orientation (Iceman, Hercules) you destroy that character.
    Agreed. Especially because said orientation becames all the character has to offer.

The Spider-Man line should be five books. Peter gets two books. Miles gets one. Spider-Woman gets one book. Whoever is Spider-Girl gets one book.

I actually think there should be only one Spider-Man, so no book for Miles.

A bit extreme (toxic?), but, fine, I agree.

The X-Men, yes, but I do think you can have a couple of other X-Teams with their own books. But just a couple.

Agreed.

SHIELD needs to come back along with the helicarriers and flying cars.
    Agreed.

Nick Fury Jr is a terrible character.
    Agreed.

Nothing so controversial here. At least for me.

Peace

Boisterously Confused

Moon Knight was better when whether he was mentally ill and whether there was really a god behind him were both ambiguous.

ETA: they should never have canonically established which of his identities were the real one, or even if any of them were
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 03-09-2024 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    What's worked about having a family? Ka-Zar has languished in backburner limbo for 30yrs, not just as a title, but even in his own series. Shanna and Matthew take up too much air and give nothing back to the character, and he becomes a bland second fiddle in his own books. You say a jungle hero as little appeal in today's market, but a wholesome jungle family does? Doesn't seem that way. What worse fate could Ka-Zar possibly have if you removed them? Ka-Zar and the Savage Land have nothing but potential for great stories. They just need a writer who wants to do that style of ERB or REH adventures.
    At worst, Ka-Zar is in the same position he is now as a d-lister who gets trotted out a few times so Marvel can remind people he exists. How many people care or even know about him? I can't remember when last his name was even mentioned in this board. Shanna is as much of a main character as he ever was and she's probably more well known, even if it's for the wrong reasons. Getting rid of Ka-Zar's son is not going to help the character and will be seen as the pathetic attempt to make him relevant again that it is.

Nah, Johhny does. Sue makes the better second in command type, the conscience, the binding.
    Even at his most mature, Johnny should not be trusted to lead a team.

Thor is an Earthbound/Earthrelated hero. No Earth related deities should be able to take Galatcus, not even Odin.
    Thor is from Asgard, not Earth. He protects Earth but he is not from Earth. He is no more Earthbound than Silver Surfer.

I've got my flame shield ready. Beast is a better Avenger then he is an X-Man. Being a Avenger brings out the best in Beast. Being in X-Men does the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I've got my flame shield ready. Beast is a better Avenger then he is an X-Man. Being a Avenger brings out the best in Beast. Being in X-Men does the opposite.
    Beast was great at both. I think the decline for Beast began with Grant Morrison's X-Men run.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    At worst, Ka-Zar is in the same position he is now as a d-lister who gets trotted out a few times so Marvel can remind people he exists. How many people care or even know about him? I can't remember when last his name was even mentioned in this board. Shanna is as much of a main character as he ever was and she's probably more well known, even if it's for the wrong reasons. Getting rid of Ka-Zar's son is not going to help the character and will be seen as the pathetic attempt to make him relevant again that it is.

Even at his most mature, Johnny should not be trusted to lead a team.

Thor is from Asgard, not Earth. He protects Earth but he is not from Earth. He is no more Earthbound than Silver Surfer.
    You're just making the same point I did, Shanna and Matthew have never helped Ka-Zar as a character or gain popularity, so why would it upset you to have them removed? You seem pretty snarky about Ka-Zar's status or his relevance as a "D-Lister" etc, so I'm not sure why you seem so adamant about policing my opinion on this. I was never talking about his relevance, I was saying Ka-Zar has much greater potential as a character as a lone fantasy hero. A good writer interested in fantasy stories could make Ka-Zar interesting again, just like anything else.

Thor is an Earth-related hero, we both know this, Asgard is forever connected to Earth. I'm not sure why you're being semantic about it. Would Thor living in a space castle 24/7 instead of coming to Earth somehow make him more capable of defeating Galactus? Not sure why're we're going back and forth on this.
    Last edited by Doombot; 03-10-2024 at 03:46 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    The writing sure seems to bear this out.

Often, in comic books, smart characters are either evil, or unstable, or head quickly into 'too smart to be good' territory. Brainiac 5, over at DC, has endured regular attempts to make him crazy or an antagonist. Stark and Richards (particularly in the Civil War era, but Stark, thanks to the Armor Wars, was already dabbling in this), but also other brains, particularly in the X-franchise, tend to be sketchy and engage in all sorts of unethical behavior and think it's okay because of how smart they are. (Beast and Xavier get this worst, but even Forge has had his moments.)

The strain of anti-intellectualism runs deep.

Characters seen as more working class (like the Thing) or not portrayed as particularly bright (Wonder Man, Colossus) tend to be more likely to be the idealists or team conscience characters. To find a really intelligent character who isn't a borderline sociopath, you have to fall back on characters written for younger audiences, like Moon Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    You're just making the same point I did, Shanna and Matthew have never helped Ka-Zar as a character or gain popularity, so why would it upset you to have them removed? You seem pretty snarky about Ka-Zar's status or his relevance as a "D-Lister" etc, so I'm not sure why you seem so adamant about policing my opinion on this. I was never talking about his relevance, I was saying Ka-Zar has much greater potential as a character as a lone fantasy hero. A good writer interested in fantasy stories could make Ka-Zar interesting again, just like anything else.
    There is virtually nothing Ka-Zar cannot do as a family man that he cannot do as without a family. If he isn't doing those things, it's because Marvel isn't interested or doesn't see any potential in the character.

Thor is an Earth-related hero
    So are Moondragon, Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer and a number of other cosmic heroes. Thor spending the majority of his time on Earth doesn't make him an Earthling nor does it mean he shouldn't be able to kill a Celestial. Putting cosmic heavy hitters on a pedestal went out the window when they had Spider-Man beat up a Herald of Galactus.

I've got a new one coming off the "What If" thread.

The only good thing about AvX was Magik/Illyana getting awesome, dark and powerful moments in the event, everytime Wolverine got burned, blasted, or thrown out of a jet and best of all the panel of Captain America punching Gambit in the face. That one panel of Cap decking Gambit might be one of the greatest panels in Marvel history and made the AvX event worth it for that alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

story was told.

Blue Marvel is boring.

Reading most of these makes me just think of this:

download.jpg

Marvel just do a Crisis on Infinite Earths style mega event blow up their whole universe and start over incorporate whatever stuff from 616, New Universe, Crossgen, Ultraverse, MC2, 2099, the Ultimate Universe, and be done with it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post

download.jpg
    Pretty much, yeah.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post

download.jpg
    It's more like this....

download (2).jpeg

That dumb kid wrecked a really great car that was passed down to him. You hate to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    Marvel just do a Crisis on Infinite Earths style mega event blow up their whole universe and start over incorporate whatever stuff from 616, New Universe, Crossgen, Ultraverse, MC2, 2099, the Ultimate Universe, and be done with it.
    Yes, let Marvel complete it's transformation into 1970s DC.

((Looks at current Marvel talent))

You know what? Maybe we shouldn't LOL.