Page 52 of 181 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Legacy characters are garbage...
    Agreed. I'm sick of them!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Dark Phoenix Saga.
    OOOOH! Yeah, they shouldn't have brought Jean back. Big mistake. If they needed a female redhead member for X-Factor's nostalgia team, they should have just used Rachel or Siryn instead. Rachel is way more interesting than Jean and her developing father-daughter relationship with Cyclops in X-Factor could have had great story potential. Siryn would have been a natural transition into the second team.

Jean and Scott greatly suffered character assassination the moment they did the resurrection/retcon. It stands on equal terms with Spidey's deal with Mephisto for the WORST DECISIONS EVER MADE IN COMICS HISTORY.

Cyclops became a scumbag who abandoned his wife and infant son for his high school sweetheart, which led to his dark side being enhanced after merging with Apocalypse, then the failed marriage culminating in cheating on Jean with the slut known as Emma Frost, the whole Utopia crap, then AVX, Bendis' entire abysmal run, and the post-Secret Wars horrible act that made mutants the enemy again.

Jean became an incompetent burden (no wonder she was the lamest female character in the 90s animated series) that ultimately became the third wheel when the slut Emma Frost joined the party... and ultimately Jean died again, for nothing... only to be replaced by her bitchy and totally unlikeable teenage self.
    Last edited by Vernedi; 02-18-2016 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Miles doesn't work well outside of the Ultimate Universe. Peter being around makes him redundant.
    I still don't like deadpool.
    Thor has the best character design in comics.
    Phil Coulson is just a poor man's Nick Fury
    Superior Spiderman was great and will eventually go down as a must-read Spiderman story.
    Most of Spiderman's villains are overrated. They have neat powersets/skillsets sure, but the characters themselves are often flat.
    While I don't like how convoluted the Maximoff's origins have become, they are better off not being Magneto's children.
    Thor being a mantel is stupid. That's his fricking name he was born with.
    I liked AvX
    Iron Man 3 was a good movie, with an awesome twist, that was undermined by that cop-out 'all hail the king' one-shot.
    Superior was garbage plain and simple and calling it a must read is an insult.
    All hail the king salvage what is considered a disappointing sequel.
    Legacy concepts should only be in DC.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    And in all honesty, it really didn't help the way that they tried to rationalize it in that his relationships haven't been successful ergo he must be gay. In all honesty, when you think about it, compare Bobby to the rest of his O5 male peers; Cyclops is the star quarterback, Angel is the hot rich kid that girls flock to on sight, and Hank is the scholar. Compared to them, Bobby was the every man and, to be honest, that was relatable. To write that off as that he was gay and thus they were doomed to fail from the start is frankly insulting to plenty of guys who have the same kinds of problems with getting relationships to work and are perfectly straight. On top of that, he's a comic book character any way that his relationships go are not under his control. He even had a relationship going well with Kitty before Bendis broke them up. Is that the fault of his sexuality? No, it's that Bendis wanted to use Kitty but didn't want the baggage of their relationship (and not even gonna go into how Bendis wrote Bobby whenever he had the older one on panel). So it's those kinds of statements that I find to be insulting when you consider that you can't even begin to compare real life dilemmas in life to artificially created ones, especially that are retconned in.
    Well, I always figured Bobby's relationships failed because he was supposed to be the immature one. His relationships failed not because he was gay but because he never took relationships seriously enough. This may sound strange, but hopefully that will still be the case. Because anyone can have that issue regardless of their orientation.

In general, all the added diversity to the Marvel Universe is not a bad thing. However, it's not really a selling point for me. It doesn't draw me in all that much. It's fine that they have gay Iceman and woman Thor and woman Captain Marvel and Muslim Ms. Marvel and Black Captain America and all that. However, it doesn't make me want to buy those books more than usual. The problem at least on my end is that it seems to be mainly what Marvel is selling these days. I don't know about anyone else, though.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Well, I always figured Bobby's relationships failed because he was supposed to be the immature one. His relationships failed not because he was gay but because he never took relationships seriously enough. This may sound strange, but hopefully that will still be the case. Because anyone can have that issue regardless of their orientation.
    I tend to agree. Bobby kneecapped every aspect of his life because he's more comfortable going along with expectations and afraid of the responsibility that comes with achievement, and I think being able to commit to someone is part of that. He's not a coward, but he seems fine living down to his reputation, putting on a happy mask, and letting anything that requires too much of a reach on his part slip through his fingers. I'm pretty pleased that his being able to at least put one foot out of the closet hasn't been treated as a magical cure-all for his long-term problems, tbh.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 02-18-2016 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Most legacy characters are more interesting than the characters they're replacing.
    Are you following me? ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Vernedi View Post
    Agreed. I'm sick of them!
    Maybe it's not that unpopular an opinion, after all!

Spectacular Member

Define a legacy character

Quote Originally Posted by sluggo View Post
    Define a legacy character
    Do you really not know what one is?

I couldn't agree more. While Marvel hasn't had much of a problem with it in the past (Besides the multiple Captain Marvel's and Spider Women), I do think now it's getting a little ridiculous that all the main Marvel characters are being replaced by heroes using the same name. Marvel should learn from DC's mistakes that legacy characters and them taking on previous mantles is only going to lead to a plethora mess of confusion.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    This is easily the greatest character ever created.

