Page 184 of 269 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 4021
    Ultimate Member

So if her solo film is supposed to go into pre-production soon, and is filming in the fall, then we should be hearing some casting news pretty soon I think. I'm actually surprised that we didn't get anything on that front at SDCC.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    So if her solo film is supposed to go into pre-production soon, and is filming in the fall, then we should be hearing some casting news pretty soon I think. I'm actually surprised that we didn't get anything on that front at SDCC.
    I was thinking about it, the movie has to star filming this year or early next year. There is justice league movie to fit on Gadot schedule, and there is reshoots... bat v sup is still filming scenes on chigago (probably 2nd unit)

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    They are probably not going to tell us anything..at least not now.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Top Carnivore View Post
    Maybe Gal did come off like a pageant contestant using cliches and saying that more than anything she just wants world peace, blah-blah...but those are also the kind of things WW would probably say.
    Hehe, Gal is a former pageant contestant. She won Miss Israel in 2004 and competed in Miss Universe. So she's certainly got the looks down for WW!

Gal Gadot on WW

"When I just started as an actress, you go to L.A. and the managers and the agency set up general meetings with directors and writers. They always ask you the same questions: "What are you looking for? What types of movie would you like to do?" And I always said, "I'm open." I'm very open to all different genres because I'm a very open-minded girl. But eventually, I told them that I wanted to be able to show the stronger side of women. I didn't want to do the obvious role that you see in Hollywood most of the time, which is the heartbroken girl who's waiting to be rescued by the guy, blah, blah, blah. I wanted to do something different. Little did I know that I would land Wonder Woman not long after.

WAYNE: That is clearly a case where you can have a very strong role, not just for your daughter but for women around the world, since this will be the first female-carried superhero movie in more than a decade. You'll become something of an emblem, I would imagine, of cinematic feminism. Do you see this as a big opportunity to advance how we portray women on the screen?

GADOT: Oh, my God, I'm so excited about this role. I feel like I've been given a huge opportunity to inspire people, not only women. And not because of me but because of who Wonder Woman is and what she stands for. There's a lot of responsibility. But I have the best team and the best people to work with. It's going to be an amazing ride, knock on wood.
    Source: http://www.interviewmagazine.com/film/gal-gadot#page2
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    and counterpoint by Grant Morrison
    http://www.blastr.com/2015-7-20/why-...perman-trailer

and I think he's DEAD ON about the character's drift from initial concept.

Well every character drifts from the original conception.
    Batman was a killer and used guns when he first got created.
    Superman was not the sun god we see now. He was more mini hulk and couldn't fly.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    and counterpoint by Grant Morrison
    http://www.blastr.com/2015-7-20/why-...perman-trailer

and I think he's DEAD ON about the character's drift from initial concept.
    Character drift from initial concept...

Because remember, this is what the original author envisioned for the character!

Then the only two options for this character are A) inconceivably dated WW from 40s and B) garbage warrior chick from murderland from the new52...
    Got it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk80 View Post
    Then the only two options for this character are A) inconceivably dated WW from 40s and B) garbage warrior chick from murderland from the new52...
    Got it.
    Have you even read the New 52 stuff, because if not shut up about garbage warrior chick. Sad to say Your Ideal wonder woman who was mainly a diplomat was the worse the character ever was because everyone and their mother couldn't write a decent political intrigue book to save there lives. And you Imagine some magical perfect book that never was and it gets annoying reading it over and over again. Also To me the Amazons pre-flashpoint were some of the most arrogant people ever written. They had a Utopia that barely opened to the outside world, talked down to most of the world. I rather have My one- gender society that trapped itself on an island for thousands of years to be a bit barbaric. Because why would they have computers and super complex machines? why would they need any of it. You build what you need and with no cross pollination of ideas we have repeatedly seen it societies, the more Isolated you are the more behind in technology you become because you limit the training your people have access to and you limit the amount of immigration you have also so the cross pollination of ideas becomes almost non-existent to the point were it just becomes more about effectively using tech you have access to then about making more tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    Have you even read the New 52 stuff, because if not shut up about garbage warrior chick. Sad to say Your Ideal wonder woman who was mainly a diplomat was the worse the character ever was because everyone and their mother couldn't write a decent political intrigue book to save there lives. And you Imagine some magical perfect book that never was and it gets annoying reading it over and over again. Also To me the Amazons pre-flashpoint were some of the most arrogant people ever written. They had a Utopia that barely opened to the outside world, talked down to most of the world. I rather have My one- gender society that trapped itself on an island for thousands of years to be a bit barbaric. Because why would they have computers and super complex machines? why would they need any of it. You build what you need and with no cross pollination of ideas we have repeatedly seen it societies, the more Isolated you are the more behind in technology you become because you limit the training your people have access to and you limit the amount of immigration you have also so the cross pollination of ideas becomes almost non-existent to the point were it just becomes more about effectively using tech you have access to then about making more tech.
    You're being hyperbolic. Perez, Rucka and Jiminez handled the political aspect perfectly. You may not have liked it but that doesn't mean it was universally bad. This idea that pre52 was all bad is ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    I've read it all and found it atrocious, disrespectuful to the character and, probably, the stupidest thing I've ever read. Just to be clear.

New52 She-Hercules is not Wonder Woman.

Everything you say is so wrong that it's obvious what's your level of knowledge reagarding WW, her world and her meaning. But please, feel free to denigrate the character that was ruined to introduce your precious She-Hercules...

Let's stay on topic, folks. If you want to discuss the various incarnations and interpretations of Wonder Woman through the decades, feel free to start a new thread.

This thread is about Gal Gadot in the new BvS: Dawn of Justice movie.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

I think it's odd we haven't heard a PEEP about casting though!! There will be some pretty high profile roles in the movie....seems we'd have heard a nibble at least by now!
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    I think it's odd we haven't heard a PEEP about casting though!! There will be some pretty high profile roles in the movie....seems we'd have heard a nibble at least by now!
    We heard about Chris Pine and that he can chose between Hal Jordan or Steve Trever, he's going with Hal according to those rumors. There was a Liam Hemsworth as Steve Trevor rumor but yeah that's it kinda. But actors can join even after production starts or like in Suicide Squad half the actors first appeared in a group shot David Ayer posted on Twitter, nobody heart of KAren Fukuhara, Adam Beach, Jim Parrack and Ike barinholtz before that picture

Also do you really think there will be "high profile roles" in the WW Solo? If the movie is really a period piece (WWII or Crimean War) than everybody else will be ignored in the following DC movies, it all sounds like one-time gigs compared to those big contracts everybody else has