Page 39 of 269 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

She'll likely return back somewhere in August or October. Those "Wonder Woman" scenes. And she'll probably be putting in 2 more months of intense training as well during that period of time as the "glam" shots as Wonder Woman are gonna be where her 'physique' will be unrightfully or rightfully judged. I can only guess she's filmed her scenes as Diana already. So the next scenes she'll be doing is as Wonder Woman. So I can nearly guarantee when she returns back to set people will be bumrushing with their phones trying to leak her in the armor.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    We can probably say the same thing about the movie 'Haywire' that starred Gina Carano. After all, some of the actors in that movie was: Michael Fassbender, Michael Douglas, Ewen McGregor, Channing Tatum, Antonio Banderas, Bill Paxton just to name a few. Also directed by Steven Soderbergh.

Can we assume that Gina is a great actress though? Most here would say no to that question.

So the same question would apply to Gal Gadot. Let's not assume since she has been cast with other famous actors that she can necessarily act. All she might have is few lines in the movie as it is.
    You mean THE Gina Carano that so many people wanted to play the part of Wonder Woman? Plus, we don't have to assume with Gina one way or the other, we've seen the movie.

I'm simply saying that her being cast with good, award winning actors can at least give people the hope that she can actually act. This should be a good thing. It's not negative. It's not bad. It's good. It should be reassuring. Unless, of course, you're goal is simply to be determined to bag on Gal Gadot and not to have a good Wonder Woman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    You mean THE Gina Carano that so many people wanted to play the part of Wonder Woman? Plus, we don't have to assume with Gina one way or the other, we've seen the movie.

I'm simply saying that her being cast with good, award winning actors can at least give people the hope that she can actually act. This should be a good thing. It's not negative. It's not bad. It's good. It should be reassuring. Unless, of course, you're goal is simply to be determined to bag on Gal Gadot and not to have a good Wonder Woman.
    I'm simply stating the argument the same way you did. Gina Carano was put as the lead in a movie with award winning actors and director, so regardless of what the end product was, we could assume at the start of the project that she could act, or at least the people in charge thought she could act. After all, that is a very good cast she was put in with.

Same argument you made with Gal Gadot. She isn't even the lead in the movie we are talking about. She may turn in the same type of performance as Gina, who knows. Personally, I really see nothing good or bad about both Gina and Gal. Watching the last Fast and Furious movie leaves me no impression as to who was better acting wise. Based on what I envisioned Wonder Woman to be in this day and age, I would have preferred Gina, but again, according to Gal, she is today's Wonder Woman.

No Wonder Woman scenes filmed yet, and she's still working out.

Snyder also knows that putting the iconic superheroine Wonder Woman on a movie screen is a big deal, too. He says he hasn't filmed any scenes with Gadot as the Amazonian princess yet, but "she's working out and getting buff and ripped."

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/07/03...nished-hasnt-/

also:
    Word is, the character will get her own solo film announcement at Comic Con International: San Diego later this month. If true, it seems likely that between now and the date of that announcement, fans can expect to get their first look at Gadot as Wonder Woman. This morning, Snyder released the first image of Cavill as Superman in the new film, standing in what looks like it could be Gotham City.

The film is due out on May 6, 2016. It stars Gadot alongside Cavill and Ben Affleck as Batman.
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 07-03-2014 at 06:07 AM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Is anyone else hoping that Diana Prince does not have an accent, and Wonder Woman does? I find that idea exciting, for some reason.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Is anyone else hoping that Diana Prince does not have an accent, and Wonder Woman does? I find that idea exciting, for some reason.
    I honestly see no reason for Diana/Wonder Woman to have an accent. There are plenty of bi-lingual people walking around today that speak without accents in whatever languages they know. Probably could say the same that know 3 or more languages. Why does Diana need to have an accent in order to make her feel more authentic to some?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I would like her with a little bit of an accent myself. It makes zero sense that she would have an American one.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I honestly see no reason for Diana/Wonder Woman to have an accent. There are plenty of bi-lingual people walking around today that speak without accents in whatever languages they know. Probably could say the same that know 3 or more languages. Why does Diana need to have an accent in order to make her feel more authentic to some?
    I doubt many of them didn't have accents at first, though. It takes a while for someone to rid themselves of one - sometimes never.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Similarly, Snyder also knows that putting the iconic superheroine Wonder Woman on a movie screen is a big deal, too. He says he hasn't filmed any scenes with Gadot as the Amazonian princess yet, but "she's working out and getting buff and ripped."
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...look/11310229/

