Page 15 of 181 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jazzflower92 View Post
    I hate the time stable loops created by Loki.

I also dislike his retconned backstory where he arranges himself to be adopted by Odin. I preferred the older backstory because it was much more heartwarming.

I think the writers are writing too many time travel involved instances with Loki.

It is getting rather contrived.
    Agree and disagree with one. The stable loops might be what gets the gods through all this Secret wars stuff that's going on. The World Tree must be uprooting with all the cosmic entities dying off and the like. They may be helpful later on.

Agreeing on the story thing. I find it really odd that he would go and do that. Hopefully things switch that around more. I like the idea of Odin actually giving a care about all his kids for a change rather then using them as toys in his own games.

I don't think they're time travel more along the lines of time sliding? Technically save for King Loki, Loki himself never traveled through time save for the instance of him doing the adoptive thing, and that was via the stones wasn't it?

Adding in here:

I'd like to see a romance comic come out from Marvel again. I wouldn't mind that at all.
    Can we get another Manga verse, only this time actually hire writers and artist that either know and understand what makes manga tick or actually work in Japan?
    I like the marriages in Marvel, I miss seeing those events as well.
    Speaking of Events, can we have happy ones again? I miss those.
    I really think that it might be wise to use the Teen characters in YA books. Rogue and She-hulk didn't sell well because the stories didn't feel right at all. If you're going to tell YA stories try to use characters that can easily be liked by female and male readers. Young Avengers Retelling, Spider Girls (anya and may), Gravity, Avengers Academy, Westchester Academy, an Inhumans stale, something from the cosmic line, surprise us.
    Let some of the other gods come play in the MU: Journey to the West group, Hindu gods, South American, African, Greek, Celtic, various others would be nice to see.
    Hey can we have back the old Golden age characters too.
    Jack of Hearts wasn't a bad character and should be given another chance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I don't know if Blue Marvel is comparable to a political figure like Rosa Parks. She didn't like the laws that discriminated against others. The POTUS discriminated against Blue Marvel having the freedom to be heroic, because it was like Hirohito trying to help an old lady cross the road. Brashear didn't want the laws changed, he just wanted to have the freedom to act, but the times didn't allow that sort of action by African Americans in a white setting. Rosa Parks could act because she could change the law with acts of disobedience that weren't confrontational. If Blue Marvel acting in public, he would have outraged the public and the confrontations with the security forces would have been embarrassing, and tragic, and may have set Rosa Parks progress back decades.
    Largely disagree.

The president pretty much told him to go sit his butt down and Blue Marvel was like "yes sir , masta" due the fact that he didn't even try to protest or help out at all with the civil rights movement makes him seem very lame and offensive to me. Anti-Rosa is a good description of what he did IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    But that's when you have an alternative. There will be only one Hawkeye.Unless you want to just read back issues of whatever take you enjoyed of the character.
    I'd sooner accept one character who is different because they are a new rendition than one who is handled without regard to continuity or characterization.

Some more:

- Old Man Logan was a terribly done story
    - There are a lot of aspects of Ultimate Cap that I like more than 616 Cap, particularly his more hard nosed attitude
    - FalCap is a great Cap and more than deserves a tenure with the shield
    - Characters based on other characters are extremely derivative and are doomed to never be as successful as their predecessor
    - I hate Whedon's use of juxtaposition in the Avengers movie, I felt a lot of the comedy immediately following serious moments was poorly timed and unnecessary
    - I have no interest in anything Inhuman, be it movie or otherwise
    - Agent Carter > Agent of SHIELD
    - Books with rotating writers every arc fail because they lack a direction
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 03-06-2015 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SidheKnight View Post
    Except the potency of Iron Man's repulsors can be adjusted to not be fatal. (Like most energy weapons in sci-fi).

And I really doubt it takes only ONE punch of the Hulk to kill a Hydra mook. (Unless Hulk is really really really mad).
    Sure, if that makes sense. And i guess that Wolverine also set his claws to stun. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...etSwordsToStun

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Largely disagree.

