Page 152 of 181 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2702
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I'd say it's certain to happen.

I doubt it. I think it's more of a company/editorial decision than a purely creative one. I can see a fringe Avengers book making a comeback, but I doubt it'd focus on the classic Avengers secondary charactets. At the most, it's be a mixed bag with a few classic characters and some of the "popular" (and I use that word VERY losely) modern ones. But, with few occasional exceptions, I see Avengers continuing with the "big names/sellars", and whomever they want to push in the movies.

Peace
    I don't really get that. As others have pointed out, those characters already have books. An no offense, but the main Avengers have the most generic superpowers. Guys like Ant-man, Scarlet Witch, and Vision all have cool and interesting powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't really get that. As others have pointed out, those characters already have books. An no offense, but the main Avengers have the most generic superpowers. Guys like Ant-man, Scarlet Witch, and Vision all have cool and interesting powers.
    Hey, you don't have to sell it to me. I'm with you there. As a reallllyyyyy long-time reader and Avengers fan, I've always liked the mix of big guns and secondary characters, however, the secondary were always the intresting ones that carried the plotlines and stories. The big guns were there just to give it some flavour. There was a time in which WCA was my favorite Avengers book, for while the main book had the foccus on guys like Thor, Cap, Quasar, She-Hulk and other big guns with their own books, and very little chemestry among them, the WCA featured guys like Hank Pym, the Wasp, Wonder Man, Hawkeye, Vision and Scarlet Witch. However, it's the way I see the business being conducted. A shame really.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Not an unpopular opinion
    You sure? I've only seen this opinion stated three or four times.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Hey, you don't have to sell it to me. I'm with you there. As a reallllyyyyy long-time reader and Avengers fan, I've always liked the mix of big guns and secondary characters, however, the secondary were always the intresting ones that carried the plotlines and stories. The big guns were there just to give it some flavour. There was a time in which WCA was my favorite Avengers book, for while the main book had the foccus on guys like Thor, Cap, Quasar, She-Hulk and other big guns with their own books, and very little chemestry among them, the WCA featured guys like Hank Pym, the Wasp, Wonder Man, Hawkeye, Vision and Scarlet Witch. However, it's the way I see the business being conducted. A shame really.

Peace
    Yeah. Tbh, a lot of the tertiary and below Avengers, like Mockingbird, Nova, Quasar, or Wonder Man, fall into the same trap of just having generic powers, at least to me.

But I agree. The secondary ones need that focus in the Avengers comics because they're not getting it elsewhere. And their storylines are all intertwined, so they work well off one another. Maybe it won't change soon, but those characters help to expand the Avengers beyond just a team up.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    That could happen one day ....
    Go on………..

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

1 of the worst stories ever in Marvel mainstream continuity also in the history of fiction and comic books is Cycops being called the Mutant Hitler.

He prevented a genocide which is the complete opposite of being responsible for a genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    1 of the worst stories ever in Marvel mainstream continuity also in the history of fiction and comic books is Cycops being called the Mutant Hitler.

He prevented a genocide which is the complete opposite of being responsible for a genocide.
    Totally agree. And Logan being seen as the Professor X to his Magneto sure didn't help things.

Peace

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post

Didn't he become somewhat authoritarian and extremist?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Didn't he become somewhat authoritarian and extremist?
    He kept on talking about starting a “mutant revolution” which ended up being a peaceful demonstration in Washington D.C.

He couldn’t be authoritarian cause he wasn’t ruling anything, just leading a very small faction of mutants.

People claim that mutants don't serve as a metaphor for minorities, but I wonder how those same people would feel if the stories were about robots hunting, imprisoning and murdering Latino or Asian people, or Earth's mightiest heroes attacking an island/refuge for the few remaining lgbtqia+ in the world after a certain person decided to erase them from existence or if black people had to fight to eliminate a toxic substance in the atmosphere that was killing them only, and still be painted as villains.

I question this as a black gay man.

I think it's because while there are a lot of actual minorities who are mutants, most of them are white straights. So then what's left is an allegory that just represents being treated differently because of a source of power.

It's up to individuals to decide if they identify with that allegory.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I totally agree about the lack of representation.

But I wonder if the X stories are starring real minorities (and not mutants) as many want, if they would all be okay with the killings and carnage.

I'd say the current X-Men seem more like a supremacist dream come true than an allegory for minorities. Yeah, I'm sure that's not going to be controversial at all.

Peace

I'm not referring to current stories, but to almost 60 years of history in all. Complaints about the metaphor exist before Krakoa.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by eliasmachado View Post
    People claim that mutants don't serve as a metaphor for minorities, but I wonder how those same people would feel if the stories were about robots hunting, imprisoning and murdering Latino or Asian people, or Earth's mightiest heroes attacking an island/refuge for the few remaining lgbtqia+ in the world after a certain person decided to erase them from existence or if black people had to fight to eliminate a toxic substance in the atmosphere that was killing them only, and still be painted as villains.

I question this as a black gay man.
    People have already told you why they don't like the metaphor and see it as flawed or stupid. You're just refusing to accept it.