EDIT: Oops, i see RealWonderWoman posted this before me. Sorry.
    Last edited by Dr. Hurt; 07-03-2014 at 06:50 AM.

Because Diana didnt study English to become some diplomat or whatever. I think that an accent would make her appear more exotic. At any case she cant have an american accent as if she was born there. It just doesnt work.

Ummmm...you'll need to point out where I said "need" or "authentic." What I said was "idea" and "exciting."

It would be likely that she would have an exotic accent, and it would be fun if she used it as part of her secret ID...in the same way glasses and hairstyles are used.
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 07-03-2014 at 07:04 AM.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

First things first:

No Wonder Woman scenes filmed yet, and she's still working out.

Snyder also knows that putting the iconic superheroine Wonder Woman on a movie screen is a big deal, too. He says he hasn't filmed any scenes with Gadot as the Amazonian princess yet, but "she's working out and getting buff and ripped."

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/07/03...nished-hasnt-/

also:
    Word is, the character will get her own solo film announcement at Comic Con International: San Diego later this month. If true, it seems likely that between now and the date of that announcement, fans can expect to get their first look at Gadot as Wonder Woman. This morning, Snyder released the first image of Cavill as Superman in the new film, standing in what looks like it could be Gotham City.

The film is due out on May 6, 2016. It stars Gadot alongside Cavill and Ben Affleck as Batman.
    Wooooot! So she's still buffing up. Good to know.

And Triple Woooot! About her solo announcement.

I think she should have an accent all the time, although it might make sense if she can conceal it as Diana Prince. It'll do a little more to make the "Lois Lane Syndrome"-dependent secret ID more plausible. "It's Wonder Woman! Get her! Oh, wait. No, Wonder Woman talks with a funny accent. Can't be her. 'Cause, you know, we don't live in a world where seemingly every British actor in the world can conceal his/her accent and talk just like an American or anything."

Ummmm...you'll need to point out where I said "need" or "authentic." What I said was "idea" and "exciting."

It would be likely that she would have an exotic accent, and it would be fun if she used it as part of her secret ID...in the same way glasses and hairstyles are used.
    And yes, the accent idea adds exoticism to a woman who is supposed to be one of the most fascinating women in existence.

It makes no sense for her to talk like an American all the time, so either give her an accent all the time, or at least when she's just being herself.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I dont know how they'll deal with it in the new film, which got a better writer to tidy things up, but in MoS they basically implied that Perry knows who Clark is too and he's just going along with it. I think they said that in interviews. So i think a lot depends on how much the film itself suspends its disbelief for the glasses as a disguise thing. Because people have no problem with it, hell Marvel is making a movie with a talking racoon you now?

But from what rumors i've read on SHH, Diana will be a mysterious woman that mingles with SM and BM and only in the end puts on the suit and helps them out fight the bad guy. So maybe she's not WW or famous yet and we'll see her identity in JL or her own film.

I figured they were going to hold back on the pictures of Wonder Woman. Look at the promo picture of Henry Cavill that just came out it seems he is more buff than he was in Man of Steel. I figured they were keeping her training under wraps so she can build the muscle.
    former Terrifan2

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperLantern32 View Post
    I figured they were going to hold back on the pictures of Wonder Woman. Look at the promo picture of Henry Cavill that just came out it seems he is more buff than he was in Man of Steel. I figured they were keeping her training under wraps so she can build the muscle.
    So, if she is indeed finished filming her 'Diana Prince' scenes, and then trains and gets more buff by the time she films her Wonder Woman in costume scenes, wouldn't that look a little out of place within the same movie?