Page 151 of 181 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2702

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Christmas! Luke Cage is the best Black Superhero, IMHO
    What I'm about to say is just my opinion. Luke Cage can only seem to exist at extremes. Either he is over the top (blaxslpoitation roots) or boring (strong guy with no visual bang) as heck.

No one seems to be able to move him into the middle.

I wish some giant cosmic crossover thing happened that resulted in the general public forgetting who he was and him getting to start over again. I'm really curious to see what would happen and what decisions would get made. Maybe a codename? Would he leave NYC? What would Luke Cage in a different city look like? Can you imagine Luke Cage in....Portland?!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    What I'm about to say is just my opinion. Luke Cage can only seem to exist at extremes. Either he is over the top (blaxslpoitation roots) or boring (strong guy with no visual bang) as heck.

No one seems to be able to move him into the middle.

I wish some giant cosmic crossover thing happened that resulted in the general public forgetting who he was and him getting to start over again. I'm really curious to see what would happen and what decisions would get made. Maybe a codename? Would he leave NYC? What would Luke Cage in a different city look like? Can you imagine Luke Cage in....Portland?!
    Or maybe we can just let Luke Cage be Luke Cage, and help elevate other characters who actually fit the role you describe become more well known. I’m really tired of creators and fans trying to pigeonhole characters into roles that don’t really fit them.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Or maybe we can just let Luke Cage be Luke Cage, and help elevate other characters who actually fit the role you describe become more well known. I’m really tired of creators and fans trying to pigeonhole characters into roles that don’t really fit them.
    I'm not trying to pigeonhole him, if anything I want to free him. You said let Luke Cage be Luke Cage, but who is Luke Cage? Usually I loathe Tom King but this is one of those rare occasions where I would really be down with seeing Tom King really burrow into and deconstruct a character. You might want to save this post, me praising Tom King is rare.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

The whole plan that a fake Mandarin is in Iron Man 3 is a huge unforgivable flaw because Marvel didn’t release information before Iron Man 3 was released that a fake Mandarin is in the movie, also because Marvel hugely lied to vast persons with marketing Iron Man 3 with information that lead vast persons to believe Mandarin is the main super villain.

I want more of Hank Pym as Antman in the movies, than Scott.

The Avengers should be almost exclusively heroes without ongoing books. Fans of Iron Man, Thor, Captain Marvel, etc. can read stories about them in their own books. Also, it'd would lead to fewer continuity contradictions such as Black Panther being lost in space in his ongoing while leading the Avengers in their book. There any many other contradictions over the last few years (with Aaron being the main culprit). The current line up has 3 characters with current ongoing books (Iron Man, CM, Thor) and 2 who'll almost certainly be getting new ongoing books soon (Cap, BP). There's less room for classic Avengers like Hawkeye, Wasp, Hank Pym, Wonder Man, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Black Knight, Spectrum, etc. who have defined and been defined by the Avengers book for the better part of 50 years. I guess Bendis is ultimately the one to blame, The Avengers hasn't been the same since he took over.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

I’d kinda like to see what a Civil War III would look like.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    The Avengers should be almost exclusively heroes without ongoing books. Fans of Iron Man, Thor, Captain Marvel, etc. can read stories about them in their own books.
    I feel the same way about the Justice League, over at the Distinguished Competition. I want to read Avengers stories about Monica Rambeau and Living Lightning and Wasp and Hank Pym and US Agent and Scarlet Witch, and while I *also* like Captain America and Thor, I can read their solo books. (Similarly, I'd much rather read a Justice League story with Vixen, Black Lightning, Black Canary, Hawkwoman, Booster Gold, etc.)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I feel the same way about the Justice League, over at the Distinguished Competition. I want to read Avengers stories about Monica Rambeau and Living Lightning and Wasp and Hank Pym and US Agent and Scarlet Witch, and while I *also* like Captain America and Thor, I can read their solo books. (Similarly, I'd much rather read a Justice League story with Vixen, Black Lightning, Black Canary, Hawkwoman, Booster Gold, etc.)
    I echo this statement

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I’d kinda like to see what a Civil War III would look like.
    That could happen one day ....

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    The whole plan that a fake Mandarin is in Iron Man 3 is a huge unforgivable flaw because Marvel didn’t release information before Iron Man 3 was released that a fake Mandarin is in the movie, also because Marvel hugely lied to vast persons with marketing Iron Man 3 with information that lead vast persons to believe Mandarin is the main super villain.
    This was the plot twist though...you wanted them to give away the plot?

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    The Avengers should be almost exclusively heroes without ongoing books. Fans of Iron Man, Thor, Captain Marvel, etc. can read stories about them in their own books. Also, it'd would lead to fewer continuity contradictions such as Black Panther being lost in space in his ongoing while leading the Avengers in their book. There any many other contradictions over the last few years (with Aaron being the main culprit). The current line up has 3 characters with current ongoing books (Iron Man, CM, Thor) and 2 who'll almost certainly be getting new ongoing books soon (Cap, BP). There's less room for classic Avengers like Hawkeye, Wasp, Hank Pym, Wonder Man, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Black Knight, Spectrum, etc. who have defined and been defined by the Avengers book for the better part of 50 years. I guess Bendis is ultimately the one to blame, The Avengers hasn't been the same since he took over.
    Not an unpopular opinion
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    This was the plot twist though...you wanted them to give away the plot?
    I want movie marketing to not be lying because this is the same outright lying as Jason Goes To Hell movie marketing that fooled persons Jason Voorhess would be in a high amount of the movie, It Follows at Night doesn’t have a monster except the misleading marketing fooled persons the movie would have a monster, etc.

Disney could not change my mind that Mandarin is the main super villain wasn’t a astronomical awful action for lying movie marketing equal to Jason Voorhess would be in a high amount of the movie Jason Goes to Hell which was shown to be hugely wrong because he’s not in most of the movie.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Not an unpopular opinion
    You think it'll change with the next writer?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    That could happen one day ....
    I'd say it's certain to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    You think it'll change with the next writer?
    I doubt it. I think it's more of a company/editorial decision than a purely creative one. I can see a fringe Avengers book making a comeback, but I doubt it'd focus on the classic Avengers secondary charactets. At the most, it's be a mixed bag with a few classic characters and some of the "popular" (and I use that word VERY losely) modern ones. But, with few occasional exceptions, I see Avengers continuing with the "big names/sellars", and whomever they want to push in the movies.

Peace