Page 227 of 269 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 4021

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    It is awesomeness. Though Batman and Superman have been my favorites going back to the late '60s, I'm actually more psyched about Wondy being in the film than those two together for the first time (and not just because Gal is gorgeous, either ).
    I just love all the DC characters so much, especially the Trinity, because I grew up with them. With WW being my all-time fav! I feel like a kid again. The only negative thing I'd say about all this is Warner is certifiably insane, lol, for dragging their heels and not getting a live-action Trinity onscreen until 2016. What were they thinking? Oh, well. All is forgiven. And there's never been a better time to be a WW fan. By the end of this year, Gadot will have finished filming THREE major movies as WW (BvS, WW, JL). I'm also digging what I'm reading re Snyder's characterization of Diana. A certain fierceness mixed with kindness. If that's actually what Gadot brings to this supper, count me in for the long haul. I'd also add that I'm totally psyched to see Aquaman in live-action, and he was never even my fav. But, like Diana, he's got a cool mythology to his story that sets him apart from other garden-variety superheroes. Can't wait to see this universe come to life.
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

More good buzz on BvS and Gadot...found on another CBM forum.

image.jpg
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

BANNED

Some people thought Faora stole the show in Man of Steel...go figure.

I swear the more I hear about Gal Gadots take on WW the more excited I am to see her in the role.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    Some people thought Faora stole the show in Man of Steel...go figure.
    Faora is the bee's knees, should return

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Faora is the bee's knees, should return
    I'd give up my firstborn to have Faora return in any DCEU film, maybe JL, and fight WW. Can you even imagine? Awesomeness!!!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Firstborns are so overrated even a small cameo would be nice the actress was interesting

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Top Carnivore View Post
    I'd give up my firstborn to have Faora return in any DCEU film, maybe JL, and fight WW. Can you even imagine? Awesomeness!!!
    Yeah, it'd be great to have Faora back. Don't think it'll happen though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Firstborns are so overrated even a small cameo would be nice the actress was interesting
    As simple as the Firstborn might've been, he was a more layered, nuanced character than Faora. Clearly, male and female villains are not held up to the same standard. I sure as hell hope Wonder Woman comes off better than Faora to be honest

I think my firstborn they meant a first born child, and not the character First Born xD
    As for Faora not being layered and nuanced? Well, that will happen to a secondary antagonist in a two and a half hour comic book flick. First Born has the advantage of being fleshed out in a serialized format, that Faora (unless they start setting comics in the DCCU) doesn't.

She was a pretty flat character, but she had this aura of cool about her. If Wonder Woman's action scenes are as cool as hers, I'll be over the moon. Plus, WW will be given more to do than Faora, just by virtue of having her own film, and appearing in two. Whether or not she'll be nuanced is debatable, but I won't expect much character work from a blockbuster.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

BANNED

As much as I want to see Faora return, which would be great, I have to say I think it would be a massive and quite annoying move if all she did was then to pick a fight with only other woman in the room.

I mean, look at Guardians of the Galaxy, was I the only one who thought the only reason Nebula was in the movie was so that Gamora could have someone of her own gender to fight against rather than say Korath or Ronan? Note: I am not saying Nebula is a bad choice, it's just it seemed like it was coming from a mile away that the only women on either side of this were going to beat each other up near the end.

As simple as the Firstborn might've been, he was a more layered, nuanced character than Faora. Clearly, male and female villains are not held up to the same standard. I sure as hell hope Wonder Woman comes off better than Faora to be honest
    Think you missed the bit where this isn't the Firstborn of comics, but his own firstborn.

BANNED

I choose not to read that user's comments, I just glance through them, if that's okay. Nevertheless, I know fans on CBR hold the Firstborn in very low esteem, they think he's a "one-dimensional brute" so my comment holds good.

BANNED

I choose not to read that user's comments, I just glance through them, if that's okay. Nevertheless, I know fans on CBR hold the Firstborn in very low esteem, they think he's a "one-dimensional brute" so my comment holds good.
    Not really, since you missed the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I mean, look at Guardians of the Galaxy, was I the only one who thought the only reason Nebula was in the movie was so that Gamora could have someone of her own gender to fight against rather than say Korath or Ronan? Note: I am not saying Nebula is a bad choice, it's just it seemed like it was coming from a mile away that the only women on either side of this were going to beat each other up near the end.
    That does seem to be an unfortunate trend, which is a bit outdated since you look at the X-Men films from a decade ago and there are so many amazing male vs. female fights (Wolverine vs. Lady Deathstrike has to take the cake for best fight). At least the Wonder Woman film will have her beating on Ares a bit, but WW is the one character who has a plethora of female villains so I'm a bit disappointed that Ares is her big bad in the films.

I hope GotG 2 has Nebula kicking some Star-Lord butt, personally.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    That does seem to be an unfortunate trend, which is a bit outdated since you look at the X-Men films from a decade ago and there are so many amazing male vs. female fights (Wolverine vs. Lady Deathstrike has to take the cake for best fight). At least the Wonder Woman film will have her beating on Ares a bit, but WW is the one character who has a plethora of female villains so I'm a bit disappointed that Ares is her big bad in the films.
    But I suppose there is more of a 'pow' factor when you say the hero is going up against Ares than one of her own purpose-built villians. I could sadly say that I dont think Hollywood is entirely convinced yet that something like WW could actually work on screen, so I could imagine that when it now finally gets the chance, they have to hit it out of the park. And going up against Ares sounds better on paper than say... Cheetah, who I think there are alot of non-readers still conjure the image of the Superfriends version.

I hope GotG 2 has Nebula kicking some Star-Lord butt, personally.
    I'd rather she move to the front and kick him from there ("Ohh... no... Jackson Pollock...")
    Actually I'd rather want to see her picking a fight with Drax. But I fear any return by her will end up with her gravitating back to her 'sister'.