Page 101 of 269 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 4021
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Um, no she wasn't. Diana's creator had no intention of pairing Diana off with Clark. Just because they are currently a couple doesn't mean that's how she was envisioned. And not they're personalities are not that similar (fro one thing Diana has no problem killing her enemies). Oh and a little fun fact, Shazam had the power of flight before Superman.
    I think that he meant that WW gained all her powers to be a "prefect match" for superman at least on powers.
    Diana has problems killing her enemies, that's why she always prefer mercy with her enemies. Now if there is too much at stake it can happen. But superman and WW still have closer personalities

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    How about Diana flying on her own, but also utilizing the invisible jet if she's carrying a group of people with her and/or because it might be faster and more stealthy than her?
    i'm ok with it. But I would like her to win her skill to fly somehow.

Powers don't make anyone equal to anyone. I can do without flight, mostly of the new Gods doesn't have the ability to fly.
    Last edited by Blacksun; 01-02-2015 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    I think that he meant that WW gained all her powers to be a "prefect match" for superman at least on powers.
    Diana has problems killing her enemies, that's why she always prefer mercy with her enemies. Now if there is too much at stake it can happen. But superman and WW still have closer personalities
    No more close than Barry or Arthur or anyone who is not some damaged goods, cynical, dark character. It really baffles me this belief that people with like minded goals are the same personality. It's a little lazy that people prefer to ignore the nuances among the different characters and even the upbringing to say oh they the same when it is clearly not the case. Even in old canon when they were friends and he was more of a naive boyscout they were not alike.

She was created to be an inspiration for girls ( and boys) to match the likes of Superman in terms of his abilities and status to promoting gender equality.
    Last edited by hellacre; 01-02-2015 at 12:26 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Top Carnivore View Post
    Well, I guess it had to happen someday. Me and Wag have finally disagreed on something.
    Yeah, like that time we agreed on the Adrianne Palicki casting.....er, nevermind

How about Diana having the power of flight if she is in god mode? And be the jumping kind some people are used to seeing her?

Personally, I would have her be able to fly but choose not to in her daily practice. Like, she knows she can fly, but she'll fly only when needed.

This could be cool in the movie, have her super-jumping around and then badaboom, she flies later on.
    Because I want to see her be able to catch a falling plane in the air, I want to see her be able to chase down a military super-fast jet...You know.

I love seeing her fight on the ground, but I don't want her power of flight to be taken away, to me, it depowers her.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    I still, still, still don't get it. Invisibility is a staple of sci fi and fantasy, in everything from Star trek to Harry Potter and everything in between.

HOW is an invisible plane silly?
    If she rode an invisible chariot maybe, but having an invisible plane makes no sense in the current context of the character and hasn't since the Perez reboot.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Incredible Member

If Wonder Woman can't flight under her own power in the movies, maybe she could borrow some jet suits from Batman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    How about Diana having the power of flight if she is in god mode? And be the jumping kind some people are used to seeing her?

Personally, I would have her be able to fly but choose not to in her daily practice. Like, she knows she can fly, but she'll fly only when needed.

This could be cool in the movie, have her super-jumping around and then badaboom, she flies later on.
    Because I want to see her be able to catch a falling plane in the air, I want to see her be able to chase down a military super-fast jet...You know.

I love seeing her fight on the ground, but I don't want her power of flight to be taken away, to me, it depowers her.
    We don't even know if there will be a god-mode in the movie. Having her only fly while in god-mode would be too restrictive. She takes off her "cuffs", then goes into god-mode and fly's around, then has to look around later for her cuffs. What if people fire weapons at her while flying without her cuffs on. Unless it has been made apparent that she is impervious to most firearms attacks even with the cuffs on, sounds like she would be really vulnerable while flying.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    If Wonder Woman can't flight under her own power in the movies, maybe she could borrow some jet suits from Batman.

people would hate that, and they would be right. invisible jet, magic device, or new gos tech

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    We don't even know if there will be a god-mode in the movie. Having her only fly while in god-mode would be too restrictive. She takes off her "cuffs", then goes into god-mode and fly's around, then has to look around later for her cuffs. What if people fire weapons at her while flying without her cuffs on. Unless it has been made apparent that she is impervious to most firearms attacks even with the cuffs on, sounds like she would be really vulnerable while flying.
    I hear ya, I was just trying to find something in between. The fact is that I don't like the idea of her not flying. Like in Justice League War: In the trailer, most of the people thought that she could not fly, because she jumped on a car to kill off parademons. Finally, we can see her fly and jump around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    I hear ya, I was just trying to find something in between. The fact is that I don't like the idea of her not flying. Like in Justice League War: In the trailer, most of the people thought that she could not fly, because she jumped on a car to kill off parademons. Finally, we can see her fly and jump around.
    In the animated films, she does seem to use her flying sparingly. I just rewatched Superman/Batman Apocalypse on HBO and it wasn't very apparent that she flew. When they went their separate ways on Apokolips, Diana mentioned to Barda that they were going to do the ground approach, or something to that effect. I loved her fighting skills in the arena, but didn't like how she needed help from Stompa stomping on her. It seems to me that Stompa, while strong, wouldn't pose too much of a threat to Diana. Not unless they implied that Stompa had Superman level strength.

