Page 129 of 181 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2711
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Monica Rambeau was more interesting as Captain Marvel than Carol Danvers.
    Finally! We agree on something!

Caucasian Psylocke is better than Asian Psylocke.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Yep, not sure what it is exactly, but there’s something about Monica that felt like a more endearing character than how Carol is written.

Astonishing Member

I totally agree that monica is a much better character

Chip Zdarsky's Daredevil run is a poor attempt at discussing policing in America.

Even before the acquisition of Fox, the X-Men got favoritism that almost no other Marvel property received. Their characters were repeatedly reinvented to attract new audiences and they always got a large line of books no matter how well or poorly they did.

Fantastic Member

Deadpool sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    Deadpool sucks.
    MODERN Deadpool sucks. Back when the fourthwall breaking was kept to a minimum and they weren't afraid to actually show him with some deep rooted mental issues and a vicious nasty streak he was pretty good.

I actually like Marvel lol.
    “Marvel Fan Rave Podcast” on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and more.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    MODERN Deadpool sucks. Back when the fourthwall breaking was kept to a minimum and they weren't afraid to actually show him with some deep rooted mental issues and a vicious nasty streak he was pretty good.
    Good point. Joe Kelly(?) era Deadpool was great. Internet Age pop-culture memePool is infuriating beyond all reason.

I DID thoroughly enjoy Deadpool MAX, come to think.
    Last edited by The_Last_Czarnian; 02-04-2020 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The X-Men(and F4) were banned from appearing in games from 2015 to 2017. Basically, Marvel wouldn't sell new games their license. They also didn't show up in any cartoons or overall promotional material. Even Wanda ended up shelved in the same way despite being on the MCU, because of Fox sharing her movie rights. This is not a "rumor", I was there(here?) while it was happening.
    Wanda didn't appear in stuff because of the cost to use her, not her rights. She was still expensive to use before 2015, because Gazillion paid extra to use her. The only reason she wasn't used more before her movie debut is because she's a classic character. And often only companies familiar with that era of comics were familiar with her and were willing to pay more to use her.

You have to remember, Wanda was not used for a lot of years and never promoted like most characters, until she was in the MCU. A lot of people were not familiar with her outside of a niche group.

When Marvel started the character ban on games, they did not make Gazillion take Wanda out of their new console version. But they restructured their contract to eliminate others, including the F4.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Boisterously Confused

Simon and Kirby having named their creation Captain America rather than something less nationalistic (i.e. Captain Liberty) has placed more constraints on what can be done with the character than it has opened story opportunities for the character.

Simon and Kirby having named their creation Captain America rather than something less nationalistic (i.e. Captain Liberty) has placed more constraints on what can be done with the character than it has opened story opportunities for the character.
    I don't think you're wrong. Didn't they change the name of the first Cap movie to just "First Avenger" in China for fear of America's reputation and standing getting in the way of the box office?

But you know what? I wouldn't change it for anything. I think sometimes we need somebody to remind us, especially if we live here, that the spirit and soul of America isn't a bad thing, even when/if our government is.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I don't think you're wrong. Didn't they change the name of the first Cap movie to just "First Avenger" in China for fear of America's reputation and standing getting in the way of the box office?

But you know what? I wouldn't change it for anything. I think sometimes we need somebody to remind us, especially if we live here, that the spirit and soul of America isn't a bad thing, even when/if our government is.
    I know they made that change in Russia. I don't know about China, but it wouldn't surprise me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Monica Rambeau was more interesting as Captain Marvel than Carol Danvers.
    Not just Captain Marvel, but overall as a character. Monica is way more interesting than Carol.