Page 141 of 181 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2706

I could see it being extremely easy to write a Cyclops vs Black Bolt story, almost tantalizingly easy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I think if the Inhumans movie ever took off, we would've got an Avengers versus Inhumans story eventually. In hindsight, an Avengers versus Inhumans story is easier to pitch. I don't think the Inhumans would ever be close to the Avengers. In hindsight alot of the Hickmam stuff for the X-men feel like they could've worked for the Inhumans.
    I guess it depends on the roster. Crystal having been on the main team, and Medusa being on A-Force. That is just the Royals who have been Avengers.

I'm not sure how unpopular this is because I know Gwen Stacy is a divisive character, but she never should've been created in the first place. They should have just sent Liz Allan off to college with Peter and had her in Gwen's role. It would've made for a better romance. The only good thing about Gwen Stacy is George Stacy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I'm not sure how unpopular this is because I know Gwen Stacy is a divisive character, but she never should've been created in the first place. They should have just sent Liz Allan off to college with Peter and had her in Gwen's role. It would've made for a better romance. The only good thing about Gwen Stacy is George Stacy.
    And then killed her off, I presume?

I've said the same thing for years. In her early appearances Gwen is indistinguishable from Liz in personality.

Spider-man's rogues gallery is overrated. Most of them are either mobsters (hammerhead, silvermane), animal themed thugs (rhino, scorpion) or crazies (green goblin, carnage) and I find them hardly appealing. It's actually quite similar to Batman's rogues which I also find overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Spider-man's rogues gallery is overrated. Most of them are either mobsters (hammerhead, silvermane), animal themed thugs (rhino, scorpion) or crazies (green goblin, carnage) and I find them hardly appealing. It's actually quite similar to Batman's rogues which I also find overrated.
    Just out of curiosity, what do you consider a good rogues gallery?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what do you consider a good rogues gallery?
    I think Thor and FF have really good villains. Over at DC Superman and GL are pretty great and they are often overlooked in my opinion. Sinestro is right up there with Doom as my favorite villains.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I've said the same thing for years. In her early appearances Gwen is indistinguishable from Liz in personality.
    No offense, but aren't most Silver Age female characters poorly written?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    No offense, but aren't most Silver Age female characters poorly written?
    Without taking on a topic that broad, Liz, Betty and MJ all had pretty different personalities from each other. In her early appearances Gwen is not only behaving just as Liz had, she's hanging out with the same popular crows Liz ran with, having the same dialogue of putting down Peter while secretly fascinated by him. But it's not even just her personality but the role she filled in the story that's the same. Gwen did develop differently, but even then I found her personality changes abrupt and forced.

Ultimate Member

Without taking on a topic that broad, Liz, Betty and MJ all had pretty different personalities from each other. In her early appearances Gwen is not only behaving just as Liz had, she's hanging out with the same popular crows Liz ran with, having the same dialogue of putting down Peter while secretly fascinated by him. But it's not even just her personality but the role she filled in the story that's the same. Gwen did develop differently, but even then I found her personality changes abrupt and forced.
    That's true, they did have different personalities. Maybe I just find Silver Age stuff hard to get through concerning female characters. So I don't totally recall similarities between Gwen and Liz

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    And then killed her off, I presume?
    Yeah, exactly. The early Gwen issues where she's mad at Peter for not noticing her and then falls for him would instead be Peter and Liz reconnecting as college students and then getting together officially. Then you'd have the relationship/dual identity drama, then Green Goblin would kill her.

I kind of take back what I said about Gwen, though. I did like her telling off Aunt May for having an unhealthy attachment to Peter.

This is especially true with Flash. When he comes back from overseas, all of a sudden he and Gwen are old friends and their friendship is a key factor in creating the friendship between Flash and Peter. It would make more sense if that were Liz.

I kind of take back what I said about Gwen, though. I did like her telling off Aunt May for having an unhealthy attachment to Peter.
    Telling an old woman who has only her nephew that she is strongly attached to him?

Easier to say it to Aunt May than saying to Peter that he has an unhealthy attachment to his aunt…
    Last edited by Zelena; 07-05-2021 at 10:57 PM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Telling an old woman who has only her nephew that she is strongly attached to him?

Easier to say it to Aunt May than saying to Peter that he has an unhealthy attachment to his aunt…
    You're honestly right.

For all the "responsibility" Peter has to people, it doesn't really feel like he actually likes any of them, Aunt May included. They're just burdens to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post

I don't see the attachment between them as unhealthy. She raised him. She is for all intents and purposes the only mother he ever knew, and their relationship is much more like a mother and son. If anything Peter stands out as being well developed for having a close family bond in a genre full of orphans and loners.