Page 155 of 269 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 4021
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    Anyway, why care about this competition stuff anyway? Who will prevent people from seeing what both companies have to offer?

What I really meant was that it's not because Marvel movies are coming out around the same period DC movies do (vice and versa) that it means underperformance for any of them.
    I don't really care about the competition. I will see the movies that I want to see. I was just refuting your argument that there isn't competition between Marvel and DC comic movie studios.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Undertaker View Post
    Gorgeous. But I can't wait for something to leak that shows her using the lasso.
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Undertaker View Post
    Ok, that costume is everything

Every time I see the costume I am in shock at how faithful it is... I was really scared that we were going to get a black cat suit of sorts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    Every time I see the costume I am in shock at how faithful it is... I was really scared that we were going to get a black cat suit of sorts.
    Sword, shield, thigh high armored boots, wedges I think, gloves, drab colors......faithful?????

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Sword, shield, thigh high armored boots, wedges I think, gloves, drab colors......faithful?????
    Um, multiple times over the years she has carried a sword and shield. Knee high (not thigh high) boots are a staple, they just added some armor to the design. She also is not wearing gloves, there is fabric wrapped around her hands that comes from under the bracelets, just like she had in the odyssey storylines. Also, I believe the drab color debate is over since that video debuted that showed the outfit on a mannequin.

This is not a direct adaption of any particular look but a merging of many different styles over the decades.

We have an outfit that has a red bodice with a gold W eagle, a gold W belt, bracelets, lasso, tiara... every staple to WW's outfit is here.

Um, multiple times over the years she has carried a sword and shield. Knee high (not thigh high) boots are a staple, they just added some armor to the design. She also is not wearing gloves, there is fabric wrapped around her hands that comes from under the bracelets, just like she had in the odyssey storylines. Also, I believe the drab color debate is over since that video debuted that showed the outfit on a mannequin.

This is not a direct adaption of any particular look but a merging of many different styles over the decades.

We have an outfit that has a red bodice with a gold W eagle, a gold W belt, bracelets, lasso, tiara... every staple to WW's outfit is here.
    I actually really like that they are being faithful to the general look but are also clearly making something new for the movie. Personally I don't just want a bunch of rehashed comic stories being exactly replicated for the big screen. Part of the love I have for any fictional character is new interpretation.

BANNED

Sure, she has carried a shield and sword on occasion. But I was hoping that would only be for special occasions, not in every promo that I now see of her (and yes, I realize that this is all an artists rendering so far).

According to all the pictures I have seen of the movie costume look, it is thigh high boots we are getting which is something that Wondy hasn't had to my knowledge in the comic books. She had very pointy boots under Chiangs pen, but not thigh high boots.

I'll give you the wrappings instead of gloves, but in that picture it does look like fingerless gloves.

When we actually see the movie or preview, whether it has filters or not and what we actually see on screen then we can accurately determine how colorful her costume will look. The statue, while more colorful than Synders picture, still wasn't that colorful.

The costume is too busy looking for me, and still too Xena like but I am sure that is up for debate.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    I actually really like that they are being faithful to the general look but are also clearly making something new for the movie. Personally I don't just want a bunch of rehashed comic stories being exactly replicated for the big screen. Part of the love I have for any fictional character is new interpretation.
    This. Every good movie costume should be faithful but also strive to do its own thing.

Oddly though, I'm glad Batman is pretty much straight up transplanted from page to the screen this time, considering all of his previous costumes did their own thing. Nipples and S.W.A.T gear everywhere.

I feel slow for just now seeing the tiara. To be honest I didn't think they would include that but in that picture it looks pretty cool. I kinda want to see her headbutt something with it on and cause some massive damage.

I'm sorry, it's the image the that popped into my head
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Amazing Member

Again

(At second thought, I think the eagle+WW shaped breastplate might have originated from Alex Ross)

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I just love that costume. As Undertaker shows, it's basically an elegant mishmash of a whole bunch of classic costumes.

It's like a Wonder Woman history lesson in motion!

As far as the sword and shield? Yes, I understand the desire to see the Lasso take center stage among Diana's equipment. That would be my preference as well. But I think some of us are hung up on the idea of Diana carrying weapons, as if it's a guarantee that Diana will be a violent killer simply because she has weapons on her person.

In Injustice: Gods Among Us, Diana had her sword and shield throughout the entire Story Mode. She never killed anyone. She never even seemed tempted to kill anyone. Heck, she didn't even cut anyone with it. And this was Diana, being written by the same people who write Mortal Kombat, one of the most gratuitously violent video game franchises in the world.

Every time Diana has been portrayed outside of comics, she has been much closer to the Wonder Woman we all know and love. It's only in comics where she has been written as needlessly violent. Once again, in Injustice, Diana didn't use any unnecessary violence in the whole story, and she even found time to give one of the greatest speeches about what it means to be an Amazon that I've ever heard.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Couldn't ask for anything more, personally. Yes I wish for brighter colors too but that sepia thing is just an unfortunate staple of Snyder films.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    But I think some of us are hung up on the idea of Diana carrying weapons, as if it's a guarantee that Diana will be a violent killer simply because she has weapons on her person.
    Heh heh - You are seriously moving those goalposts aren't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    In Injustice: Gods Among Us, Diana had her sword and shield throughout the entire Story Mode. She never killed anyone. She never even seemed tempted to kill anyone. Heck, she didn't even cut anyone with it. And this was Diana, being written by the same people who write Mortal Kombat, one of the most gratuitously violent video game franchises in the world.

Every time Diana has been portrayed outside of comics, she has been much closer to the Wonder Woman we all know and love. It's only in comics where she has been written as needlessly violent. Once again, in Injustice, Diana didn't use any unnecessary violence in the whole story, and she even found time to give one of the greatest speeches about what it means to be an Amazon that I've ever heard.
    Heh heh - You are seriously moving those goalposts aren't you?
    It's because Superman was doing all of the killing practically by himself! "SHE" didn't have to do anything!

You did read the prequel comics, didn't you? You did read the prequel comics yourself, didn't you? She merely slightly nudged him and suggested him in that way to the dark side. She didn't have to even throw a punch in that game's story, or even the prequel comics story for the majority of it.

And she did fight by the way, and yes she was more than tempted. She "FOUGHT" herself, from the other dimension, amongst other people that she fought, so I don't know where you get these false facts as evidence that she was barely tempted to fight anyone.

Only way what you said about Wonder Woman in Injustice could be correct is if you were talking about the "good" Wonder Woman, and not the evil, manipulative Wonder Woman who had a Sinestro-like zest to rule over Earth/humanity/the world. If anything, the evil Wonder Woman was closer to her Flashpoint counterpart, way way more so than what you described above.

And from every appearance of that Flashpoint Wonder Woman, from Flashpoint itself, to Convergence, to The Flashpoint Paradox movie, we know that that Wonder Woman is mroe than willing to kill and resort to violence. It's violence that defines that Wonder Woman. The evil Injustice Wonder Woman and Superman and Justice League members who sided with the evil Superman use their powers to force Earth to surrender to them.