Page 139 of 181 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2706

That too.
    I think they both have deep history to them.

Blade should not be able to turn into a bat
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Did he recently get that power?

Astonishing Member

I think its time for the mainline Marvel books to follow in the footsteps of the cosmic and X-books and break with the status quo permenantly.

Leave "the World outside your window" behind and move forward. yes, it'll almost certainly end up being some dystopian cyberpunk hellhole but at least theres less room to reverse storylines on a writers whim

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I thought that was Joe Fixit mocking him

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Did he recently get that power?
    No, not really, but Tracks and I have been arguing about it recently. It's only ever happened twice under very dubious circumstances.

The first instance was in Uncanny Avengers back in 2014. Mojo created this faux team, the Avengers of the Supernatural, and Blade turns into a Bat in one panel. I've always dismissed that scene because we don't know if those were the actual characters or even the normal 616 reality. Doctor Strange and others weren't operating as themselves. The very nature of Mojo and that story implies it was abnormal for Blade. He has never acted this way, fought this way, before or since (at least until Jason Aaron)

The J-man

Then the only other instance is Jason Aaron's Heroes Reborn.
    Jason Aaron had him randomly turn into a bat in Heroes Reborn #2 when he swept Cap away from Hyperion. We know this isn't the 616 reality.

So to me, he doesn't have that power and shouldn't have that power.

As seen in other instances (Thank you Al Ewing)

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I think its time for the mainline Marvel books to follow in the footsteps of the cosmic and X-books and break with the status quo permenantly.

Leave "the World outside your window" behind and move forward. yes, it'll almost certainly end up being some dystopian cyberpunk hellhole but at least theres less room to reverse storylines on a writers whim
    Considering the "World Outside Your Window" was just New York there is no need to be that drastic. Just try to show the rest of the USA and the world.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post

Considering the "World Outside Your Window" was just New York there is no need to be that drastic. Just try to show the USA and the rest of the world.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

Maybe these super geniuses can apply their knowledge beyond fighting villains, which they do to some extent, but the world is still mostly the same

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Maybe these super geniuses can apply their knowledge beyond fighting villains, which they do to some extent, but the world is still mostly the same
    Tony has always tried to make the world a better place, but when he works towards it some villain comes along and he has to stop. That’s what The Eneviatable was about.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Tony has always tried to make the world a better place, but when he works towards it some villain comes along and he has to stop. That’s what The Eneviatable was about.
    That's true. I like that aspect about Tony. But it seems Marvel might be averse to seeing any permanent effects of the super geniuses' science and technology, so that's why these villains are inevitable. I'd like a story arc with any of the super smart characters just seeing how their knowledge can affect humanity, for better or worse, without immediately dealing with a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    That's true. I like that aspect about Tony. But it seems Marvel might be averse to seeing any permanent effects of the super geniuses' science and technology, so that's why these villains are inevitable. I'd like a story arc with any of the super smart characters just seeing how their knowledge can affect humanity, for better or worse, without immediately dealing with a villain.
    I've always wanted to see a story or arc like that as well. Just to show what an amazing impact it would have on the world when they can jus focus on that area.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Ultimate Member

I wouldn't mind seeing what it's like to work at Stark Enterprises. It seems logical that the job would be both a techie paradise / dream job, and yet also a nightmare as Stark himself is a terrible CEO, whose company goes bankrupt / gets hostile takeovered every couple of years. I could see some Stark fan finally getting their foot in the door, only to find out that Stane took over the company last week, and having to work under that chucklehead for a few weeks before Tony arrives and re-takes over Stark Enterprises, only to fire all the 'Stane hires' which happens to include a few people who had applied while Stark was still in charge, and just not been hired before the nameplate changed on the CEO door...

"Yeah, I got my dream job at Stark Enterprises, for like, two weeks, when some other dude was in charge. The only interaction I've had with Tony Stark was when he fired me. Then I got a job at Project Pegasus working on those Guardsman armors, and a month later Iron Man showed up and wrecked them all, because somebody somewhere stole some of his tech, so he was going on a rampage and nuking everything he'd ever sold, even to the government! Then I got a job at SHIELD, which was cool for awhile. Then he became Director and I saved time and fired myself (just in time, apparently the next Director, Norman Osbourne, was even worse!). I now work for AIM. You'd be surprised how many Stark Enterprises alums I bump into in the break room..."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I've always wanted to see a story or arc like that as well. Just to show what an amazing impact it would have on the world when they can jus focus on that area.
    Someone like Tony Stark, Hank Pym or even Peter Parker could work in a story like that. Or even T'Challa seeing how Wakandan influence affects others. It doesn't have to be a mega impact; it could be more personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing what it's like to work at Stark Enterprises. It seems logical that the job would be both a techie paradise / dream job, and yet also a nightmare as Stark himself is a terrible CEO, whose company goes bankrupt / gets hostile takeovered every couple of years. I could see some Stark fan finally getting their foot in the door, only to find out that Stane took over the company last week, and having to work under that chucklehead for a few weeks before Tony arrives and re-takes over Stark Enterprises, only to fire all the 'Stane hires' which happens to include a few people who had applied while Stark was still in charge, and just not been hired before the nameplate changed on the CEO door...

"Yeah, I got my dream job at Stark Enterprises, for like, two weeks, when some other dude was in charge. The only interaction I've had with Tony Stark was when he fired me. Then I got a job at Project Pegasus working on those Guardsman armors, and a month later Iron Man showed up and wrecked them all, because somebody somewhere stole some of his tech, so he was going on a rampage and nuking everything he'd ever sold, even to the government! Then I got a job at SHIELD, which was cool for awhile. Then he became Director and I saved time and fired myself (just in time, apparently the next Director, Norman Osbourne, was even worse!). I now work for AIM. You'd be surprised how many Stark Enterprises alums I bump into in the break room..."
    Haha, that could be a dark comedy

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

This sounds like a fun miniseries. If anything just dust off an obscure tech-based character like the Hornet and just have them as the lead.

My own addition to the thread was I enjoyed the Inhumans push in both comics and TV show. The exception was the actual TV show which is ironic.

I don't support what happened to the mutants during that time. The terrigen cloud was bad business/forced drama etc.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-29-2021 at 09:40 AM.