Page 159 of 181 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2702

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Well what, in your opinion, makes it so unlikely?
    They avoided doing it the first time. So I doubt they're gonna do it now.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Exactly. I never read a Thor solo comic in my life until Jane Thor. Read that because it was more interesting to me, liked it, and kept reading Thor afterward. Same with Miles as Spider-Man; I didn't actively keep up with Peter's books until Miles crossed over into 616.
    Still, while this is fair, do not explain why Thor had to become "unworthy" for her to get the hammer.
    Alas, as old time thor fan( was one of the first fictional character I have memory together with spidey, Batman and Mazinger Z) I am in part biased, logically I know that in the end is nothing different that "jobbing" or " worf effect" or for anime" the isekai style". To quickly jump start without giving too much technical explaining( villain is very strong, alien is godly menace, hero had to be explained the rule of the world or is already an expert and explain it...loudly...to..an audience? Isekai wtf?) . It the end it was a cheap quick way to have Jane becoming new thor, without much explaining and I fact I suspect that much like "Teddy flood" from westward, they did not have any idea why Thor was unworthy nor wtf Nick Fury told him, infact it took way too much time for them to come around explaining why, and I the end was disappointing and cretinesque.Authors had not even thought bout that, it was one of those mystery box that areactually empty, and need to be filled quickly.
    At least Jane story was good, but the premise behind it was idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    They avoided doing it the first time. So I doubt they're gonna do it now.
    I mean that doesn’t really strike me as a pilot season plot line. They also only had six episodes and the multiverse hadn’t yet exploded.

oops wrong board.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    At least Jane story was good, but the premise behind it was idiotic.
    I thought it would have been more interesting if Fury's whisper that caused Thor to drop his hammer wasn't directed at Thor.

It was Fury telling something to Mjolnir, that caused Mjolnir to drop from Thor's grasp.

And it would have played into the whole 'hammer actually contains a sentient storm-god-thing' that came later, coincidentally.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I thought it would have been more interesting if Fury's whisper that caused Thor to drop his hammer wasn't directed at Thor.

It was Fury telling something to Mjolnir, that caused Mjolnir to drop from Thor's grasp.

And it would have played into the whole 'hammer actually contains a sentient storm-god-thing' that came later, coincidentally.
    That would have worked better, indeed. But that assume that the "hammer contain an sentient sapient elemental being" was planned all along
    But I came to think that despite what they say, very few times there is anything resembling a plan. Just generic guidelines, and day by day attitude. With short dateline and little time to double check.

Marvel should attempt a United Front book.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Here's a hot one:

I don't get why people get upset when people say they don't want to read or didnt read any of the various Voices/Pride/Etc specials, because I keep constantly hearing how they "aren't made for you" but then people get upset when I don't read these books that I'm told arent supposed to be read by me or are for me

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Here's a hot one:

I don't get why people get upset when people say they don't want to read or didnt read any of the various Voices/Pride/Etc specials, because I keep constantly hearing how they "aren't made for you" but then people get upset when I don't read these books that I'm told arent supposed to be read by me or are for me
    Welcome to equality.

But hey at least it's not segregated like the voice/pride books are.
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-24-2022 at 12:06 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Like if people tell me that "this book isn't made for people like you", it's not going to make me more interested in reading it when the audience is...telling me I shouldn't be reading it

Like if people tell me that "this book isn't made for people like you", it's not going to make me more interested in reading it when the audience is...telling me I shouldn't be reading it
    oh i get it but if i listened to that i would have nothing to watch or read. Fantasy not for people of color cause "it's not true to the original" nonfiction because "it's the times and what sells so we have to white wash even though it's not true to the character." Cartoons, movies, most of the marvel comics line ups over the years. Theres not a single black actor who can play Tchalla but heres harrison ford. lol. i could go on and on and on. People tell us everyday thats "not for us." but it is what it is. The Ocars, the emmys, the golden globes. Heck if someone like me kneels we are evil but if a mass group of people climb a building simply for not getting what they want they are "obviously hurting." so yeah...
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    oh i get it but if i listened to that i would have nothing to watch or read. Fantasy not for people of color cause "it's not true to the original" nonfiction because "it's the times and what sells so we have to white wash even though it's not true to the character." Cartoons, movies, most of the marvel comics line ups over the years. Theres not a single black actor who can play Tchalla but heres harrison ford. lol. i could go on and on and on. People tell us everyday thats "not for us." but it is what it is. The Ocars, the emmys, the golden globes. Heck if someone like me kneels we are evil but if a mass group of people climb a building simply for not getting what they want they are "obviously hurting." so yeah...
    Lol this has always been a bs argument. Going a little off topic here but there were some people upset about POC dwarfs in Rings of Power while in the original trilogy the fiery eye of Sauron is more of metaphor and not a literal flaming eyeball looking around 24/7 and it's heavily implied (if not outright stated) in the books that Sauron already has a body during War of the Ring. Both of these were changed for the movies. People often cherry pick which parts of an adaptation should be loyal to the source material and which parts don't need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Lol this has always been a bs argument. Going a little off topic here but there were some people upset about POC dwarfs in Rings of Power while in the original trilogy the fiery eye of Sauron is more of metaphor and not a literal flaming eyeball looking around 24/7 and it's heavily implied (if not outright stated) in the books that Sauron already has a body during War of the Ring. Both of these were changed for the movies. People often cherry pick which parts of an adaptation should be loyal to the source material and which parts don't need to.
    Yup, and honestly there is a true silent peace when you know for a fact it's them any not you. I mean if i stretch the reality of my mind and throw everything else away if some of these people that like to tout black on black crime as an excuse whenever other crimes are mention were serious then wouldn't they be for gun control since that would greatly help black on black crime in theory. But no, first amendment rights. Also then when you come to school shootings it's like for the most part the shooters are white men but even if we try to once again minimize that to what about black on black crime why would i believe people that don't care about white kids getting shot up by white men\ care about black people being killed by black people when you (not you) don't even want them to appear in fiction. The biggest wtf to me is that so many play into it and i'm always left thinking this are suppose to be the intellectuals and the analysts and etc. But yeah i'm getting shallowly deep so *ninja vanish*
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Ultimate Member

Here's a hot one:

I think that is more aimed at the folks who throw a FIT the moment the book is announced and we see who is on the cover.
    We the hidden and snide comments that boil down to why is there a book with POC out there in the first place.
    Generally someone says "I am not interested in reading CA Sam Wilson after look at the write up." And that is it. They move on.

However we get folks who toss in EXTRA stuff that targets the POC mainly. And they will dismiss any LOGIC you toss at them.

"The book will do (or has) done well as a trade." Like Sam Wilson has done in the past.
    "Trades don't help comic book stores" Don't comic book stores sale TRADES????????
    "He's on tv and has a movie coming!"
    "Movies and tv don't help sales."

Meanwhile Marvel will toss out USA Agent book.

"Kudos for Marvel giving him a SHOT"
    "This will help his profile after guest starring on Falcon and WS."
    Trade sales at stores go up. "See putting him on tv helped."

Even with some of these guys who cover sales-they will go all OUT in their HATRED for POC lead stuff. Even saying it's killing the company.
    Nubia, John Stewart, Duke, Aqualad & Jace have all been blamed for DC's sales. They account for 3 books.

That is like saying Miles hurts Peter Parker sales and he is only in ONE book.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Meanwhile Marvel will toss out USA Agent book.
    Christopher Priest should be able to wright whatever he wants. If he didn't want that book he wouldn't be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Even being black I'm not inspired by the inclusion of black dwarves. It honestly seems a bit zaney inho.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.