Page 51 of 181 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    I don't know if this counts for anything, but someone needs to bring back Eli Bradley and reinvent him. You would think that he would work well with Sam on the Captain book.
    Very good point. This would be a great opportunity to feature him a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernedi View Post
    DPS? And yeah, it's a shame they never followed up on that. I liked Marjorie's work. Like Morrison, seems their ideas got thrashed as soon as they left.
    Dark Phoenix Saga.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Very good point. This would be a great opportunity to feature him a bit.
    Sad thing is, they won't for some strange reason. I wish we would get some answers on this.

Superior was a Mary Sue and the title was abysmal killing off Doc Ock was the best thing that happened to him.
    Molun is a knockoff dime store version of Morbius.
    I hope Uncanny Avengers and Web Warriors are cancelled.
    Silk is the worst addition to Spider-man.
    Spider-man does not need a spider family it failed with clones and this multiverse garage will. It only makes a Spider-man more convoluted like Hawkman.
    Last edited by mysterio1989; 02-17-2016 at 08:57 PM.

Incredible Member

Writers needs to stop pointing out the inherent flaws in the genre. Like the supervillians always breaking out or why X doesn't kill X? It's a false and silly dilemma. Unless they're planning to do a final solution. Otherwise they're just pointing out how silly the genre is.

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    Writers needs to stop pointing out the inherent flaws in the genre. Like the supervillians always breaking out or why X doesn't kill X? It's a false and silly dilemma. Unless they're planning to do a final solution. Otherwise they're just pointing out how silly the genre is.
    Mostly Indie writers like putting their thoughts on the decay of comics. In truth they should just pack up and leave and stick to indie comics like Image and Top Cow where they belong.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vernedi View Post
    DPS? And yeah, it's a shame they never followed up on that. I liked Marjorie's work. Like Morrison, seems their ideas got thrashed as soon as they left.
    Yeah, there's usually a very good and valid reason when that happens...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Peter Parker is an angsty, immature man-child who is the least interesting character with Spider-based powers around and despite spending his entire adult life as a hero, he's still not very good at it.
    Pete's got his own international business and about a dozen other Spider-People running around right now that can handle the streets.

And a starring role in the new Marvel Civil War movie.

He's like a functional Bruce Wayne that cracks jokes while smacking around X-Men single-handedly -- I can work with that.

I did see him get ridiculously clowned by this Michael Jackson/Prince hybrid looking guy once, though -- it was probably the best worst comic I've ever read.

It was like Purple Rain meets West Side Story meets The Warriors -- and featured the crazy black alien suit to boot.

ace II - the sequel.jpg
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-17-2016 at 10:52 PM.

Ultimate Member

This is easily the greatest character ever created.

----

"Character : Ace

Attributes
    Eyes
    Hazel

Features
    White Streak in Hair on Right Side. Hispanic. Hollow checks, Strong Jawline, Determined Eyes. Looks like Prince dressed in Michael Jackson "Bad" gear. Always wears Sunglasses

Hair
    Black

Height
    6' 2"

Weight
    193 lbs

Powers
    Abilities
    Anticipates moves similar to Spider-Man's "spider-sense", seems to short out Spider-Man's "spider-sense", appears as agile and fast as Spider-Man. "Ace" is the epitome of "cool", gets respect and awe from all classes of society

Equipment
    Leather Jacket, Sunglasses & Gloves, Motorcycle

Powers
    There has yet to be an origin told about Ace, as the full extent and definition of his powers remains a mystery. It is possible Ace is a mutant

Strength Level
    Very strong, but no evidence of super-strength

Weapons
    Brass Knuckles, Knife

Summary
    Citizenship
    U.S.

