Page 136 of 181 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2702
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Though Quake didn't change to much, she never went through terrigenesis, her father's dna being messed with activated it. But ya the Toro thing I do see and agree with.
    About Quake...Yes...but she was studied by SHIELD and I would think that Nick Fury would say "...oh...and by the way you have the Inhuman gene which is why you have powers."

But then again...it was Nick Fury...his secrets have secrets.

Galaxies Wanderer

I already apologize for the vent/rant but taking advantage that the subject was mentioned, I'm really trying to figure it out:
    (I will not quote the comment because it is not directed to the person)

How did the Inhumans "push" bothered so many people to get to the point that they are now?
    Because of the Infinity event? King in Black and Enter the Phoenix were events too, but no one spit out poison in all the other comics from the participating groups.
    The problem with the push was The Inhumans? If it were any other group, would everything be okay?
    I would say "if you don't like it, just don't read/look", but I think the internet proves that this has been kinda difficult lately.
    Even though it happened almost 4 years ago and even today people continue to bring it back.

It's like the company puts the group in a problematic situation and the fanbase is hunted down, and in the end the company acts as if it were the fanbase's own fault and leaves them without any content.
    IvX was unnecessary nonsense, DoTI was a scorn and the TV Show had an unfortunate backhistory. But the fanbase deserves to hear "they need to rest for a while" and "someone had to"?

So what is the difficulty, what was/is the real problem?
    I'm relatively new to the fandom but I'm not willing to research for posts and threads from the "push" years, I've had enough toxicity in less than a year.

I don't know if should have created another thread for this subject or if I shouldn't have touched on the subject at all. Anything just ask for deletion and shall be done.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Popular narrative: Not having theatrical rights to the X-Men or even the label "mutants", Marvel pushed the Inhumans as mutant stand-ins, and the more verbal x-fans pushed back.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chocomancer View Post
    I already apologize for the vent/rant but taking advantage that the subject was mentioned, I'm really trying to figure it out:
    (I will not quote the comment because it is not directed to the person)

How did the Inhumans "push" bothered so many people to get to the point that they are now?
    Because of the Infinity event? King in Black and Enter the Phoenix were events too, but no one spit out poison in all the other comics from the participating groups.
    The problem with the push was The Inhumans? If it were any other group, would everything be okay?
    I would say "if you don't like it, just don't read/look", but I think the internet proves that this has been kinda difficult lately.
    Even though it happened almost 4 years ago and even today people continue to bring it back.

It's like the company puts the group in a problematic situation and the fanbase is hunted down, and in the end the company acts as if it were the fanbase's own fault and leaves them without any content.
    IvX was unnecessary nonsense, DoTI was a scorn and the TV Show had an unfortunate backhistory. But the fanbase deserves to hear "they need to rest for a while" and "someone had to"?

So what is the difficulty, what was/is the real problem?
    I'm relatively new to the fandom but I'm not willing to research for posts and threads from the "push" years, I've had enough toxicity in less than a year.

I don't know if should have created another thread for this subject or if I shouldn't have touched on the subject at all. Anything just ask for deletion and shall be done.
    What Ray said? People thought that Marvel was replacing the X-men with the Inhumans, who were getting a push because of Ike because of this fans freaked out and toxic tribalism reared it's head. Eventually, I guess Marvel gave in to those voices and killed most of the Inhumans and put them on ice despite the fact that they actually has a lot of potential even if that potential was never tapped. Which is a pet peeve of mine. If you don't like something, don't kill them off being a jerk to others. Just leave it alone so other people can use. That's something Mark Gruenwald and several writers have said but writers keep doing.

Because it coincided with Mutants getting less investment for marvel. So people thought that the reason was Inhumans.
    No the reason was Marvel not having the rights for movies, so they gave spotlight to Avengers and later for Inhumans.

Marvel never used Inhumans as stand ins for Inhumans, they are different franchise and characters. Of course like on Agents of shield the Inhumans were used to explain people with superpowers. They couldnt use mutants and not everyone could be a experiment.

Some x-men fans are still mad o Avenges getting spotlight.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Your not the only one.
    Good to know, guys

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Because it coincided with Mutants getting less investment for marvel. So people thought that the reason was Inhumans.
    No the reason was Marvel not having the rights for movies, so they gave spotlight to Avengers and later for Inhumans.

Marvel never used Inhumans as stand ins for Inhumans, they are different franchise and characters. Of course like on Agents of shield the Inhumans were used to explain people with superpowers. They couldnt use mutants and not everyone could be a experiment.

Some x-men fans are still mad o Avenges getting spotlight.
    Makes it both stupid and funny since there were Mutant books coming out 5 (7 depending on someone's view on where one places Deadpool). The F4 had no books and while their fans were upset they were not toxic to others.

