Page 127 of 181 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2702
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    What other stuff?

What I was annoyed by was how it was Agents of Atlas in name only. There’s nothing wrong with having an Asian team.
    The issue wasn't that they were an Asian team. Sure, that has some problems with it, but it's a tried and true method of getting more diversity out into the market. Not perfect, but not bad by itself. The issue is, well, all the other stuff that's came up in the past week. The Blizzard fiasco, Twitter, the NBA, the literal organ harvesting and the whole thing with the Chinese Muslim population, etc.

And the issue isn't Disney trying to break into Asian markets. I mean, why not? Money is great! More comic book readers is great! I like diversity! This isn't against Chinese people or that we just shouldn't have Asian characters or anything.

It's about how Chinese censorship and how Chinese guidelines basically demand propaganda and how that propaganda spreads into media. Are we going to get something in a comic where the characters say, "We have to go to the Chinese city of Taipei for something or other" or are we going to get some line about how the Hong Kong protesters are in the wrong or something. Now, I'm sure if it came down to it, most writers would just try and ignore China and the whole thing when they can, but are we going to get to a point where they can't?

There's nothing wrong with a financially successful Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    There's nothing wrong with a financially successful Spider-Man.
    I think there are degrees to which Spider-Man can be financially successful.

He doesn't need to be dirt poor but Parker Industries is a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    Did Perlmutter even concern himself with the comics? As far as I'm aware, it was just the movies/tv where tried to make Inhumans a thing, and the comics were just pushing them to capitalise on the increase in interest for the characters. The idea that Marvel was ever going to do away with X-Men, one of their most profitable properties, is ludicrous.
    Perlmutter definitely did mess with the comics, generally when it came to matters related to multimedia. He's the the reason the FF weren't published for a few years.

The rumors were never that they would "do away with" the X-Men – the rumors all say that even Perlmutter could see that the X-books and Spider-Man were too big to cancel over movie rights disputes – but that they sought to de-emphasize them, and to focus efforts on building up a property that they themselves had the film rights to.

Which, again, is not a remark on the quality of the resultant Inhumans books – good books have come out of corporate mandates plenty of times in this industry.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Perlmutter definitely did mess with the comics, generally when it came to matters related to multimedia. He's the the reason the FF weren't published for a few years.

The rumors were never that they would "do away with" the X-Men – the rumors all say that even Perlmutter could see that the X-books and Spider-Man were too big to cancel over movie rights disputes – but that they sought to de-emphasize them, and to focus efforts on building up a property that they themselves had the film rights to.

Which, again, is not a remark on the quality of the resultant Inhumans books – good books have come out of corporate mandates plenty of times in this industry.
    It was a rumor. So we should believe it apparently. I think it was people's collective common sense and fear. People thought that it would be obvious for a company to take advantage of the "free" advertisement the movies, shows, and merch were giving them, and that people would check out the comics after seeing new characters that never really saw the exposure they've ever had, like Captain Marvel. It wasn't so much of a de-emphasize, as much as it was an inclusion and push. Deadpool was Fox's, but it didn't stop us from seeing him everywhere.

They should've never canceled the FF, but at least they gave them Secret Wars and a huge comeback.

The Fantastic Four 4 was getting relaunched every other year with diminishing returns anyway, it wasn't helping their brand at all. They were due a break at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    It was a rumor. So we should believe it apparently. I think it was people's collective common sense and fear. People thought that it would be obvious for a company to take advantage of the "free" advertisement the movies, shows, and merch were giving them, and that people would check out the comics after seeing new characters that never really saw the exposure they've ever had, like Captain Marvel. It wasn't so much of a de-emphasize, as much as it was an inclusion and push. Deadpool was Fox's, but it didn't stop us from seeing him everywhere.

They should've never canceled the FF, but at least they gave them Secret Wars and a huge comeback.
    It's not a rumor. It's common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's not a rumor. It's common sense.
    Common sense (in the case you're talking about) and rumors are not facts. Their assumptions and hearsay.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think there are degrees to which Spider-Man can be financially successful.

He doesn't need to be dirt poor but Parker Industries is a bit much.
    This, as soon as I saw the Parker billionaire idea it screamed of temporary and put me right off that launch

Common sense (in the case you're talking about) and rumors are not facts. Their assumptions and hearsay.
    If you think facts are only what people(or worse, corporations) tell you even when their actions directly say otherwise, well, I'm sorry for you.

When the rumors come from people who routinely report rumors that turn out to be true, it's reasonable to assume the other rumors are true.

At a certain point, it isn't reporting rumors, it's reporting with an anonymous source.

Beyond that, Hickman himself confirmed that the FF cancellation was because of the Fox situation. So what you insist on calling "rumor" was at least in part confirmed.

Astonishing Member

When the rumors come from people who routinely report rumors that turn out to be true, it's reasonable to assume the other rumors are true.

At a certain point, it isn't reporting rumors, it's reporting with an anonymous source.

Beyond that, Hickman himself confirmed that the FF cancellation was because of the Fox situation. So what you insist on calling "rumor" was at least in part confirmed.
    Yes I clearly recall him confirming this as so though I don't recall where, but he was very clear on it being true

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Yes I clearly recall him confirming this as so though I don't recall where, but he was very clear on it being true
    I believe it was an interview at Newsarama.

I'm not saying a rumor can't turn out to be true, but if six out of ten rumors are true, you still have four lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    If you think facts are only what people(or worse, corporations) tell you even when their actions directly say otherwise, well, I'm sorry for you.
    If you believe what random people say with nothing that backs them up except people who want it to be true and will find anything to justify a rumor, then I feel sorry for you.

Astonishing Member

I believe it was an interview at Newsarama.
    Yes that's it

Thanks