Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
What other stuff?

What I was annoyed by was how it was Agents of Atlas in name only. There’s nothing wrong with having an Asian team.
The issue wasn't that they were an Asian team. Sure, that has some problems with it, but it's a tried and true method of getting more diversity out into the market. Not perfect, but not bad by itself. The issue is, well, all the other stuff that's came up in the past week. The Blizzard fiasco, Twitter, the NBA, the literal organ harvesting and the whole thing with the Chinese Muslim population, etc.

And the issue isn't Disney trying to break into Asian markets. I mean, why not? Money is great! More comic book readers is great! I like diversity! This isn't against Chinese people or that we just shouldn't have Asian characters or anything.

It's about how Chinese censorship and how Chinese guidelines basically demand propaganda and how that propaganda spreads into media. Are we going to get something in a comic where the characters say, "We have to go to the Chinese city of Taipei for something or other" or are we going to get some line about how the Hong Kong protesters are in the wrong or something. Now, I'm sure if it came down to it, most writers would just try and ignore China and the whole thing when they can, but are we going to get to a point where they can't?