I find it funny that people like to point the finger at the toxic x-fans, but ignore all the problems that Marvel itself created. I've been reading x-books for over 25 years, and I've NEVER been interested in any other Marvel character, but I never hated them. I think it's cool the shared universe and the moments when the X characters shared with others.

But it all starts with Marvel using an Avengers writer and Wanda, an Avengers character, to make Decimation. Soon after, not satisfied, they put the LOVED Avengers against the TERRIBLE X-Men, with the scene of Thor punching a child to kidnap another. Cyclops becomes a terrorist and the worst person on earth. The x-fans, even those who had nothing against the rest of the Marvel universe, at that point were already tired. The terrigen cloud was the icing on the cake.

The reaction of many x-fans (as well as many other fanatics) may have been terribly extreme, but it was the result of the accumulation of all these editorial decisions. They could promote Avengers and Inhumans without involving the X-Men. Or putting them as allies instead of always turning mutants into the worst people.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Anyone who says marvel was not trying to replace the Mutants with the Inhumans is lying to themselves. I have been reading comics for 4 decades and I have never see Marvel push anything as hard as they did the Inhumans. They put them in every book and kept launching one failed title after another trying to make them catch on. The amount of time and money they put into trying to make the Inhumans catch on is staggering. In the end it failed and the Inhumans push was totally dead when Marvel got the film rights back.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Anyone who says marvel was not trying to replace the Mutants with the Inhumans is lying to themselves. I have been reading comics for 4 decades and I have never see Marvel push anything as hard as they did the Inhumans. They put them in every book and kept launching one failed title after another trying to make them catch on. The amount of time and money they put into trying to make the Inhumans catch on is staggering. In the end it failed and the Inhumans push was totally dead when Marvel got the film rights back.
    And in the process made mutants and Inhumans loose a lot of relevance. IMHO, of course.

Peace

Ultimate Member

I don't see how they can't both be made relevant now.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Makes it both stupid and funny since there were Mutant books coming out 5 (7 depending on someone's view on where one places Deadpool). The F4 had no books and while their fans were upset they were not toxic to others.
    Well put. This is how I see it as well.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-06-2021 at 02:27 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I think they should legitimately give Spiderman/Human Torch a chance.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Popular narrative: Not having theatrical rights to the X-Men or even the label "mutants", Marvel pushed the Inhumans as mutant stand-ins, and the more verbal x-fans pushed back.
    JDW recently said on an interview that sometimes there are commercial reasons to have "everyone be a mutant" and sometimes it makes sense for not having other characters be mutants and that movie rights definitely had something to do with this but that them as creatives donīt like to talk about it because itīs not really part of creating a story.

So yes I guess the push in favor of inhumans was done in part because of it, they had the rights to the inhumans at the time not the X-men but I think it would have worked if they didnīt made sure to use stories in which literally the inhuman gas that makes more inhumans appear kills mutants and keep the narrative that the mutants are the problem. I think thatīs what really worked to push down the inhumanīs franchise not the X-men fans reaction to it.

Marvel could have developed the inhumans mythos from the silver age, do sequel from the War of Kings, have a story with the Kree or the Skrulls, etc but nah they had to put them in a war with the X-men, sigh a lost opportunity because them getting along makes a lot of sense and I wish marvel did something with them again.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    JDW recently said on an interview that sometimes there are commercial reasons to have "everyone be a mutant" and sometimes it makes sense for not having other characters be mutants and that movie rights definitely had something to do with this but that them as creatives donīt like to talk about it because itīs not really part of creating a story.

So yes I guess the push in favor of inhumans was done in part because of it, they had the rights to the inhumans at the time not the X-men but I think it would have worked if they didnīt made sure to use stories in which literally the inhuman gas that makes more inhumans appear kills mutants and keep the narrative that the mutants are the problem. I think thatīs what really worked to push down the inhumanīs franchise not the X-men fans reaction to it.

Marvel could have developed the inhumans mythos from the silver age, do sequel from the War of Kings, have a story with the Kree or the Skrulls, etc but nah they had to put them in a war with the X-men, sigh a lost opportunity because them getting along makes a lot of sense and I wish marvel did something with them again.
    I do wonder if instead of killing the Mutants that if Marvel just had them doing there own thing away from the rest, and just had the Inhumans interacting more with the rest of the Marvel universe if things would have been more different. Because with the books they had they were able to do an X event, and then have a X Civil War 2 mini. Essentionally the Inhumans and Mutants would trade places with Mutant comics being more self containted and the Inhumans being more front and center with the rest of the more vocal Marvel. But no one was dying.