Page 9 of 181 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Hickman is a dreadful writer against whom a restraining order should be issued. Do not come within 100 miles of the Marvel Universe. Invent your own universe and indulge your pretentious-yet-profoundly-stupid mega-concepts there.

There are far too many x-titles.

There are far too many avengers-titles.

The current crop of Marvel writers is the worst since... since... forever, I guess. Mark Waid is the only one delivering really good stuff on a regular basis.

Spider-Man hasn't been interesting since before the Byrne-Mackie clusterfuck A.K.A. retcon.

The only truly satisfying Marvel Event of the last ten years was Annihilation.

Colossus should get his own title, and it should be fun.

Bendis should be gotten rid of post-haste. Or limited to writing only Ultimate Spider-Man, if I'm feeling merciful.

Dan Slott is a horrible spider-writer. Who'd a thunk it.

All-New Member

All-New X-Men is a great series.
    Superior Spider-Man recieved (and, to a lesser extent, still receives) too much distaste and loathing from others.
    Logan has found peace by the time of his death, so I think he should stay dead.
    (Not necessarily an opinion, but) I grow upset when I see someone disappointed, disliking or outright despising something. Usually this comes from something I like or merely find average (I'm very opinionated and thin-skinned).
    I like Ultron's appearance(s) in Avengers: Age of Ultron.
    Jocasta is underrated and underutilised (at least, from what I've seen).
    Willem DeFoe's performance as Harry Osbourne was great.
    Spider-Verse was good, but not great.
    People shouldn't use popularity of a character as an argument against them (like how a lot of people were disgusted by Rocket Raccoon being included in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 because he wouldn't be as good as Venom or another character. Had the game been released now, I wouldn't doubt people would argue that Groot should be present alongside him).
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was better than most people give credit for.
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2's roster wasn't that good (primarily due to the use of reskins - like Wolverine and Bone Claw Wolverine, in addition to too many X-Men and Street Fighters).
    I think that sexualisation can work when done appropriately (I.E., like in a romantic moment or when two people are preparing for the act) - when used ineffectively, said sexualisation can be confusing, uncomfortable and unpleasant (this spoilers:
    image.jpg
    end of spoilerscomes to mind)
    LEGO MARVEL Super Heroes was one of the best Super-Hero(tm) based games released yet.
    Fun hasn't disappeared from comic books - alot of titles out now still contain qualities that deem them as such.
    I like some costumes that others would deem as provocative and degrading (such as one-piece based attire), primarily due to how timeless they've become - they are also only sexualising if an author or artist depicts them as such (which they often are, undpfortunately). With that said, I like Carol Danvers' and Batgirl's new costumes (though I still like Spider-Woman's old one).
    I wince or cringe when I see someone contort there body in a way that would be uncomfortable, unhealthy or impractical in real life.
    I like RESCUE and James Rhodes as Iron Patriot.
    The Superior concept isn't too original not because Knightfall did it first, but because Hank Pym did this with Yellowjacket decades prior.
    Avengers A.I. was underrated and entertaining.
    Hank Pym and Wasp should stay in love (or happily married).
    Otto Octavius is a good and well intentioned, but egotistical and maniacal person.
    I'm happy that Star Wars has returned to MARVEL, but IDW's Transformers works are better than the MARVEL UK stories.

Feel free to prove me wrong if any of them are based on incorrections. Sorry if I'm being pretentious or condescending! Thank you all for the replies!
    Last edited by DUSt; 03-04-2015 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Slightly NSFW (I think)

One more from me:

I love the current (slight) shift towards diversity Marvel has been doing recently, and I wish stuff like Ms. Marvel and Young Avengers had been around when I was younger. I like sad white men in tight clothing as much as everyone else does, but there are an absolute ton of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    They've just become so cliche. The stories aren't even bad, it's just the stereotypical teenager characterization and constant references to social media and pop culture get so annoying. I wonder if writers have considered that one day, those references will go right over readers' heads?
    This isn't limited to media starring teens. Try watching some sitcoms from the early to late 90s and see how many references are likely to go over a younger viewer's head.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Marvel haven't created a good event in years and should just stop. Aaron, Hickman, and Remember should never be allowed to write another event.
    New Avengers is one of the most boring, pretentious, and purple prose driven runs I have ever read and continues to further ruin its characters for no reason other than to seem deep or try to make a point.
    Hickman's Avengers & New Avengers are terrible team books.
    Fraction's Hawkeye is a very average book that would be nothing without the artists.
    She-Hulk's last comic book run desperately needed better artists.
    Most Marvel books that try to be Indie feel exactly the same to me.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Maybe some of it sounds a bit hateful, but I find myself agreeing with mrswing and InformationGeek.

