Page 156 of 181 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 2702

The multiverse in the MCU really gives them the chance to explore Hela being Loki's daughter. I hope they get around to that in Loki's show at some point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    Honestly, the most controversial opinion I hold is that I think Steve's decision to go back to the past/create an alternate reality is super fucked up if you look past the surface-level Disney-esque happily ever after.
    That's not a controversial opinion. I would say my opinion of being ok with Steve leaving is more controversial.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    That's not a controversial opinion. I would say my opinion of being ok with Steve leaving is more controversial.
    I knew someone who was. He was a veteran so he saw Steve returning to the 40s through that lens.

Fantastic Member

I guess it depends on the circles we're in, because every time I've mentioned how much I hated the ending outside of CBR, I get a ton of pushback and told "it's not that deep" or "stop thinking too much."

It gets harder and harder to care about stories that don't end, and no legacy characters don't help in fact they make it worse.

Ultimate Member

I can't say I like that ending either

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    It gets harder and harder to care about stories that don't end, and no legacy characters don't help in fact they make it worse.
    But aren't you only a true fan if you want the same 3 heroes to do the same things forever?/s

My controversial opinion is Jim Shooter was and remains the greatest Marvel Comics editor-in-chief since Stan Lee.

I like Excalibur more than The Avengers.

The amount of uproar over She Hulk being mindless and more buffer was stupid considering Hulk has gone through many changes over the years between being smart,dumb, weak, powerful, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I like Excalibur more than The Avengers.
    I have to massively qualify this. I like the original Claremont-Davis-Neary-Farmer run on Excalibur more than the majority, but not all, Avengers’ stories.

I also feel this way about Davis’ run — with and without Delano, Collins and Craddock — on the UK version of Captain Britain and Mighty World of Marvel, which leads pretty directly into Excalibur. I really need to read the Alan Moore issues, too.

I have always followed creators more than characters, and Davis along with Claremont, were always consistently great.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    The amount of uproar over She Hulk being mindless and more buffer was stupid considering Hulk has gone through many changes over the years between being smart,dumb, weak, powerful, etc.
    For me...the thing about that is the Bruce was an abused and emotionally repressed child who developed multiple personality disorder. Jen was not...she was raised in a loving home and was emotionally healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    My controversial opinion is Jim Shooter was and remains the greatest Marvel Comics editor-in-chief since Stan Lee.
    I'd agree with that. I grew up hearing about how terrible he was and how people hated him... but then when I got older and actually listened to what he did?? Demanded that work was done on time.... kept the characters integrity first and didn't let writers do whatever they wanted... like an actual editor is SUPPOSED to do. Yeah, everyone hates a boss, but now it feels like the inmates are running the asylum. They need someone like Shooter to come back!

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Stop reading them. Come back later. Stories like these are not intended for one audience to read for 80 years straight. They're meant for people to read 5-10 years, grow up and find other hobbies. Then come back when they have kids and introduce a new generation to them.

When I got into comics in the 90's I was utterly amazed when I found out that somehow Daredevil was BOTH mine and My Dad's favorite marvel character. Him and Spider-man. Dad and I could have tons of conversations about comic characters even though he bought them in the late 60's, but at their core the characters are the same.

That's not the kind of things that I'm able to do with my nephews... The push to retire/kill 'classic' characters and replace them breaks that chain.

I always find it hypocritical when people say they want characters to age... because nobody alive today would have read about Batman then. Maybe Batman VI... but Bruce Wayne would have been dead or retired back in the 40's

Ultimate Member

How's that hypocritical? That makes no sense at all

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    For me...the thing about that is the Bruce was an abused and emotionally repressed child who developed multiple personality disorder. Jen was not...she was raised in a loving home and was emotionally healthy.
    Are you telling me that the closeted girl with self esteem issues and an excessive need to sleep around yet can't maintain a relationship while covering both up with humor and breaking faces doesn't have mental issues?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    How's that hypocritical? That makes no sense at all
    Hypocritical in the way that it's okay to end Bruce's story NOW... because 'we're bored' and it doesn't make sense that stories never end. However, they liked Batman, they enjoyed Batman, and if people followed THAT mentality, then people reading today NEVER would have experienced Batman. If 'comics are better aging in real time' then Batman would have ended around 1945. Hypocritical because 'WE' have the idea, it must be sound, but only now that we've grown tired of it... if other had that idea 70 years ago, it would have sucked.

'Generational' and Legacies don't work. Nobody cares about someone who just picks up a costume and does his thing. They want the people who originated that costume They want the planet Krypton exploding, and they want the Waynes dead in an alley and Bruce swearing vengeance on their graves...

Phantom, Shadow, Zorro... They're from the same eras as Batman started... and writers TRIED to end their story and 'move it forward' with legacies... and nobody cares. they don't last. We always end up back with Don Diego and Kit Walker in the 30's and 40's... because the origin and the drive to create the costume is lot more compelling than just putting on something becasue your great, great great gradparents were killed in an alley.