Page 133 of 181 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2702

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I don't think she's been wrecked at all tbh, just victim to bad writing which happens to all characters at some point. The X-Men is my franchise of choice but I love Wanda, and it's true that a lot of the fans who can't let Decimation go look incredibly hypocritical when the X-Men have taken in the likes of Wolverine, Emma Frost, Namor, Magneto, Apocalypse, Mystique, Exodus, Frenzy, etc.

I don't really like the "Pretender" stuff either because I prefer the Maximoffs as Magneto's kids, and Wanda fits nicely into the HoX storyline of Moira/Charles/Erik conspiring to have reality warping children. I hope by the time Hickman is done he's re-established Magneto as their father.

My unpopular opinion is that while Marvel (and comics in general) do need to stop pandering to the lowest common denominator AKA social injustice warriors, they barely understand how to write "diverse" characters properly, with rare exceptions. Captain Marvel's books are almost always terrible, I tried to read one and she was fighting stereotypical male chauvinist villains who were telling her to get back into the kitchen, or some other such nonsense. That's not how you write a feminist hero in 2021. It's hamfisted and will turn people off.
    Sure, she's been wrecked. She's never achieved her former status in comics. Ever. Never has been back on the main Avengers, and also never stays in comics for long. Then is gone for more months or even years.

I don't prefer her as Mags kid. If anything that put her down this path. Keep her away from the X-books.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-02-2021 at 12:23 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

The Hulk and The Thing's kids are going to be the most interesting.

I think Kitty/Kate Pryde is a great character and if people dislike her she seriously isn't written for you. She is great representation and honestly let little girls have someone that looks like them. Sorry you don't want to date Kate Pryde she's simply not for you or that reason.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I don't think she's been wrecked at all tbh, just victim to bad writing which happens to all characters at some point. The X-Men is my franchise of choice but I love Wanda, and it's true that a lot of the fans who can't let Decimation go look incredibly hypocritical when the X-Men have taken in the likes of Wolverine, Emma Frost, Namor, Magneto, Apocalypse, Mystique, Exodus, Frenzy, etc.
    I guess their evil is somehow ok?

Quote Originally Posted by irlkittypryde View Post
    I think Kitty/Kate Pryde is a great character and if people dislike her she seriously isn't written for you. She is great representation and honestly let little girls have someone that looks like them. Sorry you don't want to date Kate Pryde she's simply not for you or that reason.
    I never got the love for her character

I think honestly the love for her character or ,for me at least, is seeing someone who not only looked like me/acted like me but also had the same identity/cultural background as me (judaism). It's just refreshing to see yourself in a character. Kitty/Kate is far from a perfect character but she still is near and dear to my heart more or less

I don't think age should be taken into account when coming up with superhero/villain codenames.

Some controversial opinions:

1. I liked Carol and Rhodes together and wouldn't mind if that sticks

2. I vastly prefer whe the Avengers and X Men work together instead of against each other

3. Carol Danvers gets unfair hate and most who call her bland forgive other characters who are arguably just as bland

Extraordinary Member

X-franchise should not complain about "Avengers not helping them" when it's actully franchise tribalism effectively preventing Avengers characters from entering their X-franchise stories and help.
    Like seriously, some X-writers pretty much created their own problems to complain about later.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 03-26-2021 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by irlkittypryde View Post
    I never got the hate for her character. She’s been written poorly before but who hasn’t? I like that she introduced the concept of a young female POV X-Men character.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    X-franchise should not complain about "Avengers not helping them" when it's actully franchise tribalism effectively preventing Avengers characters from entering their X-franchise stories and help.
    Like seriously, some X-writers pretty much created their own problems to complain about later.
    To be fair I think Hickman is teasing us more than blaming the Avengers character but not all X-writers do that Ewing has been more fair with Wanda on his comics and Si Spurrier is doing a story that criticizes Krakoaīs inner life so itīs more a matter of the take certain writers take on the story.

But I will say this, I personally hate the way Aaron and some other writers have been taking parts of the X-men mythos only to missuse them, like the Phoenix, I donīt really see the point of making it Thorīs mother to be honest when the story of Gea being his mom was around for such a long time. That would be my controversial oppinion
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I liked Kitty Pryde when Chris Claremont wrote her. Now that it’s no longer the case… far less.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    So right. It annoys me, because we know they can't be in each franchises so often. Then writers turn it and make avengers look bad for not being there every issue

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    So right. It annoys me, because we know they can't be in each franchises so often. Then writers turn it and make avengers look bad for not being there every issue
    Agree. Also we know x-fans would complain if the Avengers were showing up all the time.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Agree. Also we know x-fans would complain if the Avengers were showing up all the time.
    Maybe not all X-Fans would, but many would.

To me it's kinda stupid to blame in-world characters for out-of-world actions.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I never got the hate for her character. She’s been written poorly before but who hasn’t? I like that she introduced the concept of a young female POV X-Men character.
    Why exactly is she popular?