The X-Men were never about a dozen titles being thrown to the wall. 3 or 4 titles with critical appeal will outdo what they have now.
    Last edited by Kuwagaton; 03-04-2015 at 09:33 AM.

Al Ewing should be the main avengers writer

The Storm solo series is serverly underrated in terms of writing.

I hate wolverine so much

I don't mind the inhumans replacing the x-men in the marvel universe

I think the x-men/mutants should be separated from the rest of the marvel universe

Magneto isn't more powerful than Storm he's just more ruthless and willing to kill.

More x-men characters getting solos.

If a character has a solo they shouldnt appear in more than one team book

Monica Rambeau should be given a push by marvel. Like a luke cage type push.

Monica Rambeau should go back to her old look because her new permed hair look is awful.

I don't mind cheesecake/female objectification but it needs to be toned down and we need more beefcake/male objectification

More teen Heros. People hate them but I absolutely love them. Maybe it's because I'm only 21

A new fantastic four with the old fantastic four mentoring them.

Prices should go down because 4 dollars for a book seems like nothing until I'm buying 40 books a month. Comics used to be a cheap hobby.

I hate how writing is now. I wish writers would stop trying to tell the next big story and write a fun story.

Solos work best operating on their own kinda in there own little space. No more tie-ins, crossovers and events in solo books.

Shuri shouldnt have died and she should have gotten a solo that focused on her ruling wakanda. T'challa should have an adventure solo.

BANNED

1)I hate Storm with a burning passion. I hate her so much that I try to skip her scenes in comics.
    2)I really like the Sentry...
    3)I think Sam Alexander is ok.Not great, but okay.
    4)I hate the fact that White Nick Fury is nowhere to be seen, and SamJackson-esqu Fury has invade the 616. I'd have much preferred that they just brought over Ultimate Fury.
    5)I really don't like current, pretty-boy, anti-hero Loki.
    6)I think that Uncanny Avengers is one of Marvel's best books out now.
    7)I wish that Steve would just die and Sam took over for good.
    8)I really like Remender's work.
    9)Fear Itself was actually pretty enjoyable.
    10)Superior Tony and FemThor are bloody awesome.
    11)Captain Britain is 10x better than most mainstream heroes.
    12)Current Peter Parker is an idiot and the worst Spider-Man.
    13)Otto taking over was the bst thing to happen to Spider-Man in recent years.
    14)Fantomex is actually an awesome character an better than Gambit.
    15)Daken is the best "legacy"/young character and better than Wolverine.
    16)Ares and Hercules are two of Marvel's best characters and deserve to come back.
    17)Thor Odinson should headline a new Journey into Mystery title and leave the main on to NuThor for the time being.
    18)I actually liked the Gatchaman inspired GotG costumes and I much preferred them over the current ones.

5)I really don't like current, pretty-boy, anti-hero Loki.
    I second this notion.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Okay, not that I have an actual keyboard:

1. Wolverine is awesome. At one point he was a must read character. Unfortunately, like Spider-Man, Marvel sees his evergreen success and uses it as license to make truly terrible creative choices, put on clumsy writers, and flood the shelves.

2. Storm is a great character, but you wouldn't know it from some of her fans. She lost her edge maybe after X-Treme and it hasn't been back.

3. Slott, Bendis, and Hickman don't write with any substance, they spam gimmick to rising prices so Marvel likes them. In ten years I think people will look back on these days the same way they see the '90s.

4. Hickman, Remender, and Fraction have more to offer than they bother to show. Ant-Man was a terrible debut and I fear that Spencer is going in the same direction. Clever just doesn't sell, fun rarely does.

