Page 87 of 181 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2707
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    This still seems to be controversial but I think becoming a mom was the best thing to happen to Jessica Drew.
    Well, I don't think it hurt Jessica and from Jessica's perspective at least than yes it's the best thing that's happened to her.

Uh... I'm going to get so much hate for this, but screw it, here it goes: I hate Lady Loki. I hated the whole stealing Sif's body story line, and I don't care about the gender fluidity in Agent of Asgard. Most of all, I hate how the fandom perceives Lady Loki as the "Superior Loki", who is much prettier, confident and powerful than the male counterpart.

I get that it means a lot to certain people to have a character like that, but I really don't like her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    Uh... I'm going to get so much hate for this, but screw it, here it goes: I hate Lady Loki. I hated the whole stealing Sif's body story line, and I don't care about the gender fluidity in Agent of Asgard. Most of all, I hate how the fandom perceives Lady Loki as the "Superior Loki", who is much prettier, confident and powerful than the male counterpart.

I get that it means a lot to certain people to have a character like that, but I really don't like her.
    Yeah, the way Lady Loki started out is super creepy.

If Marvel said yes to buying DC in 1,984 New Teen Titans never would have fallen off.
    Dr. Doom should be to proud off himself to ever feel the need to where the armor of Iron Man.

Gwenpool is the "Poochie" of the Marvel universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    This still seems to be controversial but I think becoming a mom was the best thing to happen to Jessica Drew.
    I think you could be right. At the very least it was pulled off 100% better then I feared it would when it was first announced.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post

Is Lady Loki really that popular? I mean, those who love the idea that Loki is genderfluid (Such as myself) do not really refer to her. From what I remember she is a kinda bad example of Loki being genderfluid, the few times he did become female in AoA etc where much better examples.

Spectacular Member

The Phoenix Force sucks. It's one of the worst retcons in all of X-canon, and is further proof why Jean should've stayed dead (until they came up with something better).

Sure, in the grander scheme of Marvel cosmic it works fine, but it seems to only spawn incredibly convoluted storylines for the X-men, and like it's namesake suggests, refuses to die and keeps popping up.

Her original origin of simply being a mutant exposed to cosmic rays was much better, because it allowed us to focus more on Jean the person

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    yeah, i don't get how that even became a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    Is Lady Loki really that popular? I mean, those who love the idea that Loki is genderfluid (Such as myself) do not really refer to her. From what I remember she is a kinda bad example of Loki being genderfluid, the few times he did become female in AoA etc where much better examples.
    She's regarded as a Queen on Tumblr, but I guess that's obvious. The phone game Avengers Academy made a big deal about her (she even says "This is an update" regarding her female form) because God forbid Loki can interact with Angela in a male form. As for Loki changing into female form at the end of Agent of Asgard completely out of the blue, I don't get it. I guess that's trying to prove a point that he/she can be anything and isn't limited by what what others think of him/her, but the Asgardians didn't have a problem with Loki's gender or sexuality, it was his lying and backstabbing.

Changing genders randomly doesn't prove that Loki accepts himself or herself. He already switched genders before he became the God of Stories. The book should have tried to achieved a more internal and gradual change, rather than "let's burn myself and regenerate Doctor Who style". He basically killed himself and became another Loki, one who suddenly didn't give a damn about what Asgard or his parents thought of him. It was such a good premise, I really didn't like that ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    since we're talking controversial, Deadpool is the Poochie of the Marvel Universe; just a successful/popular one. Gwenpool is a knockoff of Deadpool (spider-man's face, pouches, large guns, swords). but Wade was created, literally, to capitalize off of what was popular at the time. he's still a lot less on-the-nose than Adam X.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I believe he's referring to when Tigra was tied up and beaten by Jigsaw and the Hood and it was recorded on tape. There was no rape though.
    Yeah, I think Bendis really hated Tigra for some reason. She never landed a single counter punch or anything. As for the rape part, maybe that goes back to her getting pregnant by a Skrull impersonating Hank Pym? It is rape in that case.

Niffleheim

I read every single issue of Bendis' GOTG and loved it
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    I don't like her either. Everytime I read her it feels like the writer is always "Look at Ms. America! She's so badass and cool! she punches things and doesn't care what anyone has to say" but then just leaves it at that. I need a little bit more character than "badass chick"
    Put me in that section too. I read America Chavez's first appearances in the Vengeance mini a while back and have disliked her ever since, even in Young Avengers. Sometimes I will read something in spite of her being in it but avoid anything with her as much as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmouse View Post
    Now I really don't want to say this but..... are there too many girls in marvel right now? I really loved it when they launched Ms Marvel, the new wasp looked amazing, Squirrel girl got her own book! But as it went on Marvel was pushing more and more women onto the scene, and about time to some may say, but comics are generally bought by males and marvel comics are kind of struggling right now whereas DC seem to be slowly getting their act together
    So that and I feel marvel are kind of skipping over current issues that are happening in the US and the world right now, something it used to do fairly well which drew me more to Marvel than DC so their missing that bite that I liked
    anyways onto All New wasp#1: enjoyed it but it was all girls,girls,girls and what is new wasp going to do? Form G.I.R.L.S I'm all for femininsm and love it when female characters get a kick butt moment ( songbird in burning down the house was just epic)
    But do we really need or want the sheer amount of female superheroes we're getting right now?
    I really don't think there's too many girls in comics. That being said, what I don't like is when a comic book goes out of its way to tell us "Look, she's awesome! And she's a GIIIIIIIIIIRL!!!" Let characters be characters. Let them be defined by their skills, their strengths and their hearts. Not by their gender. Did they rub our noses in the fact that Captain Janeway, Princess Leia or Ellen Ripley were women? No. They were there and they did the job, and it felt normal and natural.

So I'm not really a fan of the Billy/Teddy relationship, but it's more an issue of the way its written than the characters. Their relationship is TOO perfect. They're TOO domestic. I mean, do they really have to have this cutesy perfect family in the future? Not everybody wants to have kids and maybe that would've been more interesting for them. It's like the writers like to make them too cutesy and 'normal'. They had a hiccup in YA vol 2 but even that was resolved in the most saccharine way possible. Sometimes their relationship reads like a slash fanfic written by a 14 year old girl. I would not complain if they broke up and dated other people for a while at some point.
    Last edited by Beaubier; 01-10-2017 at 10:17 PM.