----

"Character : Ace

Attributes
    Eyes
    Hazel

Features
    White Streak in Hair on Right Side. Hispanic. Hollow checks, Strong Jawline, Determined Eyes. Looks like Prince dressed in Michael Jackson "Bad" gear. Always wears Sunglasses

Hair
    Black

Height
    6' 2"

Weight
    193 lbs

Powers
    Abilities
    Anticipates moves similar to Spider-Man's "spider-sense", seems to short out Spider-Man's "spider-sense", appears as agile and fast as Spider-Man. "Ace" is the epitome of "cool", gets respect and awe from all classes of society

Equipment
    Leather Jacket, Sunglasses & Gloves, Motorcycle

Powers
    There has yet to be an origin told about Ace, as the full extent and definition of his powers remains a mystery. It is possible Ace is a mutant

Strength Level
    Very strong, but no evidence of super-strength

Weapons
    Brass Knuckles, Knife

Summary
    Citizenship
    U.S.

Created By
    Peter David, Mark Beachum, Josef Rubinstein

Current Occupation
    Informal Security Guard for Hire

Education
    Very "Street Smart"; otherwise, none

Former Groups
    "The Reapers"

Former Occupation
    Leader of Gang, "The Reapers"

Known Allies
    Doesn't need them

Known Confidants
    Vietnam Veteran (No Name Available)

Known Relatives
    Mother (Dead), Brother (Lorenzo), Sister (Rose)

Legal Status
    Wanted for Kidnapping Sister, Contempt of Court

Major Enemies
    Al Webber, Lorenzo Spencer (Brother), Tyrone (Current Leader of Reapers), Modern Society at Large

Marital Status
    Single

Place of Birth
    Bronx, New York

Real Name
    "Ace" Spencer

Usual Bases
    The Bronx

Background

Ace grew up in poverty and raised his brother and sister when his mother became bedridden while leading the gang "The Reapers". Apparently, Ace acquired super-powers and quit the gang. He came into prominence when he witnessed his brother and an accomplice shooting a rival gang member of "The Dragons", local police and Spider-Man sought his critical testimony for conviction."

http://www.spiderfan.org/characters/ace.html
    Dude has to make an appearance in the new Power Man and Iron Fist book.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I couldn't agree more. While Marvel hasn't had much of a problem with it in the past (Besides the multiple Captain Marvel's and Spider Women), I do think now it's getting a little ridiculous that all the main Marvel characters are being replaced by heroes using the same name. Marvel should learn from DC's mistakes that legacy characters and them taking on previous mantles is only going to lead to a plethora mess of confusion.
    I don't inherently have a problem with legacy characters but I do agree that it's getting out of hand with ANAD Marvel. With Sam replacing Steve you could at least defend it with it being a natural progression feeling plot point since Sam is someone Steve would trust with his life and he was aged to the point of not being able to continue on. But things like Adamus Cho replacing Bruce, especially when there was a pretty big plot point left open at the end of Duggan's Hulk run or Jane Foster returning after being gone from Thor's support cast for years to take up the hammer, especially when there are already others who are already worthy and could hold down the fort while Thor was unworthy, it ends up feeling more and more forced.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Pete's got his own international business and about a dozen other Spider-People running around right now that can handle the streets.

And a starring role in the new Marvel Civil War movie.

He's like a functional Bruce Wayne that cracks jokes while smacking around X-Men single-handedly -- I can work with that.

I did see him get ridiculously clowned by this Michael Jackson/Prince hybrid looking guy once, though -- it was probably the best worst comic I've ever read.

It was like Purple Rain meets West Side Story meets The Warriors -- and featured the crazy black alien suit to boot.
    I do like the idea of him leading his own tech company. I wasnt really enjoying the book itself (not a Zodiac fan and it was moving kinda slow), but I do like the premise. I plan on checking out the first trade when it pops and maybe catching up then. I'd like to finally see the appeal of Parker but so far, everything I've read just makes me think he's not really suited to the hero life and he's put everyone's lives at risk needlessly.

I have my issues with Parker (as an adult), but these are supposed to be controversial opinions.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Anyway, Reed did stir things up by snooping around Victor's dorm room in the first place. He was the one that wanted them to be room mates and Victor told him to get lost.
    See? See??? DOOM is the victim here! Richards was jealous of Doom's ability to excel at all things! And make no mistake, scared face or not, Susan secretly desires Doom, as all women (and many men!) desire Doom! Doom possesses more than one kind of "magic" if you take the meaning!

History shall remember Doom as the greatest hero earth ever knew! Richards and his foul schemes shall not be victorious in the end!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    See? See??? DOOM is the victim here! Richards was jealous of Doom's ability to excel at all things! And make no mistake, scared face or not, Susan secretly desires Doom, as all women (and many men!) desire Doom! Doom possesses more than one kind of "magic" if you take the meaning!

History shall remember Doom as the greatest hero earth ever knew! Richards and his foul schemes shall not be victorious in the end!
    Victor, this is why you're not allowed to use the computer.