5. Secret Wars and Battleworld are hilariously dumb, but a reboot and mix-up would be gold.

6. I think we should see more of Monica (sans perm)

7. Cage and Beast are the biggest losers in the company

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SidheKnight View Post

Cyclops is not a villain. How come Jean Grey (the original Phoenix) is still considered a hero (and has a school named after her) after burning an entire solar system but cyke kills ONE person (possesed by the Phoenix Force, it's not like he was in full control of his mind and body) and suddenly he's worse than Hitler?

Tbf, there was an awful lot of context surrounding her time as the Phoenix especially given that no one knew what it meant, oh and there was the whole her dying afterwards for an extended period of time, versus being given a relaunched flagship book.

My list

Stop killing off characters for shock value
    Monica Rambeau deserves more focus in the Avengers
    Storm needs to be re-established from ground up as an active leader of the X-men
    Xavier should of never been killed
    There was no point in killing Jean in NXM
    The X-books needs to be slimmed down to the basics
    Marvel DESPERATELY needs this "reboot"
    Stop creating legacy or replacement characters because they are only placeholders until the real character is returned and they're sidelined
    B and C listers need a real push from all the writers at Marvel, a conscious effort to make them relevant
    The same few characters being used needs to be banned for a decade
    Bendis is NOT a good fit for the Avengers or X-men
    Marvel needs to scout for better writers and editors who not only understand the franchises but respects them
    Continuity should not be ignored to tell forgettable stories it should be kept intact
    AvX, and Schism were AWFUL, and all upcoming event needs better editing
    Hope Summers was a cancer on the X-franchise for years and they never really recovered from that
    No more mutant should of never happened, and blaming Wanda is ignoring the bigger issue that Marvel doesn't care about what happens to their characters long-term
    Cyclops is still not that interesting, and any character given a consistent push for a decade should have acquired a few more fans by now
    Marvel needs to start better appreciating what made them so unique...THEIR HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 03-04-2015 at 10:42 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mrswing View Post
    Hickman is a dreadful writer against whom a restraining order should be issued. Do not come within 100 miles of the Marvel Universe. Invent your own universe and indulge your pretentious-yet-profoundly-stupid mega-concepts there.

There are far too many x-titles.

There are far too many avengers-titles.

The current crop of Marvel writers is the worst since... since... forever, I guess. Mark Waid is the only one delivering really good stuff on a regular basis.

Spider-Man hasn't been interesting since before the Byrne-Mackie clusterfuck A.K.A. retcon.

The only truly satisfying Marvel Event of the last ten years was Annihilation.

Colossus should get his own title, and it should be fun.

Bendis should be gotten rid of post-haste. Or limited to writing only Ultimate Spider-Man, if I'm feeling merciful.

Dan Slott is a horrible spider-writer. Who'd a thunk it.
    Right on the money!

I liked Hickman on the fantastic four, but his avengers is a little hard to get into, I like it, it's challenging, but I feel like I need a Phd to understand it. It's like he's trying to be Stanley Kubrick or something.

Ok, i finally thought of a list, here i go:

-The X-Men deserve every single bad thing that has been happening to them recently.
    -I like Hickman's Avenger books, but i really don't feel they're the best thing ever made ever since sliced bread as some of the fans say they are.
    -I dislike most of the titles written by Fraction, even Hawkeye.
    -Marvel shouldn't make less events, just make their events in smaller scales.
    -Fans who only read stories "that matter" are the worst.
    -Jason Aaron is not that good.

BANNED

• The Illuminati are totally justified in what they've done. So are The Cabal and Ultimate Reed.
    • Jeph Loeb's New Ultimates and Ultimate X were both good stories (even though everyone was out of character).
    • Kaine is a boring character and they should've just let him die.
    • Doc Ock should be brought back immediately, he's the best Spider-Man villain.
    • Marvel need to diversify the genres they play into if they want the comic book medium to survive, and advertise properly too. This would include sacrificing super-hero books for other stuff like sci-fi, western etc. Shouldn't be that tough to cut down as there's so many "<adjective> X-men" and "<adjective> Avengers" titles all running at the same time. Hopefully some of the genre fiction they've announced for SW should work toward this.