I think in Superman/Batman Apocalypse, the only time she flies is when she and supes go to Barda's home.

In Justice league doom: She does fly a little bit while fighting against Cyborg.
    In Justice League Crisis on two Earths: She clearly flies
    In Justice League Flashpoint: no doubt!
    In Justice League The New Frontier: She does come from PI in the Invisible Jet but she also seems to fly when she saves Olsen from the dinosaur.
    In Justice League WAR: no doubt!
    In the JL animated series: well, no doubt either.
    In Justice league trapped in time thingy: She does not fly
    In her animated movie: Well...at times you could wonder if she does not at least hover when she fights against Ares at the end.

The thing is, WW as a flying hero is canon and she does fly in 80% of her animated incarnations so I think people tend to see her more as a flying person than the jumping one.
    Last edited by enish; 01-02-2015 at 04:27 PM.

In the animated films, she does seem to use her flying sparingly. I just rewatched Superman/Batman Apocalypse on HBO and it wasn't very apparent that she flew. When they went their separate ways on Apokolips, Diana mentioned to Barda that they were going to do the ground approach, or something to that effect. I loved her fighting skills in the arena, but didn't like how she needed help from Stompa stomping on her. It seems to me that Stompa, while strong, wouldn't pose too much of a threat to Diana. Not unless they implied that Stompa had Superman level strength.
    I find that WW's powers were inconsistent in that movie. In one scene she can destroy an Apokoliptian Tank effortless while Barda in the meantime seems to struggle a little bit more against the same kind of tank.
    And in another scene, WW seems to be struggling against Stompa. I did not see any logic in there.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

That is where you and I differ. Take away Diana's power of flight, even if it is just for one movie ala BvS, is a deal killer for me. To me it just means more disrespect for Diana's character and current powerset (I don't like the feather gift from Hermes).
    The feather gift is really no different than Hermes giving her the power of flight on the day of her birth like he did in the Perez run. Either way it still comes from him, this time it just came in her adulthood. I can see why waiting until issue 12 to learn about it would seem annoying, but her lack of flight was pretty self evident with each issue, and she only went a year without it after the reboot began. That's not a lot of inconsistency between versions. There are MUCH bigger things Azzarello failed to elaborate on during his run, which you and I would probably agree upon.

Really, it seems that the inconsistency began when Perez gave her the power of flight in the first place. It contradicted most of her history and other media appearances at that time, robbed the Amazons of their innovations with technology, and resulted in flimsy attempts by subsequent writers to work the Plane back into canon despite the fact that it was redundant. And we got "why does she need the plane when she can fly?" conversations inflicted upon us, all so she could be more like Superman in power set.

So her not flying under her own power wouldn't be disrespectful towards her to me. Her own creator thought the plane was good enough, and as long as her characterization and role in the plot are good, and Gadot turns in a good performance, I will consider it a victory. And if the filmmaker's attribute the plane's creation to the innovation of the Amazons, all the better. It would better serve them than the New 52 has so far.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The feather gift is really no different than Hermes giving her the power of flight on the day of her birth like he did in the Perez run. Either way it still comes from him, this time it just came in her adulthood. I can see why waiting until issue 12 to learn about it would seem annoying, but her lack of flight was pretty self evident with each issue, and she only went a year without it after the reboot began. That's not a lot of inconsistency between versions. There are MUCH bigger things Azzarello failed to elaborate on during his run, which you and I would probably agree upon.

Really, it seems that the inconsistency began when Perez gave her the power of flight in the first place. It contradicted most of her history and other media appearances at that time, robbed the Amazons of their innovations with technology, and resulted in flimsy attempts by subsequent writers to work the Plane back into canon despite the fact that it was redundant. And we got "why does she need the plane when she can fly?" conversations inflicted upon us, all so she could be more like Superman in power set.

So her not flying under her own power wouldn't be disrespectful towards her to me. Her own creator thought the plane was good enough, and as long as her characterization and role in the plot are good, and Gadot turns in a good performance, I will consider it a victory. And if the filmmaker's attribute the plane's creation to the innovation of the Amazons, all the better. It would better serve them than the New 52 has so far.
    I would like to point out that Superman started out as just a guy who was kind of strong and could jump real high before being powerful enough to KO gods. Shazam had the power of flight before he did. If we can accept this evolution of the character's power set, then I don't see why Diana is a big deal. I wouldn't mind the Amazons having some magical abilities to make up for lack of advanced tech though.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

Batman went from an unarmored guy with a gun to a heavily armored bulletproof man-god who buys anti-lassos on the black market and can give Darkseid a bloody nose with a flying kick to the face.

Superman went from a guy who could stop a train and jump over buildings to a man who can fly faster than the speed of light and bench press the earth. They also added heat vision, frost breath, super ventriloquism and numerous other abilities over the years.

There has been a constant 'powers-race' in the superhero world for decades (look at the now-bulletproof/cruise ship lifting Aquaman and compare him to the guy who talks to fish).

No reason Diana shouldn't get better and newer powers over the decades.