Page 130 of 181 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2706

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda didn't appear in stuff because of the cost to use her, not her rights. She was still expensive to use before 2015, because Gazillion paid extra to use her. The only reason she wasn't used more before her movie debut is because she's a classic character. And often only companies familiar with that era of comics were familiar with her and were willing to pay more to use her.

You have to remember, Wanda was not used for a lot of years and never promoted like most characters, until she was in the MCU. A lot of people were not familiar with her outside of a niche group.

When Marvel started the character ban on games, they did not make Gazillion take Wanda out of their new console version. But they restructured their contract to eliminate others, including the F4.
    They eliminated only the F4. There were still X-Men on the console version too. They just didn't include the entire PC roster overall at launch.

Sorry but I'm not gonna believe it's a coincidence that Marvel Future Fight didn't include her even when they were doing a Civil War tie-in and we got her replaced by Sharon on TeamCap, and then when they managed to get the X-Men rights, one or two patches later Wanda and Pietro are suddenly released too. Literally every game that didn't have X-Men also didn't have her.

Besides that, why the hell would Marvel make her most expensive and other Avengers cheap? If anything, the more popular characters should be more expensive, the other way around makes no sense.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Ms. Marvel as a title was never one of Marvel's bestselling titles with the most successful being Brian Reed's 2006 run starring Carol Danvers and G. Willow Wilson's 2014 run starring Kamala Khan.

Though Wilson's run had smaller amount of issues (due to MARVEL putting all their titles on hold because of a stupid universe altering event), it seemed to more stable in holding its audience than Reed's run did and Reed's run had more connection to the main Marvel universe than Wilson's 2014 run did, at least judging from how I calculated so I could be wrong especially since that 2014 run did have one overship while the 2006 run didn't so you could comment or correct me on this, I'd appreciate it.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

MY UNPOPULAR MARVEL OPINIONS

- I do not like 2018-2019 West Coast Avengers. Mainly because I dislike those characters - Quentin Quire and Gwenpool shoved down the throats, Kate Bishop has been a completely different character since Fraction, Clint is still the same overshadowed Fraction's Hawkguy, Tigra's appearance is wasted, the superhero reality show gimmick is a slap in the face for anyone who's a fan of New Warriors like me and lastly, the Land-Sharks are too ridiculous as they exist for no damn reason without its origin.

- Squirrel Girl is not funny…at all. Neither are Howard the Duck nor Gwenpool.

- The so-called claims about “Jean Grey dying all the time”? Hello?! There’s Mister Immortal of the Great Lakes Avengers who dies (and revives) more times than her. And Mister Immortal would like to have a word with you

- I cannot stand Mark Waid's or Eve Ewing's Champions. The Champions comic I prefer to read is Jim Zub's version.

- The current Young Avengers is the pale shadow of itself without Patriot, Speed and Stature. And I rather have Patriot than Miss America.

- I frankly do not care about most of the A-List Marvel Superheroes and Supervillains such as Wolverine, Magneto, Professor X, Spider-Man, Captain America, Iron Man, Ant-Man, Scarlet Witch, Hulk, Carol Danvers, Thor, Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Black Widow and Loki. Characters who appear in too many comics mostly puts me off from reading.

- Besides those A-Listers mentioned above, those Marvel characters I find them overrated are Shadowcat, Magik, Squirrel Girl, Gwenpool, Glob Herman, Quentin Quire and America Chavez

- The original 90s CapWolf storyline (the one with Steve Rogers turning into a werewolf from an experiment) is more entertaining than Nick Spencer’s CapWolf revival (that one with Sam Wilson as the werewolf).

- I find Grant Morrison's X-Men overrated for my taste. Morrison-era nostalgia in the recent times also makes me sick. Morrison era is where the X-Men are stuck-up jerks, the annoying Quentin Quire, that Xorn headache, the Magneto-ruled Genosha got wasted, old witch Cassandra Nova, Beast is insufferable, Glob Herman and the overuse of Phoenix Force.

- Magik or Shadowcat should have their own solo books instead. Both of them are always taking up the spotlight and overshadowing the other characters in the team.

- Civil War is garbage. There's nothing entertaining about that so-called "deep" storyline.
    Last edited by MitchFox; 01-07-2021 at 05:04 PM.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Brand New Day/One More Day revitalized Spider-Man for the better. They took what worked with Ultimate Spider-Man and brought into the 616 de-aged Peter and reintroduced a lot of his classic villains.

The consequence ever since removing the marriage of Peter & MJ is a "won't they/will they" dynamic which is way better for story telling. I keep thinking of the show Adventures of Lois & Clark, the chemistry was electric, but the moment they got together it was lost and the show became boring.

When Spencer plays up the will Peter propose to MJ he is doing the classic rom/com trope; which is great.