Created By
    Peter David, Mark Beachum, Josef Rubinstein

Current Occupation
    Informal Security Guard for Hire

Education
    Very "Street Smart"; otherwise, none

Former Groups
    "The Reapers"

Former Occupation
    Leader of Gang, "The Reapers"

Known Allies
    Doesn't need them

Known Confidants
    Vietnam Veteran (No Name Available)

Known Relatives
    Mother (Dead), Brother (Lorenzo), Sister (Rose)

Legal Status
    Wanted for Kidnapping Sister, Contempt of Court

Major Enemies
    Al Webber, Lorenzo Spencer (Brother), Tyrone (Current Leader of Reapers), Modern Society at Large

Marital Status
    Single

Place of Birth
    Bronx, New York

Real Name
    "Ace" Spencer

Usual Bases
    The Bronx

Background

Ace grew up in poverty and raised his brother and sister when his mother became bedridden while leading the gang "The Reapers". Apparently, Ace acquired super-powers and quit the gang. He came into prominence when he witnessed his brother and an accomplice shooting a rival gang member of "The Dragons", local police and Spider-Man sought his critical testimony for conviction."

http://www.spiderfan.org/characters/ace.html
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-17-2016 at 10:34 PM.

Miles doesn't work well outside of the Ultimate Universe. Peter being around makes him redundant.
    I still don't like deadpool.
    Thor has the best character design in comics.
    Phil Coulson is just a poor man's Nick Fury
    Superior Spiderman was great and will eventually go down as a must-read Spiderman story.
    Most of Spiderman's villains are overrated. They have neat powersets/skillsets sure, but the characters themselves are often flat.
    While I don't like how convoluted the Maximoff's origins have become, they are better off not being Magneto's children.
    Thor being a mantel is stupid. That's his fricking name he was born with.
    I liked AvX
    Iron Man 3 was a good movie, with an awesome twist, that was undermined by that cop-out 'all hail the king' one-shot.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Pretty sure it's Doom that needs to leave Reed alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    You bite your lying, commie tongue! Doom is the victim of the accursed Richards' petty jealousy and greed! Doom is a noble soul willing to do what he must so that others need not suffer as Richards has made Doom suffer! Doom wishes only to bring peace and harmony to the world, and small minds like Richards fear the utopia he'd create!

DOOM!
    Excelsior! (Loved Stan schooling Walt and the guys on Doom at the Secret Stash on Comic Book Men)

Anyway, Reed did stir things up by snooping around Victor's dorm room in the first place. He was the one that wanted them to be room mates and Victor told him to get lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    However you really can't say that a person who is straight faces really any of the hardships that come with being gay, something that only people of the LGBT crowd can truly understand. So you go from a situation of someone who wasn't living up to their full potential and didn't have the best luck with relationships, something people can honestly relate to, to that they were linked to that he was hiding that he was gay this whole time, something only a margin can truly understand. That is what I'm talking about in relatibility.
    Well, there are some hardships that are specific to being gay, sure. But there are plenty of hardships that straight and gay people share. For example, worrying about not being accepted for who you love? Plenty of straight people have been there, be it interracial relationships, inter-faith relationships, or even just dating across different cliques - the popular kid who likes a geek but keeps it a secret for fear of being ostracized. Is it the same as worrying about being beat up just because you prefer boys to girls? No, of course not. But it's still something that allows one person to relate to another, because it serves as a starting point. "Well, ****, if I felt this bad when all I had to worry about was being made fun of, I can imagine how much worse it is for them."

And Iceman not living up to his full potential, and being kinda bad at relationships, are things that are still part of who he is. Those traits are still there. People who related to those qualities can still relate to them.

Legacy characters are garbage...

Most legacy characters are more interesting than the characters they're replacing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Yeah, there's usually a very good and valid reason when that happens...
    None that I can think of.

If people say because of House of M, you didn't need to bring back Magneto for that shitty event. Look at how they worked with Hawkeye, for example.

Leading an X-Men again? That ship sailed over 30 years ago.
    Last edited by Vernedi; 02-18-2016 at 03:18 AM.