Page 161 of 181 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2710

I'm fine with Danny Rand getting replaced as Iron Fist. No one ever figured out what to do with him in the past 20 years. I just wished he got a better send-off than Death of the Dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm fine with Danny Rand getting replaced as Iron Fist. No one ever figured out what to do with him in the past 20 years. I just wished he got a better send-off than Death of the Dragon.
    Nothing good, just a classic.
    clean.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Nothing good, just a classic.
    clean.jpg
    I liked Immortal Iron Fist but it works better as an end than a beginning. It made kun lun and the legacy of Iron Fist more interesting than Danny himself. But the latter is because the followup stories wasted Immortal Iron Fist's potential than building on it.

Plus my post never said Danny didn't have good stories in the past 20 years.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-27-2022 at 07:58 AM.

When i was getting my comics this morning to read this afternoon i saw Crossgen and actually got a little excited but when i saw there was no melanin on the cover i skipped right on by it. If anyone else gets it i guess you can tell me if any are inside so i can reevaluate but i'm done giving new books a try that don't give people of color a glance.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I got one. Writers have spent so much time deconstructing characters that they have literally been deconstructing the deconstructions. Now the audience wants the writers to start putting the characters back together...but the writers don't know how or don't want to
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

reading comics today i realize i miss the marvels. it was a very consistent book, the art was great and didn't change and the team was great. It would be so nice if it got a volume 2 and didn't get to be so isloated and more focused with the team that was in it being the Marvels rather than anyone can be a marvel. not really a fan of the looming of team changes which i find is one of my issues with Xmen. i found my groove with the first team and it's like starting over with the second but just not meshing. so maybe the idea that anyone can be on this team any day isn't a good thing. at least for me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I got one. Writers have spent so much time deconstructing characters that they have literally been deconstructing the deconstructions. Now the audience wants the writers to start putting the characters back together...but the writers don't know how or don't want to
    Now this is a major W type of post.

BANNED

The men (and women) who built up the Marvel Universe lived in truly interesting times of human conflict and wars, gender roles/disparities, the sexual revolution, and racial injustices.

The Marvel (and DC) Universe today is a shadow of its former self thanks to creative teams injecting it with their pampered, myopic, self-centered, fragile, and pseudo-intellectual philosophies.

Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post
    The men (and women) who built up the Marvel Universe lived in truly interesting times of human conflict and wars, gender roles/disparities, the sexual revolution, and racial injustices.

The Marvel (and DC) Universe today is a shadow of its former self thanks to creative teams injecting it with their pampered, myopic, self-centered, fragile, and pseudo-intellectual philosophies.
    I wasn't aware racial injustices, human conflicts and gender disparities ceased to exist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I wasn't aware racial injustices, human conflicts and gender disparities ceased to exist.
    The creators experiencing them beyond their keyboards, television screens, and lattes did.

The creators experiencing them beyond their keyboards, television screens, and lattes did.
    Yes the creators who were mostly white, heterosexual men are the ones most likely to experience racism, sexism and other forms of bigotry as opposed to women, minorities, immigrants, trans people etc who are more common among the current crop of writers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yes the creators who were mostly white, heterosexual men are the ones most likely to experience racism, sexism and other forms of bigotry as opposed to women, minorities, immigrants, trans people etc who are more common among the current crop of writers.
    Are you saying that women, minorities, and immigrants weren't among those white, straight males as they created characters the current crop of writers could only make derivatives of with social labels?

Are you saying that women, minorities, and immigrants weren't among those white, straight males as they created characters the current crop of writers could only make derivatives of with social labels?
    People say how Lee, Kirby and Ditko made the marvel U as if they were three WASPs and not two jews who went thru WW2 and an Objectivist weirdo lmao. Damn Woke SJW! Making up heroes who punch Nazies and ^*()@!

Anyway, yeah, antisemitism hasn't gone anywhere, neither has racism etc. Current Marvel's doing...okay as big corp goes at managing diversity among the line.

If you ask me, 90s-early 20s marvel was the actual pits as it came to saying anything politically coherent

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    People say how Lee, Kirby and Ditko made the marvel U as if they were three WASPs and not two jews who went thru WW2 and an Objectivist weirdo lmao. Damn Woke SJW! Making up heroes who punch Nazies and ^*()@!

Anyway, yeah, antisemitism hasn't gone anywhere, neither has racism etc. Current Marvel's doing...okay as big corp goes at managing diversity among the line.

If you ask me, 90s-early 20s marvel was the actual pits as it came to saying anything politically coherent
    Those three creators also served in the US military. I doubt most any of Marvel's current talent has even played Call of Duty.

Those three creators also served in the US military. I doubt most any of Marvel's current talent has even played Call of Duty.
    Tom "Agent of the CIA" King has entered the chat