Page 144 of 181 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2709

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    I’ve never understood why fans are resistant to characters aging, retiring, or dying off. I’d love to see Peter Parker in his 30’s. I get loving the characters but I love great storytelling more. I guess I would prefer characters have more progression and then an eventual end. I know old comics kept a status quo but there was a younger audience then and more turnover. One thing I like about the MCU is that characters will have endings and be replaced. I’d be pissed if they one day rebooted and we had Tony Stark again.
    Well, Peter practically is in his 30's these days...

I think endings in media work better in comics because in comics other creators will probably always want to put their stamp on iconic characters and develop their world in their own way. At least in my opinion.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Peter practically is in his 30's these days...

I think endings in media work better in comics because in comics other creators will probably always want to put their stamp on iconic characters and develop their world in their own way. At least in my opinion.
    Can't they still do that if the characters are older? And why not try to create new icons too?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Can't they still do that if the characters are older? And why not try to create new icons too?
    Would they have to show that age? Does the age really matter?

New characters are great but it's harder for them to make an impact.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Would they have to show that age? Does the age really matter?

New characters are great but it's harder for them to make an impact.
    Because people are too attached to the older ones.

Black Cat > MJ. Self serving but deep down good Black Cat is a much more interesting character compared to the girl next door MJ. Besides both being people with 2 lives Black Cat and Spidey understand each other in a way that I don't think MJ can. I don't like seeing Spidey saving the day while MJ worrying about him back at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Black Cat > MJ. Self serving but deep down good Black Cat is a much more interesting character compared to the girl next door MJ. Besides both being people with 2 lives Black Cat and Spidey understand each other in a way that I don't think MJ can. I don't like seeing Spidey saving the day while MJ worrying about him back at home.

Felicia does not understand Peter more than MJ and this is canonically proven. Primarily, because Felicia did not (at first) want to understand why Peter did not want to be Spider-Man 24/7.

Ultimate Member

You can go two routes-

Archie-where nobody ages

Dr Who-do the final stories for Peter and company. Let Miles and others age. However you can still do books featuring the younger Peter. We have seen Dr Who 1-12 come and go yet they are still doing new stories with them in comics.

Same with Star Trek.

Just leave certain events vague like who is President of the United States unless you have to like something like Puerto Rico becoming the 51st state.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I don't get the appeal of Black Cat that much.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You can go two routes-

Archie-where nobody ages

Dr Who-do the final stories for Peter and company. Let Miles and others age. However you can still do books featuring the younger Peter. We have seen Dr Who 1-12 come and go yet they are still doing new stories with them in comics.

Same with Star Trek.

Just leave certain events vague like who is President of the United States unless you have to like something like Puerto Rico becoming the 51st state.
    I guess so but how much longer are people going to be obsessed with young Peter?

Ultimate Member

I guess so but how much longer are people going to be obsessed with young Peter?
    There's always a new generation coming into the market. Should they be denied a Bat-Bruce or a Spider-Peter because we old fogies remember him being a twenty-something forty years ago?

I'm okay with letting the timeline be flexible, and Peter's 'twenty-or thirty-somethings' lasting my entire life. I don't need him to age in a 'realistic' manner when he doesn't do anything else in a 'realistic' manner.

This way, the next generation can have him to.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    There's always a new generation coming into the market. Should they be denied a Bat-Bruce or a Spider-Peter because we old fogies remember him being a twenty-something forty years ago?

I'm okay with letting the timeline be flexible, and Peter's 'twenty-or thirty-somethings' lasting my entire life. I don't need him to age in a 'realistic' manner when he doesn't do anything else in a 'realistic' manner.

This way, the next generation can have him to.
    What's being denied? Maybe new generations want new characters. I came into comics long after these characters showed up and I don't want the same thing for 20 years

Why in the name of the Living Tribunal do Morbius and Mobius have absolutely no connection?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Why in the name of the Living Tribunal do Morbius and Mobius have absolutely no connection?
    Should they?

Astonishing Member

What's being denied? Maybe new generations want new characters. I came into comics long after these characters showed up and I don't want the same thing for 20 years
    It's too late to change. It's been this way for 50+ years now.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    It's too late to change. It's been this way for 50+ years now.
    It's never too late, but Marvel may believe it is

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Should they?
    Even if just as an in-joke, yes. Hell, this feels like the kind of thing Deadpool gets off on.