Page 146 of 181 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2711
    Ultimate Member

What is even the appeal of Black Cat & Spider-Man together?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Safe relationships are generally considered boring. Also since Felicia has super powers and other skills, she can follow Spidey during missions without it seeming stupid or reckless.

The fact that she's hot really doesn't even need to be stated.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Safe relationships are generally considered boring. Also since Felicia has super powers and other skills, she can follow Spidey during missions without it seeming stupid or reckless.

The fact that she's hot really doesn't even need to be stated.
    While I see the appeal of her being able to handle things on her own, I almost prefer safe relationships because I don't like too much relationship drama and any toxicity. And hotness is an overrated concept. That actually bugs me about the relationship

Extraordinary Member

While I see the appeal of her being able to handle things on her own, I almost prefer safe relationships because I don't like too much relationship drama and any toxicity. And hotness is an overrated concept. That actually bugs me about the relationship
    Bruh it's safer with cat.She has bad luck powers as well.And Current Cat doesn't have much drama and toxicity.
    And like MJ ain't hot.Bruh Peter is hot as well.
    It's a factor when dating.Not the reason you date someone but a definite plus.
    And you seem to have a real problem with attractive people.You don't want MJ to be hot, you have a problem if Black Cat is hot...
    Why though?Like a supermodel and a vigilante type would both be physically fit and they have good looks.I don't see the problem.
    Is this just a female thing with you or do you not like attractive people in general?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Has anyone read Spider-Man Life Story? I like the idea of going through Peter's career as Spider-Man aged naturally, but I haven't checked out that series yet.

I did, it was ok. It was a solid comic, but it sort of felt like just another comic. I felt they missed an opportunity to say something profound about aging and raising a family or making a comment about the superhero genre. It could have been Peter's "Dark Knight Returns" but instead it was like one of the better issues of What If.

Exclamation

Because she is sexy. She only likes Spider-man but not Peter, it won't work at all more than few hook ups.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Because she is sexy. She only likes Spider-man but not Peter, it won't work at all more than few hook ups.
    Again that was an arc they did.She understood why he was also Peter and also likes it now.
    Read the recent comics.They do this well in ASM 16.HU

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Bruh it's safer with cat.She has bad luck powers as well.And Current Cat doesn't have much drama and toxicity.
    And like MJ ain't hot.Bruh Peter is hot as well.
    It's a factor when dating.Not the reason you date someone but a definite plus.
    And you seem to have a real problem with attractive people.You don't want MJ to be hot, you have a problem if Black Cat is hot...
    Why though?Like a supermodel and a vigilante type would both be physically fit and they have good looks.I don't see the problem.
    Is this just a female thing with you or do you not like attractive people in general?
    I have a problem with characters always being drawn as sexy as if that's the most important thing. You must've seen how some of it gets out of control. But Black Cat always seemed like some male driven fantasy idea to me, in terms of her and Peter as a couple

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    So why would anyone ship them further than that?

Extraordinary Member

I have a problem with characters always being drawn as sexy as if that's the most important thing. You must've seen how some of it gets out of control. But Black Cat always seemed like some male driven fantasy idea to me, in terms of her and Peter as a couple
    Yeah I can understand what you are saying.Some people go a little too far in Art.
    Again she is a femme fatale type like Black Widow etc. which isn't a bad thing.That is a type that exists and shouldn't be shunned for it.
    She is pretty and very flirty.But they have given her heaps of character development.And she is bi , not really a fantasy anymore.
    Although even earlier she was more than just fantasy, she was a thrill-seeker.She liked Spider-man and not Peter, they showed her change and grow.
    She and Pete as a couple have much more than just hot, even in their later comics they aren't dating but are still great friends and she's still flirty.

I do think we could use more love interests that aren't hot.The thing that would make more sense is with someone like DD.Aside from having MJ and Black cat which are very popular ships, we already got Carlie who was pretty but not hot(at least many artists didn't draw her that way, some always find a way).And a playboy like DD who has kinda always had a thing for looks(I mean some of his comics are weird af) and has always been s*x positive seems like a better draw.

Extraordinary Member

So why would anyone ship them further than that?
    It would.
    Read their recent stuff, they are so much more than just hook-ups.

It would.
    I will always be grateful to Spencer for fixing what Slott broke. That Queenpin stuff was horrible.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I will always be grateful to Spencer for fixing what Slott broke. That Queenpin stuff was horrible.
    Word.It was a bad idea and executed even worse.
    I loved Peter revealing his identity to her again and the ramifications.

Ultimate Member

Yeah I can understand what you are saying.Some people go a little too far in Art.
    Again she is a femme fatale type like Black Widow etc. which isn't a bad thing.That is a type that exists and shouldn't be shunned for it.
    She is pretty and very flirty.But they have given her heaps of character development.And she is bi , not really a fantasy anymore.
    Although even earlier she was more than just fantasy, she was a thrill-seeker.She liked Spider-man and not Peter, they showed her change and grow.
    She and Pete as a couple have much more than just hot, even in their later comics they aren't dating but are still great friends and she's still flirty.

I do think we could use more love interests that aren't hot.The thing that would make more sense is with someone like DD.Aside from having MJ and Black cat which are very popular ships, we already got Carlie who was pretty but not hot(at least many artists didn't draw her that way, some always find a way).And a playboy like DD who has kinda always had a thing for looks(I mean some of his comics are weird af) and has always been s*x positive seems like a better draw.
    I guess I just think the femme fatale is a bit cliche. Maybe it's not for me. I'm not usually into playboy type characters either

It would.
    Ok. I just always thought they were doomed to failure, because relationships aren't permanent anyway, so why get invested? Plus, it seems Peter dates every woman he meets. It would be nice if he could just be friends with one of them

Extraordinary Member

I guess I just think the femme fatale is a bit cliche. Maybe it's not for me. I'm not usually into playboy type characters either

Ok. I just always thought they were doomed to failure, because relationships aren't permanent anyway, so why get invested? Plus, it seems Peter dates every woman he meets. It would be nice if he could just be friends with one of them
    I feel that.I don't like it much either.But I won't say change the character who is that thing, just means get invested in other ones.

Yeah.But that's comics nothing is permanent and everything is.
    Not really, we have met a few of them that he has no romantic interests with.
    Sajini is one that comes to mind in recent years.
    That and introducing new characters when Spidey already has such a full roster makes little sense.

That and it's a find of running joke he lowkey has great game(flash and harry talk in Spider-man blue about how he has game amongst other places).I mean he's super smart, kind-hearted and physically fit(I mean he's technically ripped af but I guess he hides it well enough to pass of as works out a bit), and great in bed(from what Black Cat and MJ have said) and that is just as Peter Parker.
    As Spider-man , it makes it tough to compete with him.

Both Carol and Sable want him too.They don't show it going anywhere because it's a Spider-man comic and they want to keep him as a guy who has girl troubles when he clearly doesn't.I bet he slept them tbh.

Yeah for a "nerd" he seems to have no problem dating wise.
    Look at Spectacular Spider-man.He's still geeky but girls low-key dig him.

Which is cool.I think it makes sense that he grew up to be confident.
    I mean having him be unconfident his entire life sends a bad message.He got better at talking to people through high school and specially after, and socializing and that's a great thing.
    I love that they show him being more comfortable taking to people and it's no surprise when people get to know him even a little they like him.Most of the readers do too.