Also, I really love Bendis and everything he's done with New Avengers he is the godfather of revitalizing old tired franchises.
    Can I respond to this or is this thread just about sharing controversial ideas? Because if so I'm cool, I just wanna know.

Haha nevermind, I just saw that the comment was from more than a year ago

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Haha nevermind, I just saw that the comment was from more than a year ago
    You can still reply if you'd like or offer your own rebuttal.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MitchFox View Post
    MY UNPOPULAR MARVEL OPINIONS
    - I do not like 2018-2019 West Coast Avengers. Mainly because I dislike those characters - Quentin Quire and Gwenpool shoved down the throats, Kate Bishop has been a completely different character since Fraction, Clint is still the same overshadowed Fraction's Hawkguy, Tigra's appearance is wasted, the superhero reality show gimmick is a slap in the face for anyone who's a fan of New Warriors like me and lastly, the Land-Sharks are too ridiculous as they exist for no damn reason without its origin.
    I tend to agree, for the most part. I didn't care for Quentin or Gwenpool. I don't mind Kate. I do miss a more competent Clint, from the Busiek Thunderbolts era, for instance. Although I did like the new characters, Fuse and Alloy, and Jeff the Landshark amuses me. (While other funny animal/beastie sidekicks do not, such a Throgg or Amazing Baby. I have no idea why some, like Jeff the Landshark or Jonathan the Actual Wolverine or Cosmo are funny to me, and others are just annoying. I'm a big hypocrite, I guess!)

Quote Originally Posted by MitchFox View Post
    MY UNPOPULAR MARVEL OPINIONS…
    Maybe it would be shorter to say what you like…

For my part, I don’t read anything that is currently published. I liked past stuff, it was dear to me… but today’s characters are just a shadow of the characters I knew. Nothing remains of what I liked.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member

Mutants need to exist throughout the Marvel 616 universe and not be isolated into the X-Office. I do not mean X-Men...but just mutants. Characters like Justice and Ultra Girl who are mutants but never been on X-Teams need to be on the Avengers or other non-mutant exclusive team. Or a supporting character...for example if there is a new She-Hulk series then Bethany Bellamy https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Betha...my_(Earth-616) needs to be part of it...even if only a a barista at the coffee shop Jen goes to.

As well as mutants who don't like Krakoa.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 01-15-2021 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Brand New Day/One More Day revitalized Spider-Man for the better. They took what worked with Ultimate Spider-Man and brought into the 616 de-aged Peter and reintroduced a lot of his classic villains.

The consequence ever since removing the marriage of Peter & MJ is a "won't they/will they" dynamic which is way better for story telling. I keep thinking of the show Adventures of Lois & Clark, the chemistry was electric, but the moment they got together it was lost and the show became boring.

When Spencer plays up the will Peter propose to MJ he is doing the classic rom/com trope; which is great.

Also, I really love Bendis and everything he's done with New Avengers he is the godfather of revitalizing old tired franchises.
    For one thing, this isn't accurate. What worked for Ultimate Spider-Man was that Peter was a teenager. 616 Spider-Man was an adult they portrayed as a child.

And no, "will they/won't they" writing does not work better for storytelling. That's a myth perpetuated by people who grew up on the Rachel/Ross dynamic from Friends and think that's the be all, end all of relationship writing even though it was one of the worst parts about the show.

Fantastic Member

I don't know if these are unpopular or controversial.

1. All multi-title crossover events suck. They ruin characterization, continuity, everything. I'd rather we be done with them altogether. Maybe one event every 10 years, if there's an exceptional idea.

2. I HATE it when two superheroes meet each other for the first time and immediately fight over some stupid misunderstanding... absolutely HATE it! I takes all my self-control to keep reading after this happens. It's a wonder I still read comics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    I don't know if these are unpopular or controversial.

1. All multi-title crossover events suck. They ruin characterization, continuity, everything. I'd rather we be done with them altogether. Maybe one event every 10 years, if there's an exceptional idea.

2. I HATE it when two superheroes meet each other for the first time and immediately fight over some stupid misunderstanding... absolutely HATE it! I takes all my self-control to keep reading after this happens. It's a wonder I still read comics.
    Word......

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    For one thing, this isn't accurate. What worked for Ultimate Spider-Man was that Peter was a teenager. 616 Spider-Man was an adult they portrayed as a child.

And no, "will they/won't they" writing does not work better for storytelling. That's a myth perpetuated by people who grew up on the Rachel/Ross dynamic from Friends and think that's the be all, end all of relationship writing even though it was one of the worst parts about the show.
    What are you arguing? That since you didn't grow up in that era, you're not nostalgic towards it?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Word......
    Just started with Strange Academy #1... again with the compulsory introductory fights... it sucks the life out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    What are you arguing? That since you didn't grow up in that era, you're not nostalgic towards it?
    I grew up with plenty of media with that type of dynamic. I'm not particularly nostalgic towards them.