The president pretty much told him to go sit his butt down and Blue Marvel was like "yes sir , masta" due the fact that he didn't even try to protest or help out at all with the civil rights movement makes him seem very lame and offensive to me. Anti-Rosa is a good description of what he did IMO.
    I didn't even know of that part of the character I just thought he was a boring Superman clone. That's just another reason why I will most likely never like him.
    We need better comics

I think what Marvel has done with some of their flagship characters is stupid. Thor is not Thor anymore? They killed Wolverine. Spiderman was possessed by Doctor Octopus. Captain America is old again. Uncanny X-men is essentially a Cyclops solo. I pay to read about these characters and dislike what they are doing with them. What is Marvel going to do when they continue to disregard their long term customers? If depower or kill a character it should be years before they repower or resurrect them.

I haven't paid much attention to the Marvel Universe in years, which tells you something right there about my feelings, but I'll offer some possibly-controversial opinions based on things that happened in previous decades.

Let's go with:

After he died (in the 1970s), Norman Osborn should have stayed dead. Forever.

Ditto for the "Spider-Clone" (later known as "Ben Reilly").

Ditto for James Buchanan Barnes, the original Bucky of the Golden Age.

Grant Morrison's X-Men run was a mistake.

(Same goes for Chuck Austen's X-Men run, but I'm not sure that one qualifies as "controversial" at this point.)

Bring back the Ultraverse! There was some great stuff going on there, back around 1993-1994, before Marvel bought out Malibu and promptly started running the Ultraverse characters into the ground.

It's been many years since I've bothered to read anything new from Bendis, and I don't feel I'm missing much.

I'm still rather fond of the Bruce Jones run on Hulk.

I think it was a mistake to have Johnny Storm marry Alicia Masters way back when, but I also think it was an even bigger mistake to retcon "his wife Alicia" into secretly being "Lyja the Laserfist, a Skrull spy!"

A while back, when I reread the original "Secret Wars" series written by Jim Shooter, I realized it was a lot lamer than I had first thought, although it could have been better with a few tweaks to patch some embarrasing plot holes and the like.

Bring back "What The--?!" and do it now! (For those who don't remember -- back around the late 80s/early 90s, it was a humor title in which Marvel gleefully parodied itself!)

Once upon a time, I tried and tried to like the original "Runaways" (by reading the collections of its early story arcs), but I just couldn't enjoy it.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

I think what Marvel has done with some of their flagship characters is cool. Thor got a Celestial killing ax and his Thor(r) powers back. They killed Wolverine. Spiderman was possessed by Doctor Octopus into the interesting Superior Spiderman, then gave us back regular Peter Parker. Captain America is old and useless again. Uncanny X-men is essentially a Cyclops solo (Hell Yeah). I pay to read about these characters and like what they are doing with some of them (Poor Rogue ;-. What is Marvel going to do when they can no longer cater to overly nostalgic long term customers? If depower or kill a character it should be years before they repower or resurrect them, so lets keep Wolverine dead.
    Last edited by Mr. Brightside; 03-06-2015 at 10:23 AM.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Sure, if that makes sense. And i guess that Wolverine also set his claws to stun. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...etSwordsToStun
    To be fair, Wolverine murdered many people over his lifetime. Maybe his claws had been dulled?

Bring back "What The--?!" and do it now!
    I hope this sates you.

In any case, I like modern MARVEL (and other companies') comics, and I'm sorry that many orhers don't. Then again, considering my age, I'm probably just part of the lowest common denominator many are accused of pandering to.
    Last edited by DUSt; 03-06-2015 at 10:39 AM.

