Page 162 of 181 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2706

Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post
    Are you saying that women, minorities, and immigrants weren't among those white, straight males as they created characters the current crop of writers could only make derivatives of with social labels?
    Read what I said again:

"Yes the creators who were mostly white, heterosexual men are the ones most likely to experience racism, sexism and other forms of bigotry as opposed to women, minorities, immigrants, trans people etc who are more common among the current crop of writers."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Tom "Agent of the CIA" King has entered the chat
    You're assuming Tom King is something of value to Marvel, on par with Stan, Jack, and Steve?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Read what I said again:

"Yes the creators who were mostly white, heterosexual men are the ones most likely to experience racism, sexism and other forms of bigotry as opposed to women, minorities, immigrants, trans people etc who are more common among the current crop of writers."
    Stick a straight, white man amid the current crop of entitled, college-raised, victim-cultured, identity-politicking writers and the answer is most likely YES.
    Last edited by bat22; 11-04-2022 at 03:29 AM.

Stick a straight, white man amid the current crop of entitled, victim-cultured, identity-politicking writers and the answer is most likely YES.
    You're funny.

Stick a straight, white man amid the current crop of entitled, college-raised, victim-cultured, identity-politicking writers and the answer is most likely YES.
    In a world that still has room for sh*t like gamergate and comicsgate this post is just hilarious.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    In a world that still has room for sh*t like gamergate and comicsgate this post is just hilarious.
    You don't have to subscribe to Gamergate or Comicsgate to recognize hypocrisy and (sometimes willful) ignorance under color of authority or so-called progressivism.

Invincible Member

The men (and women) who built up the Marvel Universe lived in truly interesting times of human conflict and wars, gender roles/disparities, the sexual revolution, and racial injustices.

The Marvel (and DC) Universe today is a shadow of its former self thanks to creative teams injecting it with their pampered, myopic, self-centered, fragile, and pseudo-intellectual philosophies.
    I'd argue these things are occurring now. Not in the way they were in the 60-70's, but still...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'd argue these things are occurring now. Not in the way they were in the 60-70's, but still...
    And I'm not trying to argue that they aren't, though I would argue that non-white and female Americans today have more to fear from their own race hustlers and 3rd gen feminists than the KKK or the He-Man Woman-Haters Club.

And if I were in charge of a fledgling comic book company, I'd take the white male-dominated early Marvel staff over thrice the number of today's "stunning and brave" assortment.

And I'm not trying to argue that they aren't, though I would argue that non-white and female Americans today have more to fear from their own race hustlers and 3rd gen feminists than the KKK or the He-Man Woman-Haters Club.

And if I were in charge of a fledgling comic book company, I'd take the white male-dominated early Marvel staff over thrice the number of today's "stunning and brave" assortment.
    This is one of the most ridiculous things I've read in a very, very long time. Tell us you're Comicsgate without telling us you're Comicsgate.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    This is one of the most ridiculous things I've read in a very, very long time. Tell us you're Comicsgate without telling us you're Comicsgate.
    I'm just glad he didn't mention white children, churches, or capital buildings because we know exactly the people targeting those and it's not non white or female americans. But i guess if you don't go to church, or school, or the white house, or the grocery store, etc yeah, maybe the persons home is safer for them.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Like I said... You don't have to subscribe to Gamergate or Comicsgate to recognize hypocrisy and (sometimes willful) ignorance under color of authority or so-called progressivism.

Though I can understand a need for brand please-don't-let-me-think-too-hard labels.

Like I said... You don't have to subscribe to Gamergate or Comicsgate to recognize hypocrisy and (sometimes willful) ignorance under color of authority or so-called progressivism.

Though I can understand a need for brand please-don't-let-me-think-too-hard labels.
    Give me and everybody else a small break. You're opinions are hate based and over-the-top just like every Comicsgate moron that I've come across. You're either lying about being Comicsgate or just don't want to associate yourself with them even though you have ALL of the same opinions. We see you. WE. SEE. YOU. You aren't fooling anyone but, maybe, yourself. Whatever. Life is too short to spend anymore time on you or your posts.

BANNED

Give me and everybody else a small break. You're opinions are hate based and over-the-top just like every Comicsgate moron that I've come across. You're either lying about being Comicsgate or just don't want to associate yourself with them even though you have ALL of the same opinions. We see you. WE. SEE. YOU. You aren't fooling anyone but, maybe, yourself. Whatever. Life is too short to spend anymore time on you or your posts.
    It's your prerogative if you want to disengage after labeling, but I'll state clearly here that you haven't offered anything but your bellowing to indicate that my opinions are "hate based" or "over the top".

Ultimate Member

Now while SOME of that might be true.
    It does not STOP the KKK or He-Man Woman Haters Club from coming after POC and women for existing.

Are you saying that women, minorities, and immigrants weren't among those white, straight males as they created characters the current crop of writers could only make derivatives of with social labels?
    Now who would that be?

Miguel O'Hara, Hobie Brown (Spider Punk), Spectrum, Sam Wilson, Rhodey, Sam Alexander, Riri Williams, Miles Morales, Brawn and others were created by WHITE STRAIGHT MALES. Only Ms Marvel-who used a name that was not active was not. Same with Shuri as Black Panther.

How about this... NAME these writers of color and sexuality that you have an issue with.

Please name what book you have read and where in said book that it offended you.

I want to see evidence of READING said material.

Because what is being claimed is NOT happening in the books. Aside from Cap America.

Invincible Member

People are literally walking into public areas with guns and shooting up the place in efforts to spark race/civil wars, punching Asian women in the head, and desecrating synagogues and Jewish graveyards. Meanwhile, states are trying to roll back rights that women have fought for generations. It ain't who I'm sure you picture as race hustlers and so-called "3rd gen feminists" doing that stuff.

I'd agree that there's big problems with Marvel and DC these days, but let me ask...what specific trend either editorially, creatively, or business wise do you think is hurting Marvel or the industry. Don't just say they went "woke" or "SJWs" because that's almost meaningless at this point.