Page 145 of 181 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2711

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Why in the name of the Living Tribunal do Morbius and Mobius have absolutely no connection?
    Because there is no reason for them to? Morbius is a vampire created by a science accident and Mobius is some kind of monster that feeds particular people with animal motifs. The connection would be flimsy at best.

Kind of a lame answer. Did we need reminding what thread this is?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Even if just as an in-joke, yes. Hell, this feels like the kind of thing Deadpool gets off on.
    It just feels like a gag. They have similar names so people confuse them?

They have almost identical names. Deadpool and Spider-Man riff off the fact that they vaguely look like each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    I’ve never understood why fans are resistant to characters aging, retiring, or dying off. I’d love to see Peter Parker in his 30’s. I get loving the characters but I love great storytelling more. I guess I would prefer characters have more progression and then an eventual end. I know old comics kept a status quo but there was a younger audience then and more turnover. One thing I like about the MCU is that characters will have endings and be replaced. I’d be pissed if they one day rebooted and we had Tony Stark again.
    Has anyone read Spider-Man Life Story? I like the idea of going through Peter's career as Spider-Man aged naturally, but I haven't checked out that series yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    There's always a new generation coming into the market. Should they be denied a Bat-Bruce or a Spider-Peter because we old fogies remember him being a twenty-something forty years ago?

I'm okay with letting the timeline be flexible, and Peter's 'twenty-or thirty-somethings' lasting my entire life. I don't need him to age in a 'realistic' manner when he doesn't do anything else in a 'realistic' manner.

This way, the next generation can have him to.
    That's a good way to go because then you're stuck with legacy characters whose origins are tied with the original. It muddies the waters

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Has anyone read Spider-Man Life Story? I like the idea of going through Peter's career as Spider-Man aged naturally, but I haven't checked out that series yet.

That's a good way to go because then you're stuck with legacy characters whose origins are tied with the original. It muddies the waters
    I mean, Marvel adapted Carol Danvers by herself. Every adaptation of Jamie Reyes mentions Ted Kord. And we can always go the Ant-man Stargirl route where the originals are part of the current story.
    Last edited by Alpha; 07-11-2021 at 06:37 PM.

Astonishing Member

I get wanting to hold on to the characters as they are as they build something up, but at the same time the idea of legacy can do wonders as well. We see stories where the heroes of the past are honoured but it coming to that naturally would be great as well. Now I know 1 IRL Year = 1 Marvel Year would not, and should not be a thing. But maybe 5 IRL Years = 1 Marvel Year could work.

Also I do not know if this is considered Controversial or not but all comicbooks being made should start off as minis (5 issues) and if it is considered a success upgrade to 7 more, with then before the final 3 months have Marvel then say if it will be going on or not for another 12 before the next decide and repeat. But ya comics life spans being more like a tv show. I feel this would allow writers to write their story and fit what they need to planned ahead, as well let readers know it will or it won't be going on definitely.

Ultimate Member

Considering how slowly a lot of heroes age just due to their powers, even 1 to 1 years isn't really a bad idea

Spectacular Member

I don't think there needs to be a strictly followed definition where one year real time = ___ years comic time, but I would like it if characters were allowed to organically grow as time goes on. The way comics are written these days, Dick Grayson would never have become Nightwing and Scott Lang would never have been allowed to become Ant-Man full-time.

Keeping things static means that Scott Summers has been married twice, had a son, had another significant romantic relationship with Emma, somehow become recognised as one of the best leaders in the Marvel Universe, and become an intricate part in the formation of two separate mutant countries before he even turned 30. He would have to have been married to Maddie for at least 9 months for Nate to have been born, that doesn't leave a whole lot of time to fit in everything else that came afterwards. It reduces the impact of every individual life-changing event when you have to place them in the context of the characters being eternally in their early 20s....and it means you get stuck with things like the New Mutants who are never gonna get to be real grown-up superheroes for any length of time but are too experienced to be written as dumb kids anymore so they're just in this weird limbo (as opposed to Limbo) and all the wallpaper teens littering Krakoa because every writer rightfully wants to create their own characters while the characters who came before them aren't allowed to get any older.

I would like to see Jubilee in her mid/late 20s by now as a single mother. I'd like to see Reed and Sue Richards move on from being actively involved in the FF's daily activities while Johnny has to put up with Franklin being the impulsive hot-head on the FF now. Steve Rogers could have been running SHIELD or be President now. Letting characters grow doesn't always mean they have to disappear, but they should be able to evolve into new roles so we don't just keep telling the same stories over and over again.

Ultimate Member

Exactly. Refusing to allow characters to grow puts everybody into this weird limbo

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Felicia does not understand Peter more than MJ and this is canonically proven. Primarily, because Felicia did not (at first) want to understand why Peter did not want to be Spider-Man 24/7.
    I know in the past Black Cat was in love with the alter ego not Peter but that isn't the case now. I just don't get the appeal of MJ. A superhero having a civilian love interest doesn't work for me. I'm one of those weirdos who liked Superman-Wonder Woman pairing during New 52.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Felicia does not understand Peter more than MJ and this is canonically proven. Primarily, because Felicia did not (at first) want to understand why Peter did not want to be Spider-Man 24/7.
    The thing is
    1)exaggeration
    2)They show her come to terms with why he keeps a civilian identity and they grow to understand one another which made for an amazing story and overarching arc
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 07-12-2021 at 03:09 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    There's always a new generation coming into the market. Should they be denied a Bat-Bruce or a Spider-Peter because we old fogies remember him being a twenty-something forty years ago?

I'm okay with letting the timeline be flexible, and Peter's 'twenty-or thirty-somethings' lasting my entire life. I don't need him to age in a 'realistic' manner when he doesn't do anything else in a 'realistic' manner.

This way, the next generation can have him to.
    This.All of this.

We can have alt. universes to show they age.

Peter should age to like 35-40.Peter can get like 3-4 decades plus of stories in adulthood easy.
    Bruce has stayed the same age for a while and no one complains because that's his peak.It works. Again he's been like this for like 50+ years so him getting older for a bit I can see.

I never understand people that say that Miles is the spider-man of the new generation and Fox is the new batman.Like if they aged like real time we may never have gotten to see Peter and Bruce.The next gen deserves to see them as well.

Not saying don't have them but specially for Miles put him back in the 1610 verse, when it comes back.We can have both.

But og's have proved their amazing and her to stay.Let's not rob the next gen.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I know in the past Black Cat was in love with the alter ego not Peter but that isn't the case now. I just don't get the appeal of MJ. A superhero having a civilian love interest doesn't work for me. I'm one of those weirdos who liked Superman-Wonder Woman pairing during New 52.
    Don't agree on the Super-man thing but do on the MJ.
    I love MJ but I do think she would and should in continuity die after their marriage and the birth of their kid(a couple years after).

Also Spidey logically feels like he would age slower than most so that's a factor(for me).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I don't like the idea of Wonder Woman dating Superman as it would reduce her to a supporting cast member in Superman's story.

Black Cat I could get behind, but I'm not really feeling it. She's too much of a mistress than a straight-up relationship for Peter. She ironically had a healthier relationship with Flash in my opinion.