Mighty Member

Here's some more. I love this thread!
    - The concept of Superior Iron Man is interesting and refreshing and I hope they don’t alter him back to ‘normal’ anytime soon. Same with Inversion Sabretooth.
    - Gwenyth Paltrow is horrible as Pepper Potts.
    - The death of Karnak was incredibly insulting to the character and to fans.
    - Time traveling original X-Men is one of the dumbest and most irritating story arcs in years. Time should be spent nurturing a failing character like Iceman instead of having his younger self make lame jokes.
    - Sue should divorce Reed and go for Namor. That might spark some interest in the FF franchise.
    - That Wasp doesn’t constantly change costumes any more is not due to ‘a maturity in the character’, but lazy artists who don’t want to design new costumes for her.
    - All things Gwen Stacy should remain dead, as well as Ben Parker.
    - Following up Busick’s Avengers run with Firestar being aware of the potential of cancer and her actually having cancer years later in Marvel Divas was a really nice story and great for character development.
    - As a pilot, Rodney should always be depicted as the ‘superior’ Iron Man/War Machine because he would technically be better at flying and maneuverability than Tony.
    - The Avengers need a chairman, a charter, weekly meetings, by-laws and all that ‘old school’ stuff. It’s what makes them different and unique than other groups. Without the structure, they are just another group of generic heroes.
    - Marvel should have never introduced that Wakanda has a cure for cancer. Incredibly damaging to the regal character of T’Challa. It should have been Dr. Doom or High Evolutionary instead.
    - Toad as a put upon janitor is a lame running joke that is just not funny to the classic character.
    - Bobby buying AIM was brilliant.
    - Inhumans need to show some love for some of the more interesting characters introduced in the Young Inhumans story. They were cool.
    - Storm could be a really awesome addition to the Uncanny Avengers if handled by the right writer.
    - Marvel should capitalize on the unique bi-sexual character of Moondragon. Also on Native American culture and heroes: Firebird, American Eagle, Forge, Dani Moonstar, etc.
    - Dum Dum Dugan an LMD? Really? So lame.
    - Dazzler should be the public face of the X-Men.
    - Serious topics, like rape, should never be used for comedy, even slightly implied comedy – like the Starfox trial.
    - Dr. Doom is not an anti-hero. He is a ‘villain’ and should always be depicted as such.
    - Eric O’Grady was more interesting as Ant-Man than Scott Lang will ever be.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beamish View Post
    Here's some more. I love this thread!
    - The concept of Superior Iron Man is interesting and refreshing and I hope they don’t alter him back to ‘normal’ anytime soon. Same with Inversion Sabretooth.
    Yes. Praise be to Marvel for making me like that snake Stark

- Sue should divorce Reed and go for Namor. That might spark some interest in the FF franchise.
    Namor is tied to the doomed FF. Naomr should be with Emma. They got to bang.

- Marvel should have never introduced that Wakanda has a cure for cancer. Incredibly damaging to the regal character of T’Challa. It should have been Dr. Doom or High Evolutionary instead.
    Only if Doom rubs it in everyones face

- Bobby buying AIM was brilliant.
    He should have bought The Hand. They revive people, no?

- Storm could be a really awesome addition to the Uncanny Avengers if handled by the right writer.
    She's not so hot in her own environment. She doesn't need to be Wanda's second cheerleader.

- Dazzler should be the public face of the X-Men.
    She should but then she'd die as shown in BOTA
    [/QUOTE]
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post

Namor is tied to the doomed FF. Naomr should be with Emma. They got to bang.

She should but then she'd die as shown in BOTA
    [/QUOTE]

We are long overdue for an hot, steamy on-panel threesome between Emma, Sue and Namor. That's what everyone wants to see. We almost got that in the Namor series but that was just a hallucination.

And I agree with the Dazzler comment. She is probably one of the most underrated and best characters in the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    I think what Marvel has done with some of their flagship characters is cool. Thor got a Celestial killing ax and his Thor(r) powers back. They killed Wolverine. Spiderman was possessed by Doctor Octopus into the interesting Superior Spiderman, then gave us back regular Peter Parker. Captain America is old and useless again. Uncanny X-men is essentially a Cyclops solo (Hell Yeah). I pay to read about these characters and like what they are doing with some of them (Poor Rogue ;-. What is Marvel going to do when they can no longer cater to overly nostalgic long term customers? If depower or kill a character it should be years before they repower or resurrect them, so lets keep Wolverine dead.
    Captain America, Thor and Wolverine have movies being made so the changes to them will be reverted. Any team title should be about the team not one character. I pay to read about these characters also and have the right as a paying customer to complain about what I dislike. Every other year they use a gimmick on one of their flagship characters and it is getting annoying. People are always fine with change until it is done to their favorite character. Marvels overly nostalgic long term customers are who are buying the comics.

Namor is ENTIRELY too good for Emma Frost.

There. I said it.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Emma Frost and Scott Summers should have never been a thing. Even more insulting how they shrugged off how they got together because she mentally took advantage of him. This wasn't at all a healthy relationship. I also think they should not have bombed Genosha because that was overkill even for a comic. I can understand some side characters but a whole country is really in my opinion unsettling just so that they can cut down the mutant population.

I do wish Wanda and Kurt could get together.

I believe the character of Azazel, Kurt's real father, can be saved.

Graydon Creed should have been kept alive as a recurring X-Men antagonist because frankly he became the way he is because of how his own mother rejected him. Not to mention he brought up another issue of how mutants can be not so different from humans